Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

I misspoke. Its actually 7 picks in 4 years for the Knicks.

They have 6 and 27 this year.
    They have theirs and Dallas in 2021
    They have theirs in 2022
    THey have theirs and Dallas in 2023

So Embiid to NY Knicks for

RJ Barrett. (a stiff in the eyes of the Knicks mgmt because well .. he wasn't Steff Curry in his first year)
    Maybe throw in the French kid.. .Nitalinka ...because.. well that would be so Knicks.

AND

NY's First in 2021
    NY's first in 2022
    Pick swap rights in 2023 for the better of Dallas/Knicks

Yes they are that desperate for relevance in NYC.
    They are the Leafs of the NBA.

Morey is a shark...He is Sam Hinkie with a personality.
    Oh I fully expect them to throw a boat load of picks and prospects at some team in the hopes of matching what Brooklyn has done because, as you would say it would be the Knicks thing to do. Just not at Philly. Harden has to be the target here. Trade for him this season then try and make a run at Giannis in free agency.

Comment

• That would be the best trade the Knicks have ever made.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I think Brett Brown is just too soft of a coach.
        76ers under him has no leadership and direction which irked Butler.
        I think, i mean i hope... that Doc can bring that.
        I believe Joel and Ben's mentality are still fixed on the Process mantra which makes them not care so much.
        How many summers have these 2 wasted.
        Embiid being terribly out of condition and Ben not improving on his jumpshot.
        Hiring Doc and Morey will probably change that 'process'/weak mentality and should energize both of them.
        I can see Morey adding the right pieces, ie shooters and floor spacers to complement the game of Ben and Joel.
        But there's no way he's going back to small ball.
        100% on that take as well.

You got faith that Simmons and Embiid will come around under a new voice and a new scheme.
        I don't.

Don't ya just love sports.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Morey wasnt brought in to rebuild and start the process all over again. I reckon his mandate is to customize a team with pieces to compliment potential superstar Embiid, just as be did in Houston where he made a contender around superstar harden. Obviously they dont play the same way, but that's where morey comes in.

I could see a deal involving Simmons to okc and cp3 to philly ...Cp3 was moreys guy and he never wanted Westbrook..

Last summer’s trade that sent Chris Paul to the Thunder for Russell Westbrook was driven by the dismay Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta had over Paul’s contract, ESPN’s Tim MacMahon said on the latest edition of The Lowe Post podcast.

Reflecting on Daryl Morey’s tenure in Houston, MacMahon said Fertitta and James Harden were more insistent on the deal than the team’s former general manager. Harden had clashed with Paul during their final season as teammates, and Fertitta believed Paul’s contract “was the worst that he’d ever seen in business or sports,” according to MacMahon.

MacMahon emphasizes that Morey didn’t openly object to making the trade, but was compelled to act because of the wishes of his “two bosses,” Fertitta and Harden.
          https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/10/...ever-seen.html
          Last edited by KeonClark; Fri Oct 30, 2020, 02:52 PM.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            So the league wants to start the season on Dec 22 and have a 72 game schedule + playoffs

The players want to start the season on MLK (Jan 18). The league came back and said they can have that, but the number of games will drop to 50 + playoffs, which also means less $$$.

I suspect the season to start in December. A lot of the teams haven't played since before the lock down. But I also see guys like Lebron, Davis and Butler taking the first month off.
            Yeah I can see that happening. The 8 teams that didn't make the bubble and the ones that were out early are probably eager/ready to play. The ones that went far will likely just ease-in their heavy-minute guys, but ultimately they probably want stay closer to the normal number of games (70) than cutting it down further to 50.

The season will already take a big hit financially without fans on the stadium, if on top of that they cut more games and lose TV deals the cap will take an even bigger hit (which would also affect the players).

All that points to the December start, but I bet the first month will have more of a summer league vibe to it, with no living fans on the stadium, lots of rust on the teams that haven't played since March, lots of players load managing, and potentially quite a few sitting out due to having had close contact with someone with covid (or being positive themselves) during their travels. That might even be cancelled games where a whole team might have to self-isolate.

It will be bumpy - I think the league's goal here is just to put the closest semblance of their product on the floor (as best they can), wrap it up before the Olympics, and hope that they can have the arenas full again in the 2021-2022 season.

Comment

• Theoretically money talks and the NBA is compromised of salary tiers. The big money guys in Tier 1 and then the rest of the PA. The guys in the top tier will take their $$$ hits but will not see the much bigger hurt for the mid tier and bottom tier players. Its those guys who are likely to vote for the 72 game bubble season. NBA PA has to really explain how this works to its members.. There is a deal to be had here but the salary cap is about to fall somewhat. Lots of money to be held in escrow to "share" the risk.

The Draft is now just 3 weeks away and sounds like free agency "player to player" discussionsare happening with the agents as I post this.
              The NBA hype machine should be kicking into gear in a big way if the season is to begin on Dec 22.
              The teams will go right from the draft on the 18th of November, to official free agency, to training camps, to the season in 35 days.
              The NBA offseason is almost as entertaining as their on court season.

Any Bold Predictions ?

Heres mine. Darry Morey trades Joel Embiid to the Knicks.
              The Knicks do it because they have to compete with the Nets at least a little and its just so Knicks to make this move.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• My prediction? The East is going to be more competitive than it has been in years and the Raps are in tough if they basically stand pat ie just sign back FVV etc. Need some of the young guys to really take a few steps forward this season and one of the candidates to do that is in big shat right now

Comment

• Sean Connery dead at 90
                  RIP 007

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    My prediction? The East is going to be more competitive than it has been in years and the Raps are in tough if they basically stand pat ie just sign back FVV etc. Need some of the young guys to really take a few steps forward this season and one of the candidates to do that is in big shat right now
                    Haven't you posted this exact same comment like 4 years in a row?

Comment

• g__deane wrote: View Post
                      sean connery dead at 90
                      rip 007
                      rip
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Haven't you posted this exact same comment like 4 years in a row?
                        Nope. Miami and Boston were going to be non factors in prior years and the Sixers were likely gonna be the Sixers.
                        Do you see the Raptors being top 2 in the East this year or just want to cr*p on people?

Comment

Nope. Miami and Boston were going to be non factors in prior years and the Sixers were likely gonna be the Sixers.
                          Do you see the Raptors being top 2 in the East this year or just want to cr*p on people?
                          I won’t speak for the guy but the raps won the NBA championship 1 year ago, had the 2nd best record in the NBA this season and have max cap space next year. That’s good man!

Comment

Yup.

Comment

• If not Toronto, then the Newark Raptors looks like the front-runner. Makes a ton of sense, actually....

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...zqq-story.html

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

rip
                                Condolences, Mr Bond.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X