X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post

Clarke and Lyles are 27 and 28 respectively (same as Brooks, 28). Time line wise they fit OK with the 24/25 year old core of SGA, Dort, Barrett, Murray, and NAW. I mentioned Miller as a potential break out guy that could join the team after this year.

Kyle Alexander could be a guy that runs it back for the Olympic squad as well. He provides some nice length and is a lob threat as weak side shot blocker. He gives up some weight when guard big 5's but couldbe effective in the dunker spot with the guards we have.
    Lyles is a Sacramento King and must have a good realationship with the coach ..He has done well when he has played for Canada .. Hits big 3's for being a big guy ..

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, slim pickings. Brandon Clarke is probably the best undersized big in the pipeline, talent-wise. Otherwise, Dwight Powell is pretty much similar to Tristan Thompson. Trey Lyles is kind of big, but he's more like an Olynyk-lite. Maybe Leonard Miller can go on the Giannis/Lebron diet and fill out with bulk + muscle.
    Clarke and Lyles are 27 and 28 respectively (same as Brooks, 28). Time line wise they fit OK with the 24/25 year old core of SGA, Dort, Barrett, Murray, and NAW. I mentioned Miller as a potential break out guy that could join the team after this year.

Kyle Alexander could be a guy that runs it back for the Olympic squad as well. He provides some nice length and is a lob threat as weak side shot blocker. He gives up some weight when guard big 5's but couldbe effective in the dunker spot with the guards we have.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah forgot he was from the DR. Yeah they could have an okay team. I don't think they get in though. Some really strong competition in those qualifying games.
    So glad we're not in the qualifying tournament I'd be really scared of a team like DR if those guys play.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Horford could be in the Olympics qualifying tournament with Dominican Republic. With him, KAT and maybe Chris Duarte... they've got an outside shot.
    Yeah forgot he was from the DR. Yeah they could have an okay team. I don't think they get in though. Some really strong competition in those qualifying games.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Al Horford would work too.
    Horford could be in the Olympics qualifying tournament with Dominican Republic. With him, KAT and maybe Chris Duarte... they've got an outside shot.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Yeah they need to import some foreign born players into the system. Embiid and Hakeem playing for the US for example is a joke. But whatever. Canada has to dig in and pay someone good to play for them.

For now I nominate Jak. Austria doesn't have a decent team so he's easily available.
    If only Jamaica produced NBA talent. We used to steal all of their best athletes for our track and field team.

If Usain Bolt came up in the 90s he would have ran for Canada.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

My vote would be to entice Marc Gasol out of retirement for 1 game, just to embarass Embiid.
    Al Horford would work too.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Yeah they need to import some foreign born players into the system. Embiid and Hakeem playing for the US for example is a joke. But whatever. Canada has to dig in and pay someone good to play for them.

For now I nominate Jak. Austria doesn't have a decent team so he's easily available.
    My vote would be to entice Marc Gasol out of retirement for 1 game, just to embarass Embiid.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah I'd love it if we had some Tristan Thompson type bigs coming up instead of 7 foot plus projects who may be unplayable.
    Yeah, slim pickings. Brandon Clarke is probably the best undersized big in the pipeline, talent-wise. Otherwise, Dwight Powell is pretty much similar to Tristan Thompson. Trey Lyles is kind of big, but he's more like an Olynyk-lite. Maybe Leonard Miller can go on the Giannis/Lebron diet and fill out with bulk + muscle.

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied

Yeah I'd love it if we had some Tristan Thompson type bigs coming up instead of 7 foot plus projects who may be unplayable.
    Ya we definitely need more big man. Hopefully one of the young men develops into what we need. Edey could be good (especially in the FIBA game). Rioux is just really tall, there are a couple of other 6'10+ guys on the U18/U19 teams but I don't know much else about them.

Maybe strong wing play is what our new "team identity". The other team outmatches us in the front court, but we dominate in the back court.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Fair enough. Just wish we had one or two legit big men on the come up. Right now it looks like we hope a project will pan out.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied

Well, he does have 4 years of college basketball to try and catch up to Edey who played 4 years of college ball, but for sure he is a lower level prospect and seems super awkward at the moment. Kinda expected for being the tallest teenager in the world according to Guinness World Records. Just noting that he is at least attending a high level P5 college program that just made the NCAA tournament and has produced a lot of NBA talent. If he was going to a random mid major I wouldn't even be discussing him.
    Fair enough. Just wish we had one or two legit big men on the come up. Right now it looks like we hope a project will pan out.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

People think Edey was horrible this past summer, Rioux is not half the player Edey is. I’m not holding out hope for him.
    Well, he does have 4 years of college basketball to try and catch up to Edey who played 4 years of college ball, but for sure he is a lower level prospect and seems super awkward at the moment. Kinda expected for being the tallest teenager in the world according to Guinness World Records. Just noting that he is at least attending a high level P5 college program that just made the NCAA tournament and has produced a lot of NBA talent. If he was going to a random mid major I wouldn't even be discussing him.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

He signed with Florida so he's at a good program to learn and develop. Maybe in 4 years he is ready to contribute to the men's team.
    His basic athleticism is not encouraging. Edey looks like Allen Iverson in comparison.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X