Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Switch how? JJ is basically a PF, he can also use his strength in the post against a 4. Example being how he handled Blake Griffin. I really think the two of them together on the court, in conjunction with Lowry / DD / JV, will be a really tough cover for opposing defenders
    We all want that lineup, so Casey will never let us see it.

End of story.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      We all want that lineup, so Casey will never let us see it.

End of story.
      That lineup has been used in 3 different games this season.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        That lineup has been used in 3 different games this season.
        But never starting.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
          But never starting.
          They (KL-DD-JJ-PP-JV) have appeared in only two games, for a total of 11 minutes, 10 of which came in one game where Amir had foul trouble.

They have the best net rating of any 5-man lineup on the team that has received more than 10 minutes together. And they did it mostly against the Spurs.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            They (KL-DD-JJ-PP-JV) have appeared in only two games, for a total of 11 minutes, 10 of which came in one game where Amir had foul trouble.

They have the best net rating of any 5-man lineup on the team that has received more than 10 minutes together. And they did it mostly against the Spurs.
            Doesn't make much difference, but bbref (which I guess isn't the site you're using) has them as 3 games, 11.4 minutes, and second best net rating to 13 minutes of KL/PP/JV//GV/LW.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Doesn't make much difference, but bbref (which I guess isn't the site you're using) has them as 3 games, 11.4 minutes, and second best net rating to 13 minutes of KL/PP/JV//GV/LW.
              Ever since NBA.com started posting stats, I've used them, as they don't have to use second party data - they have all the direct data from the box scores and don't have to use a program to troll and data dump.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oh, and Bball-ref has lots of little tweaks like that - they list that lineup as having played in an ORL game, but having logged 0.0 minutes - they never saw the court together, but due to a series of subs, they were on the scoresheet together for a split second (subs are done sequentially, even if they happen in the same play stoppage). One of the reasons why I trust NBA.com more.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Oh, and Bball-ref has lots of little tweaks like that - they list that lineup as having played in an ORL game, but having logged 0.0 minutes - they never saw the court together, but due to a series of subs, they were on the scoresheet together for a split second (subs are done sequentially, even if they happen in the same play stoppage). One of the reasons why I trust NBA.com more.
                  Thanks, I guess.

After I finally figured out how to use the bbref lineup finder.

Oh well, back to the drawing board - gives me something to do for the next 8 days.

Comment

• Young girl interviews James Johnson on latest Open Gym series. Real honest. Real special. (in case it doesn't embed properly, it starts at 9:09)

Comment

• James say what?

"Casey is the best coach in the NBA"

LOL WTF JJ??
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

James say what?

LOL WTF JJ??
                        He's not trying to get benched again.

Comment

• I applaud James Johnson for accepting his role. It's hard when you believe you can do more. James Johnson is a really talent player. I applaud him for humbling himself.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I applaud James Johnson for accepting his role. It's hard when you believe you can do more. James Johnson is a really talent player. I applaud him for humbling himself.
                            He's become a mature player, which is what you need to be to last in the league. Unless you're a superstar.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              He's become a mature player, which is what you need to be to last in the league. Unless you're a superstar.
                              Yup he's found his niche now in the NBA, be a lock down defender and get the hustle points

No more going awol and trying to play like LeBron James
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

James say what?

LOL WTF JJ??
                                The way he said it though lol how he says Ummm right after making that statement and the way he looked into the camera haha hilarious
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X