Hassan Whiteside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Reggie Jackson, Jimmy Butler and Chandler Parsons in 2011. Instead they got Kenneth Faried. No biggie. And signed Javale McGee to that ridiculous contract
    Parsons was missed by everyone. Butler might not develop in Denver, Thibs played him 40 mpg with a fg% under .400 unlikely Denver would have, he has had 1 great year, one terrible and a good soph year. Jackson, Parson or Faried isn't exactly screwing up.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I'm not the biggest Faried fan, but bench big? Seriously? He's been a decent quality starter, even as an energy big, since he came into the league. You're making him sound like Ed Davis.

And you're also fogetting Evan Fournier, who's turning into a pretty decent SG and still has upside.

I'm not saying Masai is a drafting wizard or anything, but his drafting has been ok considering he hasn't had a high first round pick.
      Meh I don't like Kenneth Faried. Way too undersized and I like guys who were drafted after him. I just think we're not tanking any time soon and we need to get these late picks right. (ala Spurs) Otherwise it's gonna be really hard to build a championship roster.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Reggie Jackson, Jimmy Butler and Chandler Parsons in 2011. Instead they got Kenneth Faried. No biggie. And signed Javale McGee to that ridiculous contract
        Well, Butler went 30th, and Parsons 38th...Not like they were highly touted prospects at all. Jackson....that sounds good and fine, but they already had Ty Lawson, so I wouldn't be surprised if PGs were just generally a low draft priority.

I'll give you the McGee deal though...that's very obviously the worst move he's ever made as an exec.

Comment

Meh I don't like Kenneth Faried. Way too undersized and I like guys who were drafted after him. I just think we're not tanking any time soon and we need to get these late picks right. (ala Spurs) Otherwise it's gonna be really hard to build a championship roster.
          Spurs got some late picks right by trading them. The players they drafted weren't that great some year, some terrible. They develop well.

Comment

Whiteside so far today. 5 blocks in just 7 minutes of playing time.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Miami and SAS ended up with Cole and Cory Joseph in that draft over Buter. I guess Riley and Buford are terrible.
              Cory Joseph actually looks solid as well. You should see his shot chart. Efficient as hell. Spurs are developing him right way. And now they got Kyle Anderson?! watch out.

LOL yeah Miami drafted Cole and last year they drafted Napier. I don't know what are they thinking.

Comment

What? Like the Spurs? You want to take a look at their draft history and reconsider your stance? They've done a generally poor-to-average job drafting in the late 1st...

Last year: Kyle Anderson...jury's still out on Slo-mo, but could fit in their system long term
                2013: Livio Jean-Charles....jury's still out, stashed in Europe
                2012: No 1st rounder
                2011: Cory Joseph, a backup/3rd string PG for them
                2010: James Anderson....no comment
                2009: No 1st rounder
                2008: George Hill
                2007: Tiago Splitter

Anyway, between 2010 and now, between all their 1st and 2nd rounders, Joseph is the only one on the roster. They've gotten some role players with their 1st rounders, and some decent 2nd rounders (pre-2010) like Blair, De Colo, Dragic (who never played for them as they traded his rights for Malik Hairston). *Splitter is an average starting C, and Hill was a mediocre PG they managed to turn into Kawhi.

Drafting is a crapshoot, and getting any useful player in the late 1st or 2nd round is doing a pretty good job.

**The last truly high-impact player they drafted in the late-1st and kept was Parker, back in 2001.

**Let me also specify that I think they've actually done a good job, but if the goal is getting assets like guys who can be legit, impactful starters...then yeah, poor-to-average...but what team really does better? Again, it's just a crapshoot.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Jan 25, 2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Whitside has 6 points, 6 boards, and 7 blocks in just under 13 minutes... Oh and he has an injured ankle.

Comment

Well, Butler went 30th, and Parsons 38th...Not like they were highly touted prospects at all. Jackson....that sounds good and fine, but they already had Ty Lawson, so I wouldn't be surprised if PGs were just generally a low draft priority.

I'll give you the McGee deal though...that's very obviously the worst move he's ever made as an exec.
                    Not defending McGee or MU but injuries happen and 12M for a mobile 7ft C isn't crazy. Gortat cost the Wizards a first and stuff and then got 5/60 and he's 30.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Not defending McGee or MU but injuries happen and 12M for a mobile 7ft C isn't crazy. Gortat cost the Wizards a first and stuff and then got 5/60 and he's 30.
                      I agree with the cost of a mobile 7fter angle....

But JaVale has always had that "shaqtin a fool" quality on the floor where he seems to lack IQ and focus. I wonder if any other teams would've offered him that.

Comment

Let's get this guy. Right now.

Comment

Whiteside is a monster!

13pts 10reb 8blks in 20min so far...........
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Straight beasting it right now, could potentially get a trip dub

Comment

Comment

I agree with the cost of a mobile 7fter angle....

But JaVale has always had that "shaqtin a fool" quality on the floor where he seems to lack IQ and focus. I wonder if any other teams would've offered him that.
                                Probably Celtics, Cavs, Hawks possibly Mavs, GSW or Portland. Lots of team have been pretty desperate for a C for a long time. Freakish athlete off a good playoff less of a head case then Sanders.

Comment

Working...
                                X