Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

    I think OKC’s gonna be less fun to cheer for with trades like that, shipping off what had been a highly useful player for them. Unless you mean it’ll be fun to cheer for a team almost entirely built of rookies... which... yeah.
    word. is it fun to watch them tear this down to the skids? they should see what they can get for SGA while they're at it.

    i thought they were in the most enviable position in the league, fielding a competitive team with an absolute shit-ton of assets from the PG and westbrook trades to add talent around that team and field a winner for at least a decade.

    seems they'd rather go full hinkie. which i'm not unilaterally against, it's a viable strategy for completely hopeless franchises. but they were the opposite of that.

    Comment


    • chris wrote: View Post

      word. is it fun to watch them tear this down to the skids? they should see what they can get for SGA while they're at it.

      i thought they were in the most enviable position in the league, fielding a competitive team with an absolute shit-ton of assets from the PG and westbrook trades to add talent around that team and field a winner for at least a decade.

      seems they'd rather go full hinkie. which i'm not unilaterally against, it's a viable strategy for completely hopeless franchises. but they were the opposite of that.
      I imagine they looked around the conference and realized everyone is trying to make the playoffs, meaning its really easy to tank.

      Comment


      • OKC probably looks at the next two drafts as opportunities to get a couple of future stars to pair with Shai and they want to give themselves the best chances of doing so. I did really love their team last year but I guess if championships are the goal they weren't good enough. Still, they could have saved their picks and pieces to trade for a superstar should one come available.

        Comment


        • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

          I imagine they looked around the conference and realized everyone is trying to make the playoffs, meaning its really easy to tank.
          it's always easy to suck, but given the lottery reform i don't think being the biggest loser is as beneficial as it used to be. what are they even tanking for though? look at this collection of picks between now and 2026. not sure they need any more, though i understand the strategy is to buy as many lotto tickets as possible.

          most are from houston and LAC but i'm not convinced those will all be late first rounders given the recent turmoil within both teams.

          Comment


          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

            Maybe OKC will flip danny. Dallas really wanted him last year
            ALL good YES KAwhi will take DOWN those LA LAKER FOOLS b4 ofc (#KAWHI2021)

            AND

            DANNY WILL BE TRADED TO THE LA CLIPS BCZ KAWHI THINKS THAT HE CAN ONLY WIN W DANNY (FALSELY BUT HE SUDDENLY DOES AND DG ENDS UP W 4)

            THEN DANNY SIGNS FOR VET MINIMUM, KAWHI SIGNS FOR MAX AND GUESS WHAT IT IS???

            #DG2021
            #KAWHI2021
            #BACKTOBACKTOBACKTOBACKTOBACK
            #TT2020
            #KAWHI202111111

            Comment


            • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

              That seems like a bargain for Shroder. No one else wants to match that? Dennis was almost 6th man last year and still has some mileage in his legs. You think someone could come if with a better offer then that.
              It's amazing how easy things often turnout for LA. Free agents flock there, and when they want to move on from players, not only do they do it swiftly but also get a nice return. Danny will forever have a special place in raptorland from being in the championship squad, but let's let's be real, 27yr old Schroeder (who can handle the ball, run the offence and shoot) for 33 yr old Danny who's getting pretty heavy on the foot, is a big upgrade.

              We have lots of great assets on our team. Hopefully this LA trade serves as some indication that there are good, gettable players out there you can bring in without giving up the farm this year. I know sign & trades are hard to pull off but one involving FVV is what they should be angling for right now. If they can pull that off for Oladipo that's a risky/ballsy move that could yield a lot of reward. It would balance our backcourt now with more length, physicalty, and a guy who can create his own shot. Then if it doesn't work you let him walk at the end of next season and have an easier time keeping space for a new free agent

              Boston had a massive upgrade at PG with a sign and trade (Kemba for Rozier); LA now got a very nice PG (for what they gave up), and looks like some team out there will also get at least another great year out of Chris Paul. We don't want to be cavalier with our assets but on the other hand, when you're not a know FA destination and your picks are low, you might have to be aggressive on trades if the opportunity is out there. (Masai knows it though, last time he pulled a big/risky trade it ended up on championship)
              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

              Comment


              • Nicholas Batum will be exercising his $27M option next year. My GAWD did we ever dodge that bullet for everyone that wanted him here instead of DeMar.

