• Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Lowry/Vasquez
    Derozan/Williams
    Ross/Bruno/Fields
    Amir/Patterson
    Val/Lucas

Hows that for the lineup next year? Same starting 5 means chemistry + improvement, AND our bench gets bolstered! We now have length (Lucas, Bruno) AND scoring (Vasquez, Williams, Patterson) on our bench!
    Slow down the likelihood of Bruno or Lucas receiving significant minutes next season are quite slim. You also forgot to include Daniels at SF because at this point he is more NBA ready then Bruno.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Slow down the likelihood of Bruno or Lucas receiving significant minutes next season are quite slim. You also forgot to include Daniels at SF because at this point he is more NBA ready then Bruno.

agreed. fields might move up or another signing and hopefully some stiemsma for center.

Comment

Well, really, can Bruno be anymore of a negative on the court than John Salmons? Can Lucas be anymore of a non factor as Chuck Hayes? How much would developing talent cost us in games when played off the bench? The starting lineup is still the same!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

That's agreeable. I'd still love to see us sign Ariza and Okafor, but I don't believe that's possible at this point in time anymore, is it?

Maybe if we flip Fields/Hayes/Novak somehow to clear up space. I feel like we'll have to ship out a pick with it though.

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
            I'm liking this.

What's out Depth Chart looking like now? Is Lou Williams a SG? I was reading he's only 6'2, lol. Kinda short to be able to guard opposing team SGs.

Lowry/Vasquez/DeColo
            Ross/Williams/Fields
            DD/Bruno/Novak
            Amir/PPat/Hayes
            JV/Nogueira

God, how much I wish we could do something with Fields/Novak/Hayes. They're taking up such valuable cap-space. I guess Hayes is good to teach our bigs how to rebound, but damn.
            He's a SG in a PG's body. In a way, Vasquez could be a really good bench mate with him, as Vasquez could play SG on D but PG on O, and Lou could do the reverse. So we got deeper in a good way in the backcourt...but we still desperately need a SF somewhere on the depth chart.

Fields and Hayes are fine. They will come off the books next year and give some nice cap relief.

Novak could be hard to move, but his contract is not huge. He's got a couple more years left though, and that's annoying.

Comment

Well, really, can Bruno be anymore of a negative on the court than John Salmons? Can Lucas be anymore of a non factor as Chuck Hayes? How much would developing talent cost us in games when played off the bench? The starting lineup is still the same!
              You know Casey is still the coach right?

Comment

At this point though, there has been no indication of whether Daniels will be on the roster next year. They did mention he could be sent overseas or to the D-League.

We'll see what happens. If we re-sign Lowry and aim for the playoffs, we will need a SF-sized wing with experience who can actually contribute off the bench.

Comment

more than i would like to pay. i would like bruno to come learn, practice, play garbage time, get some reps in d-league. the front office is preaching patience and i doubt it is to surprise us with how immediately he will be able to contribute anything. i can see bebe getting some reps though. he averaged 16 minutes a game and somewhere between 10-and 15 should be his nba time anyway if he is a back up.

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                  That's agreeable. I'd still love to see us sign Ariza and Okafor, but I don't believe that's possible at this point in time anymore, is it?

Maybe if we flip Fields/Hayes/Novak somehow to clear up space. I feel like we'll have to ship out a pick with it though.

i think they all come off the books this year(upcoming) anyway. why throw a pick away?
                  Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Jun 29, 2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Will Bebe going to play the Summer League along with Bruno?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure what you mean. The Spurs try to pass plenty. In fact they pass more than most of George Karl's teams over the years. I was so jealous of the Spurs offence I made a point of counting how many guys touched the ball and how many passes were used on most possessions. It was very common for the ball to touch 4 or all 5 players before a shot was taken. You could go entire Raps games without that ever happening.

George Karl's teams didn't necessarily pass a lot. They were a lot like Don Nelson's teams. They could promote movement but they could also promote selfishness because they were volume oriented styles where guys generally had the green light to take all kinds of shots, including bad ones.
                      They don't try to pass. They will pass it to Duncan down low on the first pass if they can. If there isn't a shot they keep passing making the defence work then they take a low % shot. If it goes in fine otherwise they make all 5 players on defense work.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        more than i would like to pay. i would like bruno to come learn, practice, play garbage time, get some reps in d-league. the front office is preaching patience and i doubt it is to surprise us with how immediately he will be able to contribute anything. i can see bebe getting some reps though. he averaged 16 minutes a game and somewhere between 10-and 15 should be his nba time anyway if he is a back up.

i think they all come off the books this year(upcoming) anyway. why throw a pick away?
                        Send out Danials + Garbage we don't really need him.Its essentially a high second rounder.

Comment

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
                          I'm liking this.

What's out Depth Chart looking like now? Is Lou Williams a SG? I was reading he's only 6'2, lol. Kinda short to be able to guard opposing team SGs.
                          He's kind of like a Barbosa type player, he can fill the bucket in bunches. He was the scorer we needed off the bench. Just as someone else had mentioned Lou can guard the point and Vasquez will guard the SG. They should be able to play off each other well, just as Lowry and Vasquez did. We should be able to give Lowry a bit more rest now.

As for Bebe, he sounds like an awesome backup C! I just hope his attitude is being misreported. If he is the guy that Bruno is going to be closest with, (most likely due to language and being Brazilian) I just hope he doesn't rub off on him. This team is full of hard workers and easy going guys.

Great trade all around!

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            They don't try to pass. They will pass it to Duncan down low on the first pass if they can. If there isn't a shot they keep passing making the defence work then they take a low % shot. If it goes in fine otherwise they make all 5 players on defense work.
                            What?

FIrst off, they do pass to Duncan early to see if he can get a quick easy bucket in the low post. But it's also not even close to the centrepiece of their offence anymore. They have a variety of sets they use where some are designed to get certain guys early offence if they work well, and if not there are options to pass out and get easy shots.

Second off, think you mean high% shot. Pretty sure the Spurs take very few low % shots.

Third, they try to pass plenty. I still don't know what you mean by that. Just about everything they run is designed to have secondary options, and since Ds are keyed to taking away first options, they use those secondary options a lot and willingly, even eagerly, move the ball.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              That's also true. No need to get BC like and throw away a pick just to free up some cap-space. We're not contending this year anyways.

After this trade, assuming we've got this right now:

Lowry/Vasquez/DeColo
                              Ross/Williams/Fields
                              DD/Bruno/Novak
                              Amir/PPat/Hayes
                              JV/Nogueira

What's our cap situation like? We technically haven't even resigned Lowry yet, Vasquez/PPat haven't taken their QOs yet either.

Is it still possible, for us to sign a Starting SF like Ariza, and a Backup C like Okafor, or is that completely out of the question now?

Comment

• toronto is a mess.

lou williams?????

ugh.

Two brazillians that look like they have never played the game before??? I mean hey, I'm all for tanking, but fuck, why not tank last year then????

Comment

Working...
                                X