• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptorsfoheva wrote: View Post
    not de colo.

He is nando de yolo!!!!
    yolo de colo!!!!
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• We could always hope Rudy turns down his player option.... LOLOLOLOLOLOL Just kidding.

For a veteran presence who still has talent- Granger should come cheap. AK-47 if he opts out and becomes an FA.
      Please no Ariza or Turner- they smell of over pay and regret.

Also- Kyle Anderson would be just great for us. We need a guy whose 3-sized and can ball-handle, distribute, and create the way salmonella was supposed to. A point guard with Joe Johnson size and range? I'm down for that.
      @Boymusic66

Comment

• Evan Turner? I'd prefer Rudy came back to getting that cancer

AK47 would be epic if he were a couple years younger. He was great with Minnesota 2 seasons ago, but looked a bit past it this season, but could also have to do with very inconsistent playing time.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          yolo de colo!!!!
          YOLO DE COLO! My single favorite nickname on the entire roster.
          @Boymusic66

Comment

• Speaking of Landry Fields I was looking at the Raps available cap space and he is killing us next year in $8.5 Million ways! What do you guys see as possible options here to exodus his ass? I mean he really is a d-league-esque player and is standing between us and an extremely serviceable player. I mean Demar only makes $1M more than Fields next year.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Here's a quote from Vince the other day:

"The situation matters, the right situation," said Carter, the Mavs' third-leading scorer with 11.9 points per game this season. "I don't want to play for free, but other than that, the right situation is what it's all about. At this point in my career, I just want to play for teams that compete for a championship. I just want that opportunity, so that's what I'm looking for."

Forget about championship. Dallas is not making the playoffs next season. They barely made it this year. The West is loaded. On the other hand, i expect Toronto to be a top 4 team in the East next season. They're not winning the championship next year either but they're in much better shape than Dallas.
              This is just wrong.

Dallas has a top three coach in the league (Carlisle). They have a legitimate superstar in Dirk and an absolutely terrifying offense. They took San Antonio, the best team in the regular season, to seven games, and Carlisle was so good he managed to defend against San Antonio's superb offense with a team whose only true defensive presence was Shawn Marion. This off-season, Dirk and Marion, who currently have a combined salary of $32 million, will likely resign with Dallas for about $16-18m combined - opening up more room for Dallas to spend money on another rock-solid mid-level player or two to complement Dirk, and they'll probably go for somebody who plays solid defense - assuming that Chris Bosh doesn't become available, and you know Mark Cuban's had Dirk suggest to him that Bosh go to his hometown.

In either scenario - Dallas getting Bosh, or Dallas getting a couple of quality starter-calibre defensive players (say two or three of Luol Deng, Lance Stephenson, Thabo Sefolosha, Marcin Gortat or Al-Farouq Aminu), they're at least as attractive an option, competition-wise, as Toronto is, and likely moreso; after all, for all we talk about the West, in the next couple of years San Antonio could finally age out of contention, the Thunder's top-heavy model could implode on them, etc. There's potential there for Dallas to make an epic playoff run or two in Dirk's final years.

So don't count Dallas out. I honestly think Carter would rather re-sign there than come here, all things being equal.

Comment

• visko23 wrote: View Post
                Speaking of Landry Fields I was looking at the Raps available cap space and he is killing us next year in $8.5 Million ways! What do you guys see as possible options here to exodus his ass? I mean he really is a d-league-esque player and is standing between us and an extremely serviceable player. I mean Demar only makes $1M more than Fields next year.
                Well we could give him the john salmonella treatment( soon to happen)

If you're wondering what the Salmonella treatment is.......

Salmonella Treatment : To abduct and put into a box and sent to Siberia to never be heard of
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                  This is just wrong.

Dallas has a top three coach in the league (Carlisle). They have a legitimate superstar in Dirk and an absolutely terrifying offense. They took San Antonio, the best team in the regular season, to seven games, and Carlisle was so good he managed to defend against San Antonio's superb offense with a team whose only true defensive presence was Shawn Marion. This off-season, Dirk and Marion, who currently have a combined salary of $32 million, will likely resign with Dallas for about $16-18m combined - opening up more room for Dallas to spend money on another rock-solid mid-level player or two to complement Dirk, and they'll probably go for somebody who plays solid defense - assuming that Chris Bosh doesn't become available, and you know Mark Cuban's had Dirk suggest to him that Bosh go to his hometown.

