Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

The latest buzz is hoping for MLK day start which is Jan 18.
    That said, all depends on the virus. They want to have fans in stands and would prob push back start date for that.
    Thank you! I don't know if this virus is ever going to completely go away so they may have to rethink that. But I get it. The fans were sorely missed
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      So our good friends and Raptor fan club at ESPN has put out their obligatory next year power rankings after Lebron won an asterisked championship.

1. Surprise its the Lakers ! The Raps were picked to miss the playoffs in the still urban myth weak East. The Lakers are picked to repeat. Hey they might .. but Lebron is older. Davis has won a championship and the supporting cast are all up for some type of contract extension. Its never dull when the full Lebron Flying Circus is in full regale.

2. Surprise its the Clippers . Yes those guys. The guys who lack of conditioning cost them a second round series win over the Nuggets. A group of guys who don't think they have to play that hard cuz they're just that good. Doc Rivers who asphysiated yet again in the post season is now having his mail delivered elsewhere.

3. No surprise here its the Bucks and Giannas is still a regular season god. However its likely ground hog day again as the cast around Giannas is the same, Giannas still has no Jimmy and the coach while a regular season stone cold killer is more like Winnie the Pooh in the playoffs.

4 No surprise here again that its the Nuggets. Four is pretty good but its still saying they don't make the WCF. Stunning in that Jamal Murray is a stone cold killer, Jokic is THE best 5 in the game and they have a coach that has the ear of the players. They should be higher.

5.Surprise The Mavs. Luca mainia is real and it should be. But look up north to the hinterlands of Milwaukee where they too have a transcendant player with no one around him. Porzingis is a walking advertisment for IR. Dorian Finney-Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr, Maxi Kleber and Jalen Brunson do not make teams quake in their boots. The Luca hype is warranted. Mavs hpe for 5 is not.

6.Surprise The Warriors. Yes after losing Curry and Thompson for the season the warriors are back. But Curry is a year older and Thompson is coming back from an ACL. But Durant is gone. Draymond Green is not the player he thinks he is and Andrew Wiggins is pretty weak sauce. In the playoffs? For sure. Out of the second round ? Maybe.

7.The Celtics. Theres more than a little friction in Chowder town. Jaylen Brown is a little unhappy with the selfishness of Marcus the bricklayer Smart. Smart is Kyle Lowry however he won't change and will remain a little selfish on his shots and he doesn't have the consistency though he killed the Raps in game 2. Gordon Hayward is on the last year of his deal and the circus drumbeat will start if he stays or goes or if he is important or not. Ambient noise.. but its irritating and has some marginal effect on the team. Kemba Walker has another year or two in him at the top of his game... but ... he has a bad pin and he will be 31. Jayson Tatum is the real thing and this fucker will haunt us for the next 8 to 10 years. The Chowders are lower than they should be.

8. SURPRISE . The Hinkies !!!. Yes those guys. The exact same poorly constructed team who can't win on the road and got drilled in round 1 of the playoffs magically elevates themselves to ECF contender based on .....the resume of a guy who blew his 3rd 3 games to 1 lead in the playoffs and was summarily run out of town. Doc Rivers. ESPN has outdone itself with this one. The Hinkies still have a clown in Embiid who refuses to get into shape. A narcassistic ball handler in Simmons who just can't shoot. Brand either won't or can't trade one of them. Until that happens the Hinkies are the Hinkies. Nuthin but East Coast Hype.

9 No Surprise. The Heat. Jimmy Butler walks the talk. The Heat and the Raps are the same in that their team ethos is defense. If you don't play defense you just don't play. Bam Adebyo got exposed by Davis (like thats a sin) as a smallish centre but they just pummled the shit out of Embiid and company and split with the Raps. They'll miss Dragic but Herro and Robinson can make shots when they have to. They're low on the rankings scale.

10. No surprise .. The Brooklyn Nets. I mean no one knows. Durant is 31 and is comming off an achillies. Boogie didn't fare so well but maybe Kevin will. Kyrie Irving is a locker room cancer but he can score. Just not all the time or consistently. He is as apt to put up 40 points as he is to put 16 on 24 shots.
      The preferred centre is an over the hill 33 year old DeAndre Jordan. This is on the strength of being a friend of Kyrie and Kevin. How well Dinwidde and Levert do when their touches and shots drop dramatically is something the new first time ever coach Steve Nash will have to work through. A bona fide floor stretcher in Joe Harris likely won't be back. It should be seamless. In that nothing is holding this together but Nash's reputation. If he loses control... Irving will piss off even the ticket takers.

