Game #20: Miami Heat 121 - Toronto Raptors 110 OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I want some good wins more than anything. Raptors are now the worst +.500 team in terms of their record vs. other +.500 teams. Their 3-5 vs +.500 is in line with Brooklyn, Phoenix, Detroit, etc. You're not a contender until you beat good teams.

Main positive is there have been some close losses.
    It's a bit early for this..... if they beat Miami last night Raps are 4-4 and the Heat are 3-6. For reference, last year Raps went 22-20 and GSW went 23-18. I mean, we're talking about 1 game going the other way after 41-42 games. The best team in the league last year against over 500 clubs was OKC.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Raps will somewhere around 500 against above 500 teams.

EDIT: One thing, though, pace, fast break points and opponent turnovers. It's beginning to appear that if you can bog Toronto down in the half court, then you have a chance.
    Last edited by slaw; Wed Dec 4, 2019, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's a bit early for this..... if they beat Miami last night Raps are 4-4 and the Heat are 3-6. For reference, last year Raps went 22-20 and GSW went 23-18. I mean, we're talking about 1 game going the other way after 41-42 games. The best team in the league last year against over 500 clubs was OKC.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Raps will somewhere around 500 against above 500 teams.

EDIT: One thing, though, pace, fast break points and opponent turnovers. It's beginning to appear that if you can bog Toronto down in the half court, then you have a chance.
      That's why we need to maintain a high energy defense.... to generate more live ball turnovers, which leads to fast breaks without the opposition defense set. Defensive energy was low yesterday and when it was amped up, there was more over-helping and mis-communication than we've seen lately.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That's why we need to maintain a high energy defense.... to generate more live ball turnovers, which leads to fast breaks without the opposition defense set. Defensive energy was low yesterday and when it was amped up, there was more over-helping and mis-communication than we've seen lately.
        When your the defending champs, opposing up & coming teams like Miami will work their collective butts off and play amped-up, ultra focussed ball. It's a signature win for the Heat. For us it was an opportunity to scrape off some of that 'rust'. Nothing to be concerned about. Remember, this is all just practise.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

We knew the half court offence would be where we would struggle coming into the season. But we also didn't know Pascal would be quite so good. Once Lowry is back up to speed will be interesting to watch how the half court offence develops.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• "The Toronto Raptors vs The Miami (gonna get) Beat"

Our pride went before the fall ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              "The Toronto Raptors vs The Miami (gonna get) Beat"

Our pride went before the fall ....
              And so too does Goldblum's game threads, (for now)

Comment

Working...
              X