The East is going to be much stronger this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    Enlightenment you can't compare player to player because its a false representation. If you are saying this team is more talented I 100% agree with you.

What I am saying is there are 4 Michael's and no Scottie. They are also not deep. My issue with this CAVS team is not talent but fit. and I don't think Irving or Waiters have it in themselves to submit to lesser roles. Wiggins might but that's not necessarily ideal for him
    look at my comment right after. I saw your point and agree with you.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      look at my comment right after. I saw your point and agree with you.
      Apologies
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Enlightenment you can't compare player to player because its a false representation. If you are saying this team is more talented I 100% agree with you.

What I am saying is there are 4 Michael's and no Scottie. They are also not deep. My issue with this CAVS team is not talent but fit. and I don't think Irving or Waiters have it in themselves to submit to lesser roles. Wiggins might but that's not necessarily ideal for him
        I think Cleveland should immediately look to move Waiters. I'd call up Milwaukee, and try a gamble of a trade...

Give them Varejao and Waiters. Take back Sanders, and one of Ilyasova/Mayo...preferably Mayo I think, just for contract length and positional need.
        -Sanders adds long term money, but a great guy to have behind Lebron and Wiggins on D. Will help cover up for Irving as well. Hopefully good atmosphere will get best out of him.
        -If they can whip Mayo into at least decent shape, he could be a much needed shooter and bench scorer for them.
        -Might have to give up something like young end of bencher Felix to make money work. Maybe see about sending a 1st rd pick (CLE has two incoming this year) but get a couple of future 2nd rounders back.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I think Cleveland should immediately look to move Waiters. I'd call up Milwaukee, and try a gamble of a trade...

Give them Varejao and Waiters. Take back Sanders, and one of Ilyasova/Mayo...preferably Mayo I think, just for contract length and positional need.
          -Sanders adds long term money, but a great guy to have behind Lebron and Wiggins on D. Will help cover up for Irving as well. Hopefully good atmosphere will get best out of him.
          -If they can whip Mayo into at least decent shape, he could be a much needed shooter and bench scorer for them.
          -Might have to give up something like young end of bencher Felix to make money work. Maybe see about sending a 1st rd pick (CLE has two incoming this year) but get a couple of future 2nd rounders back.
          They should blow up the team. Keep Wiggins and trade the rest. This isn't a one season overhaul. They won't be a contender for 1 or 2 seasons at least.

Comment

Apologies
            Only forgiven if you remove me from your signature! I gave your point full credence way before you promised to shame me

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              They should blow up the team. Keep Wiggins and trade the rest. This isn't a one season overhaul. They won't be a contender for 1 or 2 seasons at least.
              Derozan + Amir for LBJ?

Comment

• One team gets weaker....

One team gets stronger....

More Eastern balance:

Comment

• Already wasn't super high on Indiana, guess i'll slot them in at around 5th now.

Comment

• Adding Stephenson and Vonhleh is really solid for Charlotte talentwise, but Stephenson and Hairston could really test team chemistry--those two are knuckleheads.

Comment

• Indiana now has zero playmaking out of their backcourt. I think we're better than them tbh.

DeRozan basically gives you the same kind of production George does on the offensive end, while Ross gives you that perimeter defense as well as 3PT marksmanship. While West is better than each of Amir and PP, I don't think he's better than the combination of those two at the 4 spot, plus he's 33 right now and only going to get worse. While Hibbert is great defensively, Jonas is already miles ahead of him on the offensive end and on the glass, and only getting better.

Lowry is so much better than George Hill as a PG it's not even funny. Not to mention our bench is way deeper.

Tbh, it's not inconceivable that we could be the #1 seed this year. I would not bet on it or even expect it, but Masai has won 57 games with a similar team in Denver (a couple all-star caliber guys with great depth and youth) out west before. If Rose is healthy or Cleveland meshes quickly, no chance though.

A lot of teams actually have pretty solid looking starting 5s now out east though:

CLE: Kyrie/Wiggins/LBJ/TT/Varejao
                      MIA: Chalmers/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Birdman
                      CHI: Rose?/Butler/McDermott/Pau/Noah
                      WAS: Wall/Beal/Pierce/Nene/Gortat
                      CHA: Kemba/Lance/MKG/Zeller or Vonleh/Jefferson
                      ATL: Teague/Thabo/Korver/Millsap/Horford
                      TOR: Lowry/DeRozan/Ross/Amir/Valanciunas

Should be pretty fun next year.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Ok, now I'm certain you're a troll.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          Ok, now I'm certain you're a troll.
                          Did he make any sense at all? "This isn't a one season overhaul." Then "They won't be a contender for 1 or 2 seasons at least." Must be some serious impatience there. Blow up a team that is 1-2 seasons from contention...wow.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Did he make any sense at all? "This isn't a one season overhaul." Then "They won't be a contender for 1 or 2 seasons at least." Must be some serious impatience there. Blow up a team that is 1-2 seasons from contention...wow.
                            I swear... Trade away king James and do what? Which better player are you gonna get lmfao?

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                              Already wasn't super high on Indiana, guess i'll slot them in at around 5th now.
                              It will be interesting. In my view, Stephenson was as much a problem as he was a positive. He was a creator, which they needed. He was also the ultimate ball stopper, which killed their offense in the 2nd half.

I think losing Stephenson probably lowers their ceiling (no more early season Indiana that's clicking on offense) but raises their floor (no more suckage like in the 2nd half).

Comment

• The Cavs are going to be really effing good. Bennett is roundning back into form after a horriffic season healthwise, looks fantastic so far in Vegas, wiggans is already good. Add that to an already existing vet core of verajao and The bets player in the NBA with Irving, who, is WAY to slagged on this forum, he's elite.

I'm Putting the Cavs at Number three on my favs list, may even buy a hat or shirt.

for me....

1. Raps
                                2. Spurs (until Pops leaves)
                                3. Cavs

Comment

Working...
                                X