No announcement yet.

Everything NBA CHAMPION TORONTO RAPTORS Training Camp / Preseason - 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Taylor (or Payne) over Miller or Boucher would be pretty dumb if it came to that.. Miller especially. I'm still not sure why Payne even made it to camp. Does he share agents with Giannis or something?

I get that we might want some PG depth especially since Kyle will probably get a lot of load management days. But I'd rather give the keys to Davis and see what we can get from him if we become desperate.

Comment

• How do you guys feel about Davis? Send him to GLeague and give him the keys there and lots of minutes and responsibility or keep him up and get him minutes where you can? Or, I suppose there is the FVV first season middle-ground, which is probably a likely scenario but I'm curious about whether people think it's better for him to go down a level or stay up?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        How do you guys feel about Davis? Send him to GLeague and give him the keys there and lots of minutes and responsibility or keep him up and get him minutes where you can? Or, I suppose there is the FVV first season middle-ground, which is probably a likely scenario but I'm curious about whether people think it's better for him to go down a level or stay up?
        Depends on how the season goes. If we're losing a lot of games just give Davis minutes. If we're doing well I would rather have him work on his weaknesses in G-league
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

How do you guys feel about Davis? Send him to GLeague and give him the keys there and lots of minutes and responsibility or keep him up and get him minutes where you can? Or, I suppose there is the FVV first season middle-ground, which is probably a likely scenario but I'm curious about whether people think it's better for him to go down a level or stay up?
          Well if nick isn't liking what he see for stanley i would say give him or thomas a shot at backup 2 guard minutes
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Much much better than Payne, that's for sure. I'd give him roster spot as the 3rd PG, but with lots of time in the 905 to hone his game (like Fred, Norm and Pascal on their rookie years). Payne should have been cut before pre-season. Davis, Thomas, Miller, Boucher and Hernandez are keepers imo. The rest are neither here nor there imo.

Comment

• Guys, Davis is getting one of the 15 roster spots, that's not really up in the air at all. Whether you send him down or not, that's a discussion worth having, but they surely want the option - and therefore not to have to rely on him to sit on the bench every night not playing. Although as noted he might end up playing a lot of SG. In any case, that still means they likely want another PG option available in case of injury or rest.

Payne should never have been signed. The fact he (and Taylor as well) was, means they are willing to have a lesser player on the roster if they can fill that PG slot. I'd love for them to decide they didn't need to do that, but unless we get lucky and convince Taylor to take a 2-way deal, I suspect we're going to be stuck cutting one of Miller/Boucher to keep one of the PGs. Which would suck. Ideally they'd cut McCaw or SJ if they had to cut a non-PG, but both have 2020 cap commitments IIRC so that would be very surprising.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Go watch DeAndre Hunter of the Hawks. I said before the draft that if i had the 2nd overall pick, i'd pick Hunter 2nd overall. He's very Kawhi Leonard-esque.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Guys, Davis is getting one of the 15 roster spots, that's not really up in the air at all. Whether you send him down or not, that's a discussion worth having, but they surely want the option - and therefore not to have to rely on him to sit on the bench every night not playing. Although as noted he might end up playing a lot of SG. In any case, that still means tDavis hey likely want another PG option available in case of injury or rest.

Payne should never have been signed. The fact he (and Taylor as well) was, means they are willing to have a lesser player on the roster if they can fill that PG slot. I'd love for them to decide they didn't need to do that, but unless we get lucky and convince Taylor to take a 2-way deal, I suspect we're going to be stuck cutting one of Miller/Boucher to keep one of the PGs. Which would suck. Ideally they'd cut McCaw or SJ if they had to cut a non-PG, but both have 2020 cap commitments IIRC so that would be very surprising.
                  Ya id like to see Davis get minutes at any position. If Taylor wont take the 2-way we should be able to get by having Mcaw and Davis be the 3rd PG by committee if we are in a bind with injury/rest days.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Miller needs to finally take advantage. If he doesn't crack rotation I think time's up
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Miller needs to finally take advantage. If he doesn't crack rotation I think time's up
                      I wish they'd give him at least 1 damn shift with the starters. He's pretty much played with all-scrub lineups since he's been here.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I wish they'd give him at least 1 damn shift with the starters. He's pretty much played with all-scrub lineups since he's been here.
                        He would shoot a healthy ~38% from deep, know the team defensive schemes inside-out. hardly foul or turn it over, and be a nice escape valve for the starters. All the man need is a chance. For some reason they're still dicking around with guys like Payne and SJ though, guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• At this point, Miller has to be ahead of SJ and RHJ, and he's got a legitimate shot to play a bench role this year. Let's hope to see him play a bit with the starters on friday, maybe pull OG out early and put him back in with Serge and Fred? That could go terribly, or it could be ok. Not sure, but I trust Nurse will figure it out.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

He would shoot a healthy ~38% from deep, know the team defensive schemes inside-out. hardly foul or turn it over, and be a nice escape valve for the starters. All the man need is a chance. For some reason they're still dicking around with guys like Payne and SJ though, guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
                            Yeah, I've liked what I've seen for the most part. He fills a role well.

Comment

I’m looking forward to see Davis play for the upcoming season. I hope he will hit this one. Give the guy a chance, we’ll see if he’s worthy in the roster.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                Boom shakalaka

Nick Nurse droppin the heat.

right fuckin arm nick. people thinking stanley johnson or RHJ were going to be taking any of OG's minutes was the second most baffling RR offseason trend, atfer the zion won't actually be very good thing. stanley johnson especially suuuuuuuuuucks. by the eye test and literally every basketball metric i understand... statistical resumes of players approaching 300 games at more than 20 mpg can't get much worse i reckon

Comment

Working...
                                X