No announcement yet.

Game #6 of the NBA Finals Raps@Warriors Thursday June 13th 9pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new narrative is that the Warriors won the game for KD and will make the comeback series victory for KD. Ugh, these jokers...

Comment

Lets go JClaw!!!
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        The new narrative is that the Warriors won the game for KD and will make the comeback series victory for KD. Ugh, these jokers...
        Media needs to spin everything.

Warriors will not be cheering for kd when he signs for another team in the offseason.

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post

Media needs to spin everything.

Warriors will not be cheering for kd when he signs for another team in the offseason.
          What if he opts to use his player option and get paid $31M not to play next season by the Warriors? That would screw their plans a lot I'd imagine.

Then in the summer of 2020 he hits the market for the max which will be a tad bigger probably? Where's Dan, does that work?

Comment

The KD injury will really screw things up for some clubs this off season. I bet teams like NY or LA were hoping for the KD sweepstakes, and might have to settle for plan C (plan B being Kahwi). Although if I was NY I would still give him a 5 year max despite his injury. You bet on the superstar in coming back to form. I mean KD was pretty spectacular last night and he was off a month, and never really practiced. He was zoned in. Did he even miss a shot in those 12 minutes he played?

KD could come back for a year and heal with his Warrior teammates. But I'd go to the franchise that has the best sports medicine guys around.. and to be honest.. GSW isn't it. They can't be trusted anymore.

Comment

JClaw will close this out, no worries.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That was a weird game. I can't see Toronto shooting that badly again. They're calm, they can handle the adversity, they won't implode. We got Kawhi. We're winning game 6.

Comment

GSW is gonna wanna win it for their fallen soldier. They're gonna wanna win it for all the Toronto fans who cheered when he went down. They're gonna wanna win it for the last stand at Oracle. They're gonna be as frighteningly motivated as they've ever been.

We're gonna have to win the game with will and by being the better team. We did that in games 3 and 4. Hope we can deliver again.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    GSW is gonna wanna win it for their fallen soldier. They're gonna wanna win it for all the Toronto fans who cheered when he went down. They're gonna wanna win it for the last stand at Oracle. They're gonna be as frighteningly motivated as they've ever been.

We're gonna have to win the game with will and by being the better team. We did that in games 3 and 4. Hope we can deliver again.
                    yeah hopefully Raptors can withstand and end it in 6 but even if Raps lose I don't see them lose Game 7. Raps proved they are better team.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

This isn't a "woe is me" statement or a "the American media hates us" perspective but if we had to lose last night at least there's a silver lining. If we had won last night, do you think all the media would have been about that our about KD's injury? My guess is the latter. And we don't try to win for the media but it does play a role for the players at least a bit. Anyways, trying to find a few spots of light from last night. In any case, I agree with Goldblum above. The Warriors are going to be in "do it for Kevin" mode and Kawhi will lead us in on a business trip to take care of business.

Comment

GSW deserve to lost at home, they shamed KD to play game 5.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Or the raps are going to play roughly the same game they have played the entirety of these playoffs....
                          - tough defense
                          - contributions from everywhere buttressed by the steadying influence of Gasol and Green
                          - the bench will make a material difference
                          and the thing we have never had before....
                          - Kawhi time in the 4th.. a bona fide star doing his thing when it matters.

Its possible but not very likely the Warriors who hit 20 3's will do that again....and the Raps will do better than 8
                          The Warriors are spent both emotionally and physically right now... The Raps... are not.

Last year or the year before it would be raw panic ... not so this time through....
                          Its not so much faith my friend as its inevitability
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jun 11, 2019, 03:29 PM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

One last thought (hopefully) on last night until moving on to game 6. Lots of people getting down on the Toronto fans for "cheering" KD's injury. I could barely focus on that so I don't know how long it went. But if you're a fan of the other 29 teams in the league (or the other 28 if you exclude the team that has Lebron), your season starts like this. Why bother playing because Golden State is going to win? But maybe, if you can at least get yourself into the contest, something strange might happen. Curry might be out with an ankle. KD might be out with a hand injury. Whatever. You need something to believe in. And in that moment, people weren't cheering the injury, they were cheering that crazy twist of fate that would help make a championship possible (especially since he spent the first quarter making it look a little less hopeful). But onwards an upwards. Let's take care of business Thursday.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

What if he opts to use his player option and get paid $31M not to play next season by the Warriors? That would screw their plans a lot I'd imagine.

Then in the summer of 2020 he hits the market for the max which will be a tad bigger probably? Where's Dan, does that work?
                              You are right, if no one is offering him multi year max, he’ll kick in the player option.

but I would think someone like the knicks just to get him would offer him max even if he sits out a year just for that security.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                The KD injury will really screw things up for some clubs this off season. I bet teams like NY or LA were hoping for the KD sweepstakes, and might have to settle for plan C (plan B being Kahwi). Although if I was NY I would still give him a 5 year max despite his injury. You bet on the superstar in coming back to form. I mean KD was pretty spectacular last night and he was off a month, and never really practiced. He was zoned in. Did he even miss a shot in those 12 minutes he played?

KD could come back for a year and heal with his Warrior teammates. But I'd go to the franchise that has the best sports medicine guys around.. and to be honest.. GSW isn't it. They can't be trusted anymore.
                                You can have the best sports medicine team, but if the person that ultimately calls the shot doesn't care for his players, that advantage is nothing.
                                KD should sign with the Raptors, great FO, great team mates, unfortunately 'stupid' bandwagon fanbase.

Comment

Working...
                                X