Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #3 Toronto Bay Raptors @ Philadelphia 76ers. 7:00 PM Tampa Bay, Florida. 6:00 PM Pensacola, Florida. SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Hope about going the other way?

Fred + Powell for DeRozan at the trade deadline?
    So we'd see what Flynn has and Lowry might be happy, then we'd end up over paying him in FA and be back to (and still) making the post season and bowing out in the 1st/2nd round. I actually don't think the franchise has ANY good viable options if the goal is Finals vs playoffs

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Another good trade destination for Bargnani is Atlanta. Bargnani to ATL for Reddish(he's gonna be a stud) + 1st round pick + expiring contract.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

And then just send Gay home to sit.
    Murray 6-4 180, decent player but another who's too skinny?
    I don't think we're getting a stud back for Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Hope about going the other way?

Fred + Powell for DeRozan at the trade deadline?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Lowry to Spurs for Murray + Rudy Gay and first round pick.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

No thanks. Trade makes us a bottom dweller for as long as Wiggins is on the team and GS a playoff team immediately so the pick isnt even good.

Powell needed to be traded two months ago.
    You think they're gonna be a playoff team if they add Bargnani? they're horrible. They should be 1-3 instead of 2-2. They lucked out a win against Chicago the other night. Their other win was against the worst team in the league(Pistons).

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

No thanks. Trade makes us a bottom dweller for as long as Wiggins is on the team and GS a playoff team immediately so the pick isnt even good.
    Exactly. You trade for a shit contract in Wiggins, improve Warriors and don't get good pick back. GS is not gonna tank with Curry + Siakam + Wiseman + Green

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

The most obvious one is Powell. They gotta move him whether they're winning or losing. Second is Bargnani because he still has a lot of value. He's still fairly young and people still remember his G1 performance against the Warriors in the Finals and his Linsanity moment the 1st half of the season last year.

Bargnani to the Warriors for Wiggins + 2021 1st round pick.

Powell needed to be traded two months ago.
    Last edited by DogeLover1234; Wed Dec 30, 2020, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

No the obvious person to trade first is Lowry. He will leave in offseason. Trade him now and rev up the tank. Salvaging this "championship" team is not gonna happen and we're going to repeat 2004 Pistons mistake. Gotta know when to pull the plug
    The most obvious one is Powell. They gotta move him whether they're winning or losing. Second is Bargnani because he still has a lot of value. He's still fairly young and people still remember his G1 performance against the Warriors in the Finals and his Linsanity moment the 1st half of the season last year.

Bargnani to the Warriors for Wiggins + 2021 1st round pick.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Next 7 are: Knicks, Pelicans, Celtics, Suns, Kings, Warriors, Blazers.
    Goal should be to go 5-2 and be .500 after 10 games.
    Knicks and Warriors should be penciled as win. Take 2/3 from suns,kings and pels. Then split blazers celtics.
    Still a tough road back to .500 but if we can be there after 10 we will be alright

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    What a rough game. Surprised we were in it with some of those lineups. Defense was meh and offense was yeesh. The timing wasnt there for guards with bigs roling, bigs were rarely ready for the ball and oftentimes the guys spacing either stood still or cut into the olay creating too much traffic and turnovers. To give Philly some credit they played physical defense disrupting the sets that worked the other night and allowed nothing around the rim - granted our finishing made that easy.

Baynes was awful. No feel for his teammates, plays slow and drops waaay waaaay waaaaaay back in the PnR - often not in position to contest a shot or box out. Maybe its just a matter of time, but I saw more from Len last night, and neither are good options.

Nurse got too excited by Stanleys eye popping plays to realize he was not the answer. Needed Thomas imo - those one guard units were miserable in the half court with bad spacing and movement. Lowry is so smart and good in early offense that those lineups could skate by. Norm’s timing and confidence is all off - still surprised we didnt trade him coming off his career year.

All is not lost, Im not ready to talk trading Lowry until after at least 10-15 games, but we’ve got to turn this ship around sometime. It starts with Pascal getting out of whatever funk hes in, Norm coming back to life and our bigs figuring out how not to tank a team. A matchup against the Knicks is just what we need.

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Raptors reporters are finally calling out Siakam. What took so long? he was embarassing to watch in the bubble, he's been atrocious the first 3 games of this new season. Back when they were in the bubble people kept using the "he didn't touch a basketball for 4 months" excuse. Well it's CLEARLY not about that. It's a lame excuse anyway. I haven't played basketball in years and i'm sure I can still shoot and do things that I used to do. Are you telling me a high caliber NBA player would all of a sudden forget how to shoot and post up and dribble etc because he didn't touch a basketball for 4 months? lol.

My theory? Siakam's first 20 games of the season last year where he looked all world was nothing but a hot streak. It was a fluke. It was his Linsanity moment.

Siakam is an energy guy. He's at his best when he plays with a lot of energy, when he runs all over the floor like he did the first 3 years of his career. Now he's just content to shoot 3's and mid range like......Bargnani. And like AB, Siakam is a pretty SOFT finisher. He never gets any call because he avoids contact and he's ALWAYS off balance. If he's going to play like this then I'd rather have Bargnani because at least Bargnani can shoot.
    Three things:

1. Kawhi created a lot of space for Pascal to be that 2nd / 3rd guy on offence. Teams game planned for Kawhi as our primary forward scoring threat.

2. Maybe Siakam had a little beginners luck and some confidence being the main guy to start last year but more likely teams scouted him well and after a decent sample of games honed in on him being the primary forward scoring threat, and made life more difficult for him, made him do things he doesn’t like to do and isn’t particularly good at.

3. Siakam may never be able to be the primary scorer on a team. He might work best being Robin to (another) Batman. But I’d be in to seeing a development year for him in any case where he tries to work through the double teams and dealing with what teams are throwing at him without forcing his offence so much. If we trade Lowry the win now pressure is set aside and perhaps Siakam has more room to develop his game with less win-now pressure.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied

We need to look into franchises that are on cusp of contention and who would love pg like Lowry and see if they have young guys who don't fit their timeline.
    The only contender needing an elite point guard enough to be willing to part with assets is the Clippers. But they have no assets. And also, Clippers, so F them.

The only other team I can think of is Philly.

Philly has Simmons running point, who's not a natural point guard, and could also be gone in a Harden trade. If Philly got Harden for Simmons and were willing to cough up further current prospects/picks for Lowry, that would be a win for us. Philly's future would be gutted, but they would also instantly be the best team in the East for at least 2 years if they ended up with a trio Lowry-Harden-Embiid.

We should be looking for a 3-team deal with Houston and Philly, where we end up absorbing some unwanted salary (may as well make use of that cap space we sacrificed to get) plus some combo of prospect/picks.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Again, he isn't a superstar like Kawhi on offense, and that isn't what brought him to the max contract table. Think back to the summer before he blew up and all those Rico Hines videos. He needs to be running and creating havoc on offense, not given the ball at the 3 pt line in an iso. His defense has been great despite the other issues though fouling out and walking off the court yesterday would suggest the pressure to perform is getting to him.
    In short, Giannis lite who can easily be defended and is virtually useless in the playoffs

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
    I know everyone is concerned, but let's remember the 20-game threshold exists for a reason. I'm not saying there aren't issues with the team, but as it stands, the Orlando Magic have the best record in the NBA and are currently undefeated. I doubt anyone picks them to win the chip.

We have been competitive in every game, and it sucks we don't have a win, but we haven't been on the receiving end of a big blow out loss a la the Heat or the Clips, so let's take a deep breath.
    What we want to avoid is being a perennial middling team.
    We have to get a lottery pick coz we're not a FA destination.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X