The Raps come in at 11. Seems fair.
      I think they have the Heat low. That team is young, has legit roster flexibility for Riley to work with, and should be better next year for sure. I think they will be better next year, challenging for top couple spots in the East.

Boston's Brown/Tatum core is young and should also be even better next year. I think they should move Hayward and try to round out that roster a bit better. Too much overlap on the wing still.

Philly continues to be overrated and if anything is trending down. Dysfunction clearly emerging.

The Nets are a total crapshoot. A pile of talent but massive, massive locker room and health question marks. Personally I'd count on them 'underachieving' and being a middle seed.

I would put money on the Raptors being a top 5 team again next season and not outside the top 10. There are roster question marks (FA's) that put them there, but they still have developing young core talent and god-tier management. This team will be very good again.

I'm not banking on the Clippers sorting out any of their issues. They have some questionable personalities on the roster and questionable leadership. Not enough of that is going to change next season, which will have the added dynamic of two star players with one foot out the door. Good luck trying to rally the locker room around that.

I don't get the hype on the Lakers being even better. They'll be very much the same as this year but a couple teams will catch and probably pass them. They just don't have flexibility. A year with good health for a couple competitors and, most importantly, if we get a non-bubble season, I could see the Lakers not making the Finals next year.

The Warriors won't be peak Warriors anymore but they should be right there with the top 5 teams, which are all currently flawed. They're a contender.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This site is unusable now. I keep getting redirected to another website wtf. I think this is it for me. Time for me to ride off into the sunset. But before I go, I just want to say:

1. Tanking doesn't work. Thank god we didn't trade for Wiggins. ( cc mcHAPPY )
        2. Kawhi is the GROAT.
        3. We're not winning anything with Superstar Siakam, he's not that dude.
        4. Raps should retire Vince's number.
        5. Embiid >>>>>> Jokic (cc bertarapsfan )
        6. Wilder >>>> Joshua ( cc Joey )
        7. I'm ALWAYS right.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• T-Wolves are thinking about trading the #1 pick for a Win-Now player.

S&T FVV + FRP for JJ + Jarrett Culver + FRP

Pick LaMelo

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              This site is unusable now. I keep getting redirected to another website wtf. I think this is it for me. Time for me to ride off into the sunset. But before I go, I just want to say:

2. Kawhi is the GROAT.
              7. I'm ALWAYS right.

If true, end of an era. Pour one out for TRex
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

This site is unusable now. I keep getting redirected to another website wtf. I think this is it for me. Time for me to ride off into the sunset. But before I go, I just want to say:

2. Kawhi is the GROAT.
                7. I'm ALWAYS right.

Delon Wright > FVV

Comment

This site is unusable now. I keep getting redirected to another website wtf. I think this is it for me. Time for me to ride off into the sunset.

What screen name are you going to use next?

Comment

2. Kawhi is the GROAT.
                    7. I'm ALWAYS right.

I'm sure it's the website and not jokic entering his prime
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      T-Wolves are thinking about trading the #1 pick for a Win-Now player.

S&T FVV + FRP for JJ + Jarrett Culver + FRP

Pick LaMelo
                      If an FVV is all they can get (and he may well be) I doubt they move the pick. They want a star. Probably won't get one. But that's what they want.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So new jerseys were announced
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          So new jerseys were announced
                          Absolutely love the black ones.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            So new jerseys were announced
                            Like the red, love the black, the white is meh
                            I think all three look better with the black shorts though. The weird stripe on the shorts looks like an after thought

Overall, just tired of the constant uniform releases ....

Comment

• Those black jerseys are really pretty. If you zoom in you can see that they have subtle classic pinstripes all over, as well as a bold red one down the side.

Here's the image the team released of the jerseys so far (Norm in an OVO jersey and TDII in a purple of some kind are not shown yet):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkXcM1XX...jpg&name=large
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Absolutely love the black ones.
                                Black ones are nice! Love how they used pinstripes
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X