Brissett = raptors future SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brissett = raptors future SF

​​​​​​I dont think OG is gonna reach the expected level within required time

But I see Brissett moving up, I can see him develop into something like Tobias Harris

I say we trade OG

What do yall think

Kawhisexual wrote: View Post

But I see Brissett moving up, I can see him develop into something like Tobias Harris

I say we trade OG

What do yall think
    ???
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Like before his contract expires, i dont think hes gonna perform at the level that is required or expected

Comment

Uhhh...

Short answer: no.

Long answer: noooooooooooo.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I get the disappointment from some fans. But OG is only 22, basically wrote off last year and now is playing without Pascal, Serge and FVV.

I'd like to to see a bit, well actually a lot more passion and hustle from him but you really can't judge a lot until the team is healthy again. However his laid back personality can't continue to play out on the court. Kawhi had a switch where he was laid back but turned assassin when the game started.

Comment

I say we trade OG

What do yall think
            I 100% agree OG is not the guy. Who is the guy I don’t know. I like that Brissett can play above the rim. We need a SG

Comment

Og has coordination issues, Brissett it’s his footwork, angle of attack, and counters. I could teach Brissett where as OG I feel as tho u have to break it all down to the beginning and rebuild.

og is probably much stronger but Brissett is more physical and can play through contact. 3’s are about equal in terms of form. Og is better at 1 dribble and go. Brissett is probably the better screener.

out of the 2 Brissett seems like he has the potential to have a higher basketball IQ from watching the Syracuse stuff.

if we could get a good return for OG I would take the chance on trading him, we won a championship without him so it’s not like he is untradable

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                Og has coordination issues, Brissett it’s his footwork, angle of attack, and counters. I could teach Brissett where as OG I feel as tho u have to break it all down to the beginning and rebuild.

og is probably much stronger but Brissett is more physical and can play through contact. 3’s are about equal in terms of form. Og is better at 1 dribble and go. Brissett is probably the better screener.

out of the 2 Brissett seems like he has the potential to have a higher basketball IQ from watching the Syracuse stuff.

if we could get a good return for OG I would take the chance on trading him, we won a championship without him so it’s not like he is untradable
                We had a different SF at the time as I recall. What was his name?

Right. "This player can be adequately replaced by Kawhi Leonard" is not an argument to trade that player.

If we trade OG we probably get worse, he's one of the bigger win drivers for us this year. I mean, unless we trade him for a superstar. I don't think anyone would have a problem with trading for a superstar.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Again, 22....wrote off last year....no Siakam, Powell and Gasol. I don't know his ceiling but you have to be patient and why would you trade him at an all time low just to see him blossom somewhere else?

22 ....

Comment

Ive been a little disappointed with OG. His defence has been stellar, and oodles of potential as a help defender, but offensively hes been a little off. He makes some weird plays at the rim sometimes. The coordination thing mentioned above. I wanted the team to give him the opportunities with the ball that they have, but i was expecting more from him i guess. You can see the potential there too though. But he is young, and is already a top tier man on man defender, has a solid catch and shoot game and some ability to attack a closeout. He really just needs to figure out how to use his body and improve his decision making and consistency and he is probably an all star at that point. I wouldnt trade him unless it was in a package for a very good player.

Comment

I'm not sure OG had coordination issues, he can drive with a bit of tunnel vision and run into trouble that way which is not at all unusual for a young player.

He can muscle straight through guys this season, which he couldn't do before. That's fun. Just lays it in right in their face.

He's also working on his left hand. He's been making and finishing some drives entirely with his left recently. That is not a "no coordination" thing, quite the opposite.

Still seems to mostly be consistency and decision making. Typical young player stuff, the solution is always in-game reps.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I say we trade OG

What do yall think
                        Lol..I'm not saying this kid is gonna b Kawli...but Kawli wasn't great offensive player till later in his career,so...OG I like his D..but his got a lot 2 learn,but I have faith in him that he will become something,this @#@ about trading him..give ure head a shake..give this guy time,I believe in the kid..
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Ive been a little disappointed with OG. His defence has been stellar, and oodles of potential as a help defender, but offensively hes been a little off. He makes some weird plays at the rim sometimes. The coordination thing mentioned above. I wanted the team to give him the opportunities with the ball that they have, but i was expecting more from him i guess. You can see the potential there too though. But he is young, and is already a top tier man on man defender, has a solid catch and shoot game and some ability to attack a closeout. He really just needs to figure out how to use his body and improve his decision making and consistency and he is probably an all star at that point. I wouldnt trade him unless it was in a package for a very good player.
                          Agree with what you're saying, but the answer is consistent reps, supported by a healthy off-season during which he can get the work done to improve in those areas. The areas he is weak in all require repeated reps to ingrain "muscle memory." That's my belief. His career so far has had sustained and significant interruptions to his development. It's not like you can just take three periods of health, and stitch them together into one 18 month long period and say "not enough improvement."

If he can stay uninjured, I think he will be significantly better by April than he is now.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Again, 22....wrote off last year....no Siakam, Powell and Gasol. I don't know his ceiling but you have to be patient and why would you trade him at an all time low just to see him blossom somewhere else?

22 ....
                            All these players out and the kid is not standing out! I don’t know what u guys are expecting him to grow into. He can not put the ball on the floor and probably will never be able to do that. He looks good on straight line drives and open 3’s. He can play defence I give him that but that’s all your going to get out of him. I hate watching players who are that big and shy away from contact. He is very close to his ceiling

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

All these players out and the kid is not standing out! I don’t know what u guys are expecting him to grow into. He can not put the ball on the floor and probably will never be able to do that. He looks good on straight line drives and open 3’s. He can play defence I give him that but that’s all your going to get out of him. I hate watching players who are that big and shy away from contact. He is very close to his ceiling
                              Every guy is supposed to be a star? Role player struggles when star player and key starters got injured. Don't know why people are surprised.

3 and D is enough from OG.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                              X