No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like that FIBA gets through games a lot faster. I don't mind the tighter whistles on certain types of plays. But if you end up with a system where Joe Ingles and Patty Mills type players look like your stars, we'll there's something a bit off with that too. Some history in various sports where clutching/grabbing/physicality closes the gap between super talented players and mediocre players. NBA did get it right in that no one's buying tickets to see Bruce Bowen types clutch and grab guys on the perimeter, we want to see Steph Curry unleashed.

The foul baiting is too much for sure. The rule adjustment for unnatural offensive movement should help next year. I wouldn't mind the gather step taken out of the travel rules but that'll never happen. I like the current zone defence rules, though makes it hard for post players. Dominant post players used to feast because you had to defend them one on one. Mind you going back to that might balance out the 3 point shootout game flow we're getting now.
    ​​​​​​
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Almost forgot - live ball up on the rim is the easiest and most obvious one to implement
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Almost forgot - live ball up on the rim is the easiest and most obvious one to implement
        You me and Leo are in agreement there. :-)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

You me and Leo are in agreement there. :-)
          Thank goodness nobody listens to Leo....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Thank goodness nobody listens to Leo....

If Leo lived forever, humanity would evolve the ability to force their ear lobs into their ears at the sound of his voice. In the meantime, sound-cancelling headphones and ear plugs are a sure thing investment.

Comment

• Japan beat France in an Olympics tuneup match. Lol. Yuta with 18pts/7reb.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Japan beat France in an Olympics tuneup match. Lol. Yuta with 18pts/7reb.
                With only 12 teams in this tournament . There aren't many ( maybe IRAN ) that are going to be walkovers

Comment

• $10 bet returns $800 for Japan winning a medal? Is this a terrible bet?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    $10 bet returns $800 for Japan winning a medal? Is this a terrible bet?
                    Gotta get out of the group of, Argentina,Spain, Slovenia.
                    Any of those 3 teams i could see making the finals
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      $10 bet returns $800 for Japan winning a medal? Is this a terrible bet?
                      Host countries typically exceed expectations, but there won't be any fans. I don't think Japan will get far IMO. But it's also only $10.

Comment

• France beats U.S .. Watching game I feel Canada could beat France if given the chance but I could never see them beating the U.S .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                          France beats U.S .. Watching game I feel Canada could beat France if given the chance but I could never see them beating the U.S .
                          France has a lot of length and that's what Canada would struggle against as well.

The US are in a pretty soft group stage with the Czech and Iran. I mean the Czech beat us and they could beat the US.. but I'm assuming they won't. They should be able to get into the elimination round no sweat IMO.

But yeah, not a good look for US and coach Pop again.

Comment

• Canadian women really gave away the Serbia game. Was up for work and watched the 4th quarter - they couldn't throw it in the ocean. That team has consistently put itself in good positions only to come up short of the big breakthrough time and again. Tough spot now.

As for the US men, maybe Krzyzewski should get a lot more credit than he has received. 75-1....

Comment

• 48 for Luka.. Unreal.
                              Argentinas leading scorer was wait for it... Luis Scola
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                48 for Luka.. Unreal.
                                Argentinas leading scorer was wait for it... Luis Scola
                                Argentina has not put out top talent in a while it seems. Canada should be able to snag that #2 spot in FIBA Americas in 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                X