Game #26: Cleveland Cavaliers 113 - Toronto Raptors 133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I like Jrue, but he'll have played 11 years in the NBA after this season. He's not exactly a young player you want paired up with Siakam and OG as part of the future.

If the rumors are true about Masai having gone after Ibaka and Gasol prior to the seasons he actually got them, then I hope the rumor about the Raptors trying to get SGA in the draft was true. I'd love to have him on the Raptors. Masai always gets his guy eventually right?
    If we want to get Giannis my thinking is to surround him with mature players who know who they are. Pascal-OG-FVV-Jrue that's a good cast imo. Jrue is not young but he's got some years in him still
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If we want to get Giannis my thinking is to surround him with mature players who know who they are. Pascal-OG-FVV-Jrue that's a good cast imo. Jrue is not young but he's got some years in him still
      This is turning into kd 2016 all over again. Giannis is not a plan, guys. It's a pipe dream.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Lowry for Jrue and E. Moore?
        If the pels trade jrue it is to go younger around Zion and Ingram. Doubt they trade 29 year old Jrue for 33 year old Lowry.

id love him on the raps tho

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This is turning into kd 2016 all over again. Giannis is not a plan, guys. It's a pipe dream.
          True. But for the 2016 pipe dream we weren't the champs and the world hadn't seen the parade and what winning in Tdot can be.

So let us have this pipe dream, as it's not entirely unrealistic.

Comment

True it’s not a plan but I think you have to give yourself a chance. Giannis is worth it. Of course we should plan for the good possibility that he signs elsewhere. But we have to give ourselves the optionality of potentially having Giannis for 10 years, however remote.

Comment

No team can really plan to sign a free agent. Look how signing KD and Kyrie turned out for the Knicks. KD was always a long shot in 2016. If the Bucks don't win a championship in the next 2 seasons, Giannis leaving the Bucks is a possibility and Masai will definitely be in the mix.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

No team can really plan to sign a free agent. Look how signing KD and Kyrie turned out for the Knicks. KD was always a long shot in 2016. If the Bucks don't win a championship in the next 2 seasons, Giannis leaving the Bucks is a possibility and Masai will definitely be in the mix.
                I don’t think the Bucks have to win it all for Giannis to stay... only need to get to the Finals, which is an extremely high possibility at this point. I was hoping the loss of Brogdon would hurt more, but the Bucks look even better than last year. Why would he leave a Finals team?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I don’t think the Bucks have to win it all for Giannis to stay... only need to get to the Finals...Why would he leave a Finals team?
                  So the Raps have a clear path forward. Get to the Finals.

Comment

Why would he leave a Finals team?
                    I've been asking myself this since July 5th.

Comment

I don’t think the Bucks have to win it all for Giannis to stay... only need to get to the Finals, which is an extremely high possibility at this point. I was hoping the loss of Brogdon would hurt more, but the Bucks look even better than last year. Why would he leave a Finals team?
                      Why did Lebron leave a Finals team twice? The Heat lost in the Finals, Lebron went back to the Cavs. Cavs lost to the Warriors, Lebron went to the Lakers.

Why did Kawhi leave a team that just won a championship? Why did KD leave the Warriors after they lost in the Finals?

Sometimes just making the Finals isn't enough. Not saying he is going to leave the Bucks if they don't win a championship, just saying its a possibility, at the very least, it could cause him to hear teams out.
                      Last edited by A.I; Tue Dec 17, 2019, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Just losing Lowry doesn’t help us. Lowry is better than Norm.

Im far from convinced that Norm can ever be a consistent starting 2 on a contending team. But I have been impressed with this run he is on.

My thinking is is that 2 of our best players are both short guards (under 6’ ?). Sure Fred might be a combo guard but he is definitely under sized as a 2 guard. As is Kyle. Both of them starting in the backcourt leads to a very short backcourt on a team already not great at rebounding.

If somehow we could get younger and bigger at the 2 I think that would be good. Either a natural SG or a combo guard. Someone that can help us now and in the future. I don’t think this team is good enough to contend as is. It needs more. I honestly don’t know how we improve this year. But Kyle seems to be very tradeable. I do get that we get worse now simply losing Kyle with no replacement.

And I guess if we can’t contend as is and we can’t make any moves to improve this year I’d prefer to manage assets by getting something for Lowry that could help us long term, if the demand for Lowry is sufficiently high.
                        The point with a Lowry trade in terms of getting better now is: what team is looking to compete and therefore wants to trade for Lowry, but will also give up a younger, bigger and already nearly as good player for him (that is, close enough that being bigger makes up for being not quite as good)?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hopefully because Toronto is a better more liveable cosmopolitan city than anything in Milwaukee, the weather is better , the Raptors would be a better team WITH Giannis than the Bucks without him and ....

Comment

Can't let hopes of landing Giannis get in the way of this franchise moving forward. With his injury issues and age he may not be the player he is now by 2021.
                            Last edited by LJ2; Tue Dec 17, 2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I've been asking myself this since July 5th.
                              Ok, I see it now. Giannis is coming home to the Danforth. And he’s bringing Kosta Koufos with him. Lol.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                I like Jrue, but he'll have played 11 years in the NBA after this season. He's not exactly a young player you want paired up with Siakam and OG as part of the future.

If the rumors are true about Masai having gone after Ibaka and Gasol prior to the seasons he actually got them, then I hope the rumor about the Raptors trying to get SGA in the draft was true. I'd love to have him on the Raptors. Masai always gets his guy eventually right?
                                This one (SGA) makes sense basketball wise, a young, talented, tall rangy PG would be a great fit and address some of our weaknesses. Realistically, would he be available?

Comment

Working...
                                X