No announcement yet.

Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMA out of town and Poeltl puts up 20&9 in 31 min with the start. Very nice. Sure could use a Poeltl on this team.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      LMA out of town and Poeltl puts up 20&9 in 31 min with the start. Very nice. Sure could use a Poeltl on this team.
      Jak been balling since Aldridge stopped playing. He is going to be a real solid starting C for the next 10 years. Not going to be an all star or anything but probably have a JV type career but with a more defensive/rebounding type of play
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Aldridge joins the 2021 Champs.

Game over.

Comment

• I don't understand how we are now at the point that it's fully ok to sit a healthy player for no reason. Horford is sitting the rest of the season with no injury, getting paid millions of dollars. I thought the idea was the fans were paying to see the stars, not a D-league game? What if every team did this?

Hey, lets just sit Siakam, Freddy, and Kyle for the rest of the season to develop our young tallent......
          Super lame.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
            I don't understand how we are now at the point that it's fully ok to sit a healthy player for no reason. Horford is sitting the rest of the season with no injury, getting paid millions of dollars. I thought the idea was the fans were paying to see the stars, not a D-league game? What if every team did this?

Hey, lets just sit Siakam, Freddy, and Kyle for the rest of the season to develop our young tallent......
            Super lame.
            To be fair, though, when was the last time Horford was actually a star? I mean, who goes out to a basketball game to see Horford in particular?

Comment

I don't understand how we are now at the point that it's fully ok to sit a healthy player for no reason. Horford is sitting the rest of the season with no injury, getting paid millions of dollars. I thought the idea was the fans were paying to see the stars, not a D-league game? What if every team did this?

Super lame.
              I agree man, between that and the buyout market, its a joke.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

To be fair, though, when was the last time Horford was actually a star? I mean, who goes out to a basketball game to see Horford in particular?
                So, should we, as Raptors fans, be up in arms that a 3-time NBA champion has had their behind stapled to the end of the bench for the entirety of the season, since returning from injury?

Comment

• How is Brooklyn able to sign all these guys? Are they signing for lunch money? If the league could stop CP3 to LA, can't they stop BKN from tipping the scales this much?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    How is Brooklyn able to sign all these guys? Are they signing for lunch money? If the league could stop CP3 to LA, can't they stop BKN from tipping the scales this much?
                    they are signing for the league minimum, and there is no limit to that. The cp3 situation was a little bit different where the hornets were owned by the league (dont ask me how that is even allowed) and the owners did not want a super team to be formed...

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      How is Brooklyn able to sign all these guys? Are they signing for lunch money? If the league could stop CP3 to LA, can't they stop BKN from tipping the scales this much?
                      The Spurs and Pistons are paying their salaries. So all Brooklyn is paying is the minimum.. as long as you have an available roster spot you can get them. It's how we got Jeremy Lin in 2019.

CP3 had a full contract. And to be honest it's a black mark on David Stern's resume. He should not have stopped that transaction. But he only did because the NBA owned the New Orleans team at the time. So the commish had veto power on any transaction.

Ultimately I'm not sure New Orleans got better or worse from the trade that did happen.

The original trade was:

LAL: Paul
                      NO: Odom, Martin (via Houston), Scola (via Houston), Dragic (via Houston)
                      Houston: Pau Gasol

The trade that did happen:

LAC: Paul
                      NO: Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, 2012 pick (became Austin Rivers)

I wonder if Harden would have been a Rocket though if the first trade ever happened. Martin was the big contract going back to OKC in that trade.

Both packages are meh in hindsight.. I guess the pick was pretty valuable at the time (it was the 10th pick in the draft). Gordon seemed to have all-star talent at the time too.

But going back to your point.. yeah a lot of people get ticked off over the buyout market. The NBA could add a rule in the next CBA to make it harder for buyouts to land in great environments (maybe make a rule that they are not playoff eligible), but at the end of the day the players association like it, and they have equal say in negotiations. These guys can go anywhere they want for whatever price they want. I mean we could sign Michael Jordan and Larry Bird to contracts too right now. I don't think they'll suite up and play though.. and even if they did they won't be that good.

Comment

• Well I never thought I'd see a team better than the Durrant GSW in my lifetime, but here we are. It's pretty laughable at this point. We may see the first playoff and finals sweep ever.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

He's actually thier second leading scorer at 14pts per game, and 7 rebounds per game. So if I were an okc fan it would be kind of like saying, ok, let's sit og for the rest of the year. That's not cool at all.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

So, should we, as Raptors fans, be up in arms that a 3-time NBA champion has had their behind stapled to the end of the bench for the entirety of the season, since returning from injury?
                            I'm assuming your talking about one of our bench role players, Mr Mcaw. A coaches decision for strategic reasons is completely different than just benching your second or third best player for the entire rest of the season. So I'm not sure where you going with this.

Comment

He's actually thier second leading scorer at 14pts per game, and 7 rebounds per game. So if I were an okc fan it would be kind of like saying, ok, let's sit og for the rest of the year. That's not cool at all.
                              OKC's excuse to shut down Horford is to free up minutes to develop the young guys. Moses Brown, 7'2" undrafted 21-yr old center out of UCLA, immediately puts up a monster 20-20 night, and they lose a close, competitive game to the Celtics.

Presti knows how to tank. #TrustTheProcessPart2

BTW, how TF do the Raptors not sign this guy? Bobby, are you awake?

Comment

• Nice game, but this is still a problem, I don't understand why the NBA is suddenly ok with it when they were fining teams for sitting a guy one night let alone the whole season a couple of years ago. The TV deals rely on the stars playing, they can't have half the league bail out.

Comment

Working...
                                X