Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S.R. wrote: View Post
    A few playoff questions:

    1. What's your floor that would still feel like the Raptors had a good run this year?
    2. Most likely Finals team outside of the top 4 seeds?
    3. Who wins Finals MVP?
    4. Dream Finals matchup, Raptors vs.....?
    1. Because of the threat of positive tests and covid, my expectations are a bit lower than they probably should be.. A competitive ECF is ideal though. If they lose to the Celtics in the second round in 7 games, it would suck, but it wouldn't be like a bad year or anything.

    2. I don't see a team jumping up. but either Houston or Boston if I had to pick a team.

    3. I have the Clippers winning it so Kawhi again. Siakam though if the Raptors defend the title

    4. Nuggets, Jazz, Mavs or Thunder.

    Comment


    • planetmars wrote: View Post


      Kyle is looking good. Masai is there as well which is awesome.

      Love this team!
      For some reason Raps carry themselves as champs better than previous champs. But it's purely because i'm biased i'm sure lmao
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

      Comment


      • S.R. wrote: View Post
        A few playoff questions:

        1. What's your floor that would still feel like the Raptors had a good run this year?
        2. Most likely Finals team outside of the top 4 seeds?
        3. Who wins Finals MVP?
        4. Dream Finals matchup, Raptors vs.....?
        1. ECF
        2. Rockets
        3. Giannis
        4. Lakers
        2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post

          Are we sure the Clippers tampered that hard, or was it Uncle Dennis’ plan from the get-go to extract a king’s ransom from Ballmer and get Kawhi back home where he always wanted to be.
          Weren't Clippers execs and even Ballmer at TONS of Raptor games. Remember Kawhi saying he didn't even recognize who Ballmer was?
          Mid grade tampering all season; Uncle Dennis just told them Kawhi was thinking Raptors/Lakers/ Clippers and they needed to show him some love/tampering....and they did

          Comment


          • The problem with the NBA now is there are SO many teams with reasons to hope they don't win
            West:
            Clippers, screw Ballmer and I don't want to see Kawhi/George tampering justified
            Lakers, lebron, PG, gag
            Houston, Harden Westbrook, no thanks
            Nugz would be great

            East:
            Bucks, normally they'd be my second choice but Giannis needs to lose again and come here.
            Celtics, never, the Paul Pierce stink is still strong on that one.
            Sixers, it's weird but in another dimension, I kinda like Embiid and his goofiness. But as a team and their fans, no

            Odds of disappointment are high .....

            Comment


            • I think it's clear that Basketball Gods wanted Kawhi to stay with Champs. But he left and now gods require a sacrifice
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                Weren't Clippers execs and even Ballmer at TONS of Raptor games. Remember Kawhi saying he didn't even recognize who Ballmer was?
                Mid grade tampering all season; Uncle Dennis just told them Kawhi was thinking Raptors/Lakers/ Clippers and they needed to show him some love/tampering....and they did
                Sure, but what I'm saying is that the Clippers were probably 1st choice all along (by a considerable margin) and Kawhi was theirs to lose. The Clippers trying to buy the Klaw logo from Nike is the smoking gun to me. That was weird and had to be under the direction of Uncle Dennis.

                Comment


                • Lots of good content starting to come out now that people are in the bubble.
                  Serge showing off his room,T-ross getting a look at what it looks like in common area
                  J.J Reddick having a pod talking about it, says he's really impressed with the protocol. Says the food being bad is overrated it just looks bad presentation as everything is delivered in a sanitized containers on cafeteria trays. Also the team nutritionist picks the menu for each team so they only have their own team to blame really if they dont like the menu.
                  First 48 hours are more strict quarantine and things start to open up for the players alos after the first 14 days (can go to other hotels, resturants etc.)
                  It starting to sink in how funny it is that the best basketball players in the world are all going to be mixing and mingling like its summer camp.

                  Open gym had footage so it looks like the 2 guys who make that are apart of the raptors crew they bought. We going to get some great episodes of O.G
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post

                    Are we sure the Clippers tampered that hard, or was it Uncle Dennis’ plan from the get-go to extract a king’s ransom from Ballmer and get Kawhi back home where he always wanted to be.
                    Did Dennis instructed Lawrence Frank and all the other Clipper employees to attend every Raptors home game? this has Ballmer written all over it.
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • S.R. wrote: View Post
                      A few playoff questions:

                      1. What's your floor that would still feel like the Raptors had a good run this year?
                      2. Most likely Finals team outside of the top 4 seeds?
                      3. Who wins Finals MVP?
                      4. Dream Finals matchup, Raptors vs.....?
                      1. I didn't have any expectations coming into this season. The team played well and I enjoyed the hell out of it before the season was cut short. It'll always be disappointing to lose to the Celtics or Sixers in the second round, so I'll say ECF.

