Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #4: Toronto Raptors 87 - Brooklyn Nets 79 (Series Tied 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    He really just can't. We're not deep enough on the wing, and putting Greivis in the starting unit really could screw our bench...it's been a huge plus to have Greivis come in and bring some pretty great things to the game, and especially since BKL's bench has been garbage.
    I'm sure Casey is not gonna take Ross out if the lineup all together but if he isn't dong much in the game I'd rather give the minutes to GV or LF
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
      What about Johnny Clutch?
      Hahaha

Yeah...just gotta hope Ross snaps out of it, even for just one game. It could make such a huge difference.

Comment

• Pull Ross and defend Livingston with GV. Use DeColo as the PG on the second unit with Ross replacing Landry/Salmons. Also defend Blatch and Kirelinko/Telelovich with Hayes and Amir

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I like calling Teletovic Tellytubby, that is all

Comment

• For everyone saying Nets tanked to play us: How did they tank to play us when they didn't even know the 3rd/4th seed until the last day?
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              For everyone saying Nets tanked to play us: How did they tank to play us when they didn't even know the 3rd/4th seed until the last day?
              The nets just played bad those last few games

Comment

• But yea. Ross needs to get a couple of those corner 3's. The play where they set a series of screens along the baseline and get him a wide open corner three. Gotta run that a few times next game

Comment

For everyone saying Nets tanked to play us: How did they tank to play us when they didn't even know the 3rd/4th seed until the last day?
                  The actual logic wasn't that they tanked to play us...it's that they tanked to get Miami in the 2nd round, hoped they would get us as well, and that would be the easiest route to the Finals for them. They wanted to be in the 2/7-3/6 bracket because they swept Miami in the reg season, and were confident they could beat us since we're a young inexperienced team.

Comment

The actual logic wasn't that they tanked to play us...it's that they tanked to get Miami in the 2nd round, hoped they would get us as well, and that would be the easiest route to the Finals for them. They wanted to be in the 2/7-3/6 bracket because they swept Miami in the reg season, and were confident they could beat us since we're a young inexperienced team.
                    Sounds a lot different than tanking. And who would be idiotic enough to want to face the defending champs over the struggling Pacers?
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

They are pretty stupid if they think that they could beat miami. I mean Miami barely even tried in the regular season, they could care less where they end up cause they know they can play anyone in our conference and have a good chance at a victory. Chuck said it best "Toronto has a betta chance at beatin miami than the Brooklyn Nets"

Comment

• BKN just played terribly for 2 weeks then rested their starters 1 game. They probably would have rather face Miami first if they could.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds a lot different than tanking. And who would be idiotic enough to want to face the defending champs over the struggling Pacers?
                          A team full of notoriously arrogant aging stars who swept them in the reg season? Yeah, I think they'd be idiotic enough.

I mean, think of the matchup...You can't bank on Indy maintaining that shit level of play if they get their heads together in the 1st round. And they match up really badly with Indiana, who can exploit them inside, and West is a legit post threat who could get Pierce into foul trouble every game. George can guard JJ with his size. Stephenson is too strong for Livingston, big for Williams, and quick for everyone else. Indiana swept them in the regular season.

They match up on paper much better against Miami. They'd be forced to guard JJ with LeBron, but everyone else would have pretty good matchups. They wouldn't get exploited inside. And they could feasibly outshoot Miami in a series. They did sweep them after all in the regular season.

And call it what you will...winning was not a priority in their final games. It was pretty obvious with how/who they played, and if one assumed they would prefer certain matchups based on regular season success. (They lost their season series with Chicago btw)

Comment

They overrated Chicago. To be fair, a lot of American media pundits did, before the Wizards exposed them

I remember guys on this board riding Thibodeau's jock, and calling for Casey and Masai's head for letting DJ Augustin go and 'mishandling' him. It never occurred to anyone that perhaps a team's reliance on DJ Augustin to bail them out offensively is a terrible, terrible sign that a team has serious issues.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              Thats the only reason I'm not mad about some of it. Cause some he was literally very VERY VERY wide open for the pass. And its better then thinking the alternative.

There really wasn't an excuse for him not giving up the rock to Terrence Ross on that two on one break though. It brought up unpleasant memories of the exact same thing happening during a fast break with Rudy Gay and (ironically) Demar earlier this season.

I really hope Fields is good to go next game...because I can't stand seeing Salmons on the court again. Nothing
                              Here's an example of Demar running the pick and roll with JV. JV is basically left completely unguarded with he rolls and Garnett doubles DeRozan. I don't see how we can expect Demar to pass to JV in situations like that.

http://youtu.be/TbuRbotfeMA

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                                They overrated Chicago. To be fair, a lot of American media pundits did, before the Wizards exposed them

I remember guys on this board riding Thibodeau's jock, and calling for Casey and Masai's head for letting DJ Augustin go and 'mishandling' him. It never occurred to anyone that perhaps a team's reliance on DJ Augustin to bail them out offensively is a terrible, terrible sign that a team has serious issues.
                                I definitely think Chicago would be a really tough out for Toronto. They would struggle to put up points against us, but I think they could do better than BKL at junking up our offence. Honestly, BKL's D has not been anything special. Chicago, with Noah and Gibson anchoring the paint (where we've had a huge advantage in this series), and Butler able to single-cover DeMar (which BKL can't really do nearly as well) for stretches, could make things very hard for us.

*Also you should ignore anything bad said about letting Augustin go. He was trash for us, had no trade value....yeah, anyone angry about that needs to be checked out for severe head trauma, cuz something ain't right.

Comment

Working...
                                X