                Comment


                • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

                  I think OKC’s gonna be less fun to cheer for with trades like that, shipping off what had been a highly useful player for them. Unless you mean it’ll be fun to cheer for a team almost entirely built of rookies... which... yeah.

                  This is a huge win for LA imo... Danny Green was a negative asset. They were desperate to unload him, the fans wanted him gone. So to trade his expiring (and a late pick) for a very useful expiring, in a position of need...

                  To me this makes the Lakeshow’s trash heap of a supporting cast begin to look less trash-heapy.
                  "Fun" in terms of having a bunch of Canadians and now an ex Raptor NBA Champion. Not in a good at basketball sense.

                  Comment


                  • jclaw wrote: View Post

                    "fun" in terms of having a bunch of canadians and now an ex raptor nba champion. Not in a good at basketball sense.
                    #CANADASOUTh
                    #KAWHI2021
                    #CANADIANKAWHI
                    #CANADIANTHUNDER
                    #KAWHIIIIIII202111111

                    Comment


                    • Sounds like the Lakers want Wesley Matthews. This would hurt Milwaukee’s depth a bit too. Gotta like moves that make Milwaukee a bit worse.

                      Comment


                      • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        Sounds like the Lakers want Wesley Matthews. This would hurt Milwaukee’s depth a bit too. Gotta like moves that make Milwaukee a bit worse.
                        GOT TO GOT GOT GOT TO

                        WHY?

                        BCZ if we hav #GIANNIS2021 what does that make even more likely??

                        #MASAI2021

                        I MEAN ALSO THO

                        #BOBBYWEBSTER2021

                        AND MAYBE EVEN

                        #KAWHI2021

                        BUT DON't FORGET #DD2021

                        AND THE PRESENT:

                        #TT2020
                        #AD2020
                        #YOLO

                        #GREGPOPASASSISTANT2021
                        #KAWHIIIIII2021111111

                        Comment


                        • Nice to have to stuff to start talking about again. That might be the second best off season ever...third if we count the getting Kawhi one. As many wise people have said.......Let's Goooooooooooo!!!

                          Comment


                          • Report: Nets rising to top of Harden's list of possible trade destinations

                            Harden back with Durant? Teaming up with Kyrie? Another superstar laden team, this time in the East?
                            No guarantees with those egos/personalities/health, but that would likely end the Bucks run as ALE champs.

                            Houston goes from Harden/Westbrook to total rebuild.

                            Comment


                            • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Report: Nets rising to top of Harden's list of possible trade destinations

                              Harden back with Durant? Teaming up with Kyrie? Another superstar laden team, this time in the East?
                              No guarantees with those egos/personalities/health, but that would likely end the Bucks run as ALE champs.

                              Houston goes from Harden/Westbrook to total rebuild.
                              So would the Nets play with 2 or 3 balls with that ball dominant lineup ?
                              Harden a spot up shooter ?
                              Or Kyrie is the spot up shooter with Harden with the ball all the time ?
                              Does Durant easily accept the Chris Bosh role as unsung do the dirty work player for a cool 35 Mil a year ?

                              The NBA hype machine... already revving near 8,000 RPM.
                              Alumni of the greatest minor hockey team ever.... the 1964 Schumacher Bears.

                              Comment


                              • I saw that headline yesterday followed up by a Woj tweet saying that Houston still does not plan to move Harden. So it's probably nothing. But I could see why James would want to go to Brooklyn as his top choice. His man coach D'Antoni is an assistant there now.

                                If he did go.. it would make the year interesting. Would require a lot of big ego's to change their game. Steve Nash would have hell of a time trying to manage that locker room.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X