                      2. I don't see any team out side of the top 4 winning, but if I had to choose, I'd say Rockets.

                      3. The homer in me says Siakam, but I'd have to go Kawhi. He has had a ton of rest over the break and is primed to go off like he did in the Sixers series.

                      4. Raptors vs. Lakers. Imagine squashing the 2 main statements against the Raptors in one series. "Kawhi carried the Raptors" and "Raptors can't beat Lebron".

                      Comment


                      • S.R. wrote: View Post
                        A few playoff questions:

                        1. What's your floor that would still feel like the Raptors had a good run this year?
                        2. Most likely Finals team outside of the top 4 seeds?
                        3. Who wins Finals MVP?
                        4. Dream Finals matchup, Raptors vs.....?
                        1. Competive ECF matchup with the bucks. I'd feel okay about losing in 6. Also as much as it would sting i think a 7 game series were a couple bad bounces or bad calls were we lost to the celtics would still be fairly good season. Taking into consideration the expectations of both teams pre-season.
                        2. Id say Rockets, teams havent got to have lots of time to check out their micro-ball. Harden can go supernova for a couple weeks and wins few series. Also a guy who has burnt out in the past time off maybe be a scary thought for the west.
                        Super-super darkhorse but maybe topping out at WCF- Nuggets
                        3. Bron or Giannis. They have the most paths to winning the whole things IMO. In the case the are the finals teams NBA either crowns a new king or Lebrons
                        media buddys start calling him the GOAT. Either way media will run with which ever narrative and shape the talk of next season.
                        4. Both for entertainment, possibility of winnig and shoving it down the throats of mainstream us media. Nuggets
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                        Comment


                        • S.R. wrote: View Post
                          A few playoff questions:

                          1. What's your floor that would still feel like the Raptors had a good run this year?
                          2. Most likely Finals team outside of the top 4 seeds?
                          3. Who wins Finals MVP?
                          4. Dream Finals matchup, Raptors vs.....?
                          1. Conference finals.
                          2. Houston.
                          3. Giannis.
                          4. Lakers.

                          Comment


                          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Lots of good content starting to come out now that people are in the bubble.
                            Serge showing off his room,T-ross getting a look at what it looks like in common area
                            J.J Reddick having a pod talking about it, says he's really impressed with the protocol. Says the food being bad is overrated it just looks bad presentation as everything is delivered in a sanitized containers on cafeteria trays. Also the team nutritionist picks the menu for each team so they only have their own team to blame really if they dont like the menu.
                            First 48 hours are more strict quarantine and things start to open up for the players alos after the first 14 days (can go to other hotels, resturants etc.)
                            It starting to sink in how funny it is that the best basketball players in the world are all going to be mixing and mingling like its summer camp.

                            Open gym had footage so it looks like the 2 guys who make that are apart of the raptors crew they bought. We going to get some great episodes of O.G
                            All the multi millionaires sacrificing by having to live in a 4 star hotel in FL makes my heart ache. They know what they signed up for; a chance to compete again and ensure their own salary caps.

                            Suck it up boys. If your personal chef is having a bad day and forgot to pack the good silver alongside the Grey Poupon, you'll survive.
                            I had to laugh at some talking head on the radio today trying to defend the b*itchng about the food or rooms or whatever as Joe lunch pail may not understand it but these guys are used to a certain level of luxury.....didn't most of these guys come out of the projects not many years ago? How soon we forget.

                            Comment


                            • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                              All the multi millionaires sacrificing by having to live in a 4 star hotel in FL makes my heart ache. They know what they signed up for; a chance to compete again and ensure their own salary caps.

                              Suck it up boys. If your personal chef is having a bad day and forgot to pack the good silver alongside the Grey Poupon, you'll survive.
                              I had to laugh at some talking head on the radio today trying to defend the b*itchng about the food or rooms or whatever as Joe lunch pail may not understand it but these guys are used to a certain level of luxury.....didn't most of these guys come out of the projects not many years ago? How soon we forget.
                              I think alot of the talk from guys who don't know if they want to be there come from teams that dont have a chance. I haven't heard much from guys outside the top 4 in each conference talk about the situation.
                              The brooklyn nets players have done alot of bitching and i think it cause they know they are getting swept. At least they know they only have to do this for 3-4 weeks before being promptly sent home.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                              Comment


                              • Enes Kanter was complaining about his room. For reference, his dad just got released from a Turkish prison. I think what this tells us is you lose the perspective after awhile of being rich.
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X