Official: Salmons & '15 2nd round pick to Hawks for Williams & Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Also guys don't look at this from just an on-court perspective.

Lou could be another trade asset at the deadline. A contender might be willing to send a 1st round pick over to acquire a cheap, expiring, high-scoring guard for a playoff run.
    I don't think we really need to make that type of exchange, if we were a team in rebuilding stage yeah maybe, I believe adding depth to the current building core is major priority especially seeing how much we lack a 6th man in the playoff atmosphere, especially a much needed guy who can create for himself, we lack that type of bench player.

Comment

• If Bebe comes over next season and having Bruno on the team, Ujiri definitely addressed our lack of shotblocking/rim protection
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Lowry/Vasquez
        Derozan/Williams
        Ross/Bruno/Fields
        Amir/Patterson
        Val/Lucas

Hows that for the lineup next year? Same starting 5 means chemistry + improvement, AND our bench gets bolstered! We now have length (Lucas, Bruno) AND scoring (Vasquez, Williams, Patterson) on our bench!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I made a highlight reel of BEBE!!!!!!!!!!! right here for anyone who's interested :

http://perimetershooter.blogspot.ca/...ht-videos.html
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• hmm lots of similarities between Lucas and Bruno, at worst Bruno will have a buddy (by default) so the transition to T.O will be easier. They also like the same player:

Comment

• Looks like we might be giving up a 2nd rounder as well:
              http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baske...r-salmo/ngWTf/

The Hawks will also receive a second-round draft pick in the deal that is expected to be completed Monday.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                First off, they have at least one pass-first player: Diaw.

Secondly, you know what I meant. Among the guys we have who initiate our offence, all of them look to score first, and look for their own shot first as opposed to looking for the best shot for their team first. That's a big reason the ball doesn't always move well in our system. It sticks, and it rarely goes through more than 2-3 guys even when it moves.
                Yeah, but people think Spurs vtry to pass a lot but they don't. Passing isn't the point, like 3 passes before every shot - George Karl , its about not taking dumb shots.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  That's a bad trade, even if you have a ton of faith in Ennis.
                  It is a bad trade, I wouldn't do it either, but just saying if they wanted a PG insurance in another way, they'd have done it in the draft (either thru moving up or acquiring another pick or picking a PG at the 20th).

Comment

• MU's really been after guards lately huh?
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Loving this trade..... so line-up for next season will be looking like this?

GV/Williams
                      Derozan/Fields
                      Ross/Bruno
                      Amir/PPat
                      JV/Bebe

Looks good to me.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Watch Salmons get a ring once Atlanta waives him.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Loving this trade..... so line-up for next season will be looking like this?

GV/Williams
                          Derozan/Fields
                          Ross/Bruno
                          Amir/PPat
                          JV/Bebe

Looks good to me.
                          Why are people assuming Lowry is gone?
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, but people think Spurs vtry to pass a lot but they don't. Passing isn't the point, like 3 passes before every shot - George Karl , its about not taking dumb shots.
                            I'm not sure what you mean. The Spurs try to pass plenty. In fact they pass more than most of George Karl's teams over the years. I was so jealous of the Spurs offence I made a point of counting how many guys touched the ball and how many passes were used on most possessions. It was very common for the ball to touch 4 or all 5 players before a shot was taken. You could go entire Raps games without that ever happening.

George Karl's teams didn't necessarily pass a lot. They were a lot like Don Nelson's teams. They could promote movement but they could also promote selfishness because they were volume oriented styles where guys generally had the green light to take all kinds of shots, including bad ones.

Comment

• I'm liking this.

What's out Depth Chart looking like now? Is Lou Williams a SG? I was reading he's only 6'2, lol. Kinda short to be able to guard opposing team SGs.

Lowry/Vasquez/DeColo
                              Ross/Williams/Fields
                              DD/Bruno/Novak
                              Amir/PPat/Hayes
                              JV/Nogueira

God, how much I wish we could do something with Fields/Novak/Hayes. They're taking up such valuable cap-space. I guess Hayes is good to teach our bigs how to rebound, but damn.

Comment

• Guys, Lowry is not going anywherreeeee...trussst!!
                                I mean lets tie him down to the basketball net at the ACC and pay him his money....and basically he can't go!!
                                I don't care, he can't goo!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X