Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #4: Toronto Raptors 87 - Brooklyn Nets 79 (Series Tied 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I call bullshit on this. Amir picked up his 5th foul with 4 and a half minutes left in the 3rd quarter. How the fuck was Casey to know he wouldn't foul out? JV played the last three-five minutes of all of the first 3 games. He probably would have subbed in this game also, except Amir and PP helped shut down the Nets over the last 6 minutes.
    I call bullshit on you calling bullshit on me calling bullshit

Jonas had just scored two huge baskets before he got yanked with four and a half minutes to go, and we were in the middle of a run. The best explanation for subbing him out here is that they'd predetermined their crunch time rotation.
    Last edited by JimiCliff; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 07:27 AM.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      This is why I preach defense for this team. Look how good we are when we get stops.
      Just STFU GLF. You were missing for five pages of posts while they were making their comeback and then you jump on to show how right you were. You know what? You were wrong all game for 42 minutes while you were whining that they were going to lose, why didn't they listen to you all season, why doesn't anyone on this board believe you, blah blah blah blah. I wonder how many fans you have driven away with your endless negativity. TAKE A FUCKING PILL...then come back and be a fan.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Just STFU GLF. You were missing for five pages of posts while they were making their comeback and then you jump on to show how right you were. You know what? You were wrong all game for 42 minutes while you were whining that they were going to lose, why didn't they listen to you all season, why doesn't anyone on this board believe you, blah blah blah blah. I wonder how many fans you have driven away with your endless negativity. TAKE A FUCKING PILL...then come back and be a fan.
        dont you know GLF has been right all along? i mean, hes the ONLY one thats been preaching defense! clearly NO ONE can see this except him. his henchman psrs1 agrees with all of his posts but ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ELSE HERE gets it! so much eye-opening insight and wisdom to soak up!

Comment

• Gutsy win.

Few thoughts:
          - Raps seemed to do a much better of driving into the paint this game. Not sure exactly if it was an adjustment we made that the Nets didn't counter, or if the Nets are simply slowing down; but getting into the paint is going to be huge. The lack of lanes had made Lowry ineffective in games 1-3, but he played his best game by far.

- The defence was much better. The double and rotations on the Iso-Joe plays were crisp with only a few misses. Raps will need to be ready for the Nets to counter this. I'd expect the Nets to move some pieces and likely look for a pin screen and a skip pass for a 3 pointer on the other side.

- Raps did better getting into the passing lanes. Active hands

- Ross did a very good job defensively. Really liked what he brought on D. Only 13 minutes, and only 1 shot attempt, but that could be the back to basics confidence builder he needs.

- JV, 3 for 3 from the field, 6 point and 6 boards. Would like to see more touches on the roll to JV. Garnett was aggressively trapping the ball handler (often Demar early) and leaving JV wide open to roll all the way to the hoop. Raps need to find a way to get the ball in there. Either Demar/Lowry need to get over/around the D to make that pass or the Raps need to have a counter roll from the weak side wing to make the tic tac toe pass easier.

Game 5 is going to be nuts. Best of 3, at home, with your feet wet. Now's our time. #wethenorth #whatmasaisaid
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
            Indeed. He did nothing wrong in this game on either end, just had no opportunities. They usually run a bunch of baseline screens to get him corner/wing threes and a couple of others for him to curl into the mid range but he had nothing called for him at all, that basically limits him to living off open threes created by DeMar and Kyle, which admittedly is also a huge source of points for him as well, but they didn't look for him at all either. DeMar always looks off JV but one of his biggest improvements as a passer has been finding Ross on the three point line, did it many times this season. Completely looked him off today even though he was wide open on a couple of occasions. Also had an easy transition dunk and was looked off.

I wonder if Casey pulls him out of the rotation completely next game.
            disagree. i remember when he was on the floor, he couldn't stay in front of his man at all. i dont remember if it was JJ or dwill, but they literally just cut to the basket to receive a pass and ross just completely loses them. this happened literally twice in a row and that was enough for me.

as for opportunities?

the guys just not ready. i doubt he would have even wanted the ball after that. lowry only had a single leg the whole game, did a few sloppy things but still DEMANDED to stay in the game and fight. i honestly thought ross was GLAD to be benched for most of the game.
            Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Barkley..

http://watch.nba.com/nba/video/chann...cat=catId%3A56

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                My internet connection actually died for a bit so I had to run and watch it on my tv but it's okay I'm used to everyone getting at me. But my point still stands, when we play good D we are pretty good. The problem is we haven't played good enough D for a little while now. Hopefully this bodes well for things to come. But with the way we were playing for 42 minutes we would have lost if it kept up. Me stating that isn't a crime. Thank God we finally picked up the D and finally started scoring.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  My internet connection actually died for a bit so I had to run and watch it on my tv but it's okay I'm used to everyone getting at me. But my point still stands, when we play good D we are pretty good. The problem is we haven't played good enough D for a little while now. Hopefully this bodes well for things to come. But with the way we were playing for 42 minutes we would have lost if it kept up. Me stating that isn't a crime. Thank God we finally picked up the D and finally started scoring.
                  You act like we dont know we need to play good defense though. Everyone knows this. You act like its some revelation that this team is better when they play defense.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    You act like we dont know we need to play good defense though. Everyone knows this. You act like its some revelation that this team is better when they play defense.
                    Okay I hear you. When we play bad D I won't bring it up anymore.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Raptors offensive woes summed up in one .gif:

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        Call me crazy...but I see Ross going bananas in game 5
                        That is exactly what we need to catch Nets off-guard.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          For everyone saying Nets tanked to play us: How did they tank to play us when they didn't even know the 3rd/4th seed until the last day?
                          They conceded third seed when starting resting starters during Atlanta game. They didn't know until last day but clearly were angling to try and avoid Chicago.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            dont you know GLF has been right all along? i mean, hes the ONLY one thats been preaching defense! clearly NO ONE can see this except him. his henchman psrs1 agrees with all of his posts but ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ELSE HERE gets it! so much eye-opening insight and wisdom to soak up!
                            GLF was vindicated last night. Raptors played their best basketball this season when kept opponents under 100. You may have personal animosity towards him but he is is justifiably frustrated by a seemingly lack of focus to detail on defence. You may not like his negativity but he is no less of a fan than you. He clearly cares what happens to our team. This forum is for fans to discuss our team. If you don't like what he says just ignore him. Be respectful.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              GLF was vindicated last night. Raptors played their best basketball this season when kept opponents under 100. You may have personal animosity towards him but he is is justifiably frustrated by a seemingly lack of focus to detail on defence. You may not like his negativity but he is no less of a fan than you. He clearly cares what happens to our team. This forum is for fans to discuss our team. If you don't like what he says just ignore him. Be respectful.
                              I think it's the constant pessimism. It's better to enjoy what we have, while we have it IMO. To each their own, I suppose.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                GLF is not vindicated by anecdote. No one is. Rather, GLF is always to the extreme with pessimism because of his 'gut feelings' way before the game.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X