Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Any updated stats for the game?
    http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches.../12uE316lQvlQ/
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

    Comment


    • Seems like Hanlan will be the likely cut. The entire bench got decent minutes except for him.

      Here's a game summary.

      http://basketball.ca/en/news-article...dominican-repu

      Comment


      • Game Highlights:

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3eOe6rSYVM

        Comment


        • "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

          Comment


          • Did Cory Joseph play? How did he look?
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

            Comment


            • when do olympic qualifiers start. like does this tourney count or not?

              Comment


              • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                when do olympic qualifiers start. like does this tourney count or not?
                This is like preseason but tournament style ( It is a tourney held before every FIBA America event ) .. Previous wins in all 4 Cups was 3 wins combined ... They are already 3-0 .


                The real thing starts in 5 days 6hrs and 20 mins .. I am still keeping my fingers crossed cause last FIBA even they were 3-1 and finished 3-4 to not qualify ... Go Canada Go .. Lets get this team to Rio
                Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 26th, 2015, 07:41 AM.

                Comment


                • Canada overcame a slow start and continued its dominance on the boards in posting a third straight victory at the 2015 Tuto Marchand Continental Cup, 86-74 over Dominican Republic on Tuesday in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

                  The Canadian men's national team outrebounded its opponent 52-29, with Anthony Bennett and Melvin Ejim combining for 19 boards and 24 points.

                  Brady Heslip was strong off the bench, delivering 14 points on 5-for-12 shooting.

                  "I think both teams got off to a real slow start … but we were able to get things going in the second half," Canada's head coach Jay Triano said. "We let them back in the game.

                  "I thought we were more aggressive in their defence and attacking the basket."

                  The Dominicans closed to within four points in the fourth quarter before Canada employed a shut-down defence.


                  'We know that they had about five of their key guys missing, so the other guys really stepped up for them and played hard.'

                  - Canada's Cory Joseph on the Dominican Republic

                  Bennett dominated in the paint to ignite a 15-0 run more than six minutes into the fourth quarter and the Canadians won the period 24-21.

                  "We know that they had about five of their key guys missing, so the other guys really stepped up for them and played hard," said Canada's Cory Joseph.

                  Canada showed its depth in the second quarter, hitting three consecutive 3-pointers to take a 43-27 lead they extended to 48-31 before the break.

                  The Dominicans kept the game close in the third quarter by taking advantage of transition opportunities as the Canadians struggled to connect on jump shots and held a 62-53 advantage entering the final quarter.

                  Canada will play the host Puerto Ricans on Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET


                  The Rise of Canadian Basketball

                  http://tbldaily.com/the-rise-of-canadian-basketball/
                  Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 26th, 2015, 08:00 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Canada plays tournament host Puerto Rico tonight at 8 pm. Puerto Rico, also undefeated, had a day off competition yesterday while Canada is playing on it's fourth consecutive day. Good prep for Mexico!

                    Comment


                    • stretch wrote: View Post
                      Canada plays tournament host Puerto Rico tonight at 8 pm. Puerto Rico, also undefeated, had a day off competition yesterday while Canada is playing on it's fourth consecutive day. Good prep for Mexico!
                      PR are missing a few key guys, they are not as tough as they once were, I will be disappointed if we don't go 4-0, no one has been playing many minutes, guys should be well rested for this game.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                      Comment


                      • WJF wrote: View Post
                        PR are missing a few key guys, they are not as tough as they once were, I will be disappointed if we don't go 4-0, no one has been playing many minutes, guys should be well rested for this game.
                        Barea is back in action tonight. FIBA suspended him two games for abusing refs in the Pan Am games.

                        Comment


                        • stretch wrote: View Post
                          Barea is back in action tonight. FIBA suspended him two games for abusing refs in the Pan Am games.
                          No Carlos Arroyo or big man Peter John Ramos for this game or for the FIBA Americas tournament. Big losses for PR.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                          Comment


                          • WJF wrote: View Post
                            No Carlos Arroyo or big man Peter John Ramos for this game or for the FIBA Americas tournament. Big losses for PR.
                            Moe Harkless is out for this tournament but supposed to be ready for Mexico.

                            Comment


                            • Primer wrote: View Post
                              Seems like Hanlan will be the likely cut. The entire bench got decent minutes except for him.

                              Here's a game summary.

                              http://basketball.ca/en/news-article...dominican-repu
                              I hope Brady Heslip band wagon will have more passengers one day ... This guy is often overlooked when talking about the future of Canada basketball ( overlooked by people who post lists ) ... This guy from game one of his senior team career has put the ball in the basket ...

                              I remember watching game one of two game series vs Jamaica at the Ryerson Centre and fans were all excited to have 4 NBA players on the floor at the same time and it was Brady who captures the player of the game ...
                              Last edited by guyroch; Wed Aug 26th, 2015, 10:50 AM.

                              Comment


                              • guyroch wrote: View Post
                                I hope Brady Heslip band wagon will have more passengers one day ... This guy is often overlooked when talking about the future of Canada basketball ( overlooked by people who post lists ) ... This guy from game one of his senior team career has put the ball in the basket ...

                                I remember watching game one of two game series vs Jamaica at the Ryerson Centre and fans were all excited to have 4 NBA players on the floor at the same time and it was Brady who captures the player of the game ...
                                I think Heslip has entrenched himself as the PG/SG off the bench for Canada. Even when Ennis and Murray join the team, I think Heslip will occupy one of the 11-12 roster slots. I also think he should be on a NBA roster. He only has trouble scoring when teams can gameplan for him or double him, no one will be able to do that in the NBA. He'd be like a mini Kyle Korver off the bench.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X