In either scenario - Dallas getting Bosh, or Dallas getting a couple of quality starter-calibre defensive players (say two or three of Luol Deng, Lance Stephenson, Thabo Sefolosha, Marcin Gortat or Al-Farouq Aminu), they're at least as attractive an option, competition-wise, as Toronto is, and likely moreso; after all, for all we talk about the West, in the next couple of years San Antonio could finally age out of contention, the Thunder's top-heavy model could implode on them, etc. There's potential there for Dallas to make an epic playoff run or two in Dirk's final years.

So don't count Dallas out. I honestly think Carter would rather re-sign there than come here, all things being equal.
                  I don't see Dallas getting Lance, because Ellis. Or Deng, because Marion. Jose-Ellis-Marion-Dirk-Bosh or Jose-Ellis-Marion-Dirk-Gortat are interesting lineups. If Marion is willing to take a sixth man role though? Dallas gets deadlier, adding a Deng or even a Rudy. But if Marion does take a sixth man role, where's the room for Carter? It's an interesting dynamic.

Also, I don't think you can say SA will age out before Mavs do. Mavericks run their offense through it's 35 year-old star and it's 28 year-old whose above average but not great, and their best defensive player is also 35. SA has an offense that runs through a 31 year-old star, with a 38 year-old star and a 36 year-old star to help him. Their best defender is 22. Even if Duncan and Ginobli retired this offseason, Parker-Green-Leonard-Splitter is a good core, with 27 million dollars (That's Lebron and a really good role player, before they even hit the soft cap) to play with. SA isn't going to age out before Mavs do.
                  @Boymusic66

Comment

• I mean, Fields is an expiring next season, right?

That means...we could see him gone come Trade Deadline maybe? Lol.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                      This is just wrong.

Just Dirk will cost $16-$18M. I don't think he'll drop all the way to $10M per like Duncan did. Plus I'm sure Dallas would rather use that new found cap space to sign another star as opposed to resigning Marion and Carter. You don't make a run at the title by bringing back two guys on the wrong side of 35.

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
                        I mean, Fields is an expiring next season, right?

That means...we could see him gone come Trade Deadline maybe? Lol.
                        Hey, maybe we could see another s**t for s**t trade like Lewis-Arenas!
                        @Boymusic66

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          You can only have one player coming off a rookie deal on a five year contract at one time, no?

I wouldn't waste that on Vasquez or PP.
                          No, that rule only applies to rookie contract extensions. Both Patterson and GV would be signing as free agents.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• visko23 wrote: View Post
                            Speaking of Landry Fields I was looking at the Raps available cap space and he is killing us next year in $8.5 Million ways! What do you guys see as possible options here to exodus his ass? I mean he really is a d-league-esque player and is standing between us and an extremely serviceable player. I mean Demar only makes $1M more than Fields next year.
                            Although Fields is indeed getting paid 8.5 M next year, he's only hurting the cap in 6.25M different ways. His cap hit is lower due to the type of contract he signed.

Disagree strongly on the D-League quality comment. He's one of the better defenders, rebounders, and high IQ players on the team, in spite of his struggling offence.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                              Hey, maybe we could see another s**t for s**t trade like Lewis-Arenas!
                              Shit, for slightly less shit?

Shit + Second Round Pick in 2016 (I believe we have a few, right?) for something better?

OR...since we have 2-Picks, the worse of ours or NYs in 2016 (1st) + Shit for something pretty good? Who knows.

If we're planning on being at a similar pace in the next few years, as we are now, our picks are going to be bottom of the 1st, and we still have an NY pick, who knows.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                Disagree. I think there might be something in decolo and that he will be back. Masai included him in his presser when talking about the core before cutting himself off. It'll probably be based on his summer and obviously price but there's something in decolo.
                                I see decolo maybe going back to sanantonio. Is it just me or does he look misplaced and scared on the bench. There might be like a chemistry issue here. In sanantonio he's got his French brothers diaw and Parker.

And I would rather fill that 3rd string point guard position with an unproven d leager or overseas player or a nun drafted player (whoever made it out of camp) similar to how stone and buycks did this year. Who knows they could be the next linsanity
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X