Everything Yuta Watanabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    Bumping this again. I think Yuta can be a rotation player on a good Raptors team in 2021/22. Can play either forward position and his energy is infectious. He is Only 26 so still improving.

Here he is putting in work this off season. Yuta Watanabe improves his shooting skills with family 👀 - YouTube
    In 2019-2020 he shot 37.5 from three. Last season he shot 40% on two attempts per game in 14.5 minutes. His FT % last season was 82%. Considering his hesitancy, or lack of confidence at the start of the year, these are pretty good numbers. I have no doubt he can be a big help opening up the floor. I think he was better with assists and pick setting at the end of the year.

Comment

Bumping this again. I think Yuta can be a rotation player on a good Raptors team in 2021/22. Can play either forward position and his energy is infectious. He is Only 26 so still improving.

Here he is putting in work this off season. Yuta Watanabe improves his shooting skills with family 👀 - YouTube
      The wholesomeness around this lad is heartwarming.
      Last edited by inthepaint; Sat Jun 26, 2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

In 2019-2020 he shot 37.5 from three. Last season he shot 40% on two attempts per game in 14.5 minutes. His FT % last season was 82%. Considering his hesitancy, or lack of confidence at the start of the year, these are pretty good numbers. I have no doubt he can be a big help opening up the floor. I think he was better with assists and pick setting at the end of the year.
        He definitely became more comfortable with the offense towards the end of the year. I think his potential on the defensive end is big as well. Great length and activity, it's nice to be able to have a wing player off the bench that is bigger than 6'5", he gives us a different look.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Nice. Stroke's looking good.

Mostly, I'd like to see him tighten up his handle, dribbling, ball skills, however ya wanna put it.

Love his energy but so much of the time on the offensive end he was going faster than his legs would carry him.

Needs to elevate his composure.

Would love to see Yuta excel. Hopefully the hard work pays off.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

he can only make 7 shots.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                he can only make 7 shots.
                That's the date - not shots made / attempted

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Comment

Comment

I really am still thinking he is in the the top 10 of the rotation next year. Seems to be finding his groove as a pro.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I really am still thinking he is in the the top 10 of the rotation next year. Seems to be finding his groove as a pro.
                        if he can get a little nasty on defence he would be a solid pro.

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Lol

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post

if he can get a little nasty on defence he would be a solid pro.
                            He blocks shots and uses his length for steals, you're right though, if he can bring a scrappiness to that end every night it would be huge.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

His foot speed/ability to stay infront of his man on D is amazing especially for a big

Comment

Yuta's defense is borderline elite. He doesn't need anymore 'nasty' there.

It's his shaky offense that needs work. First of all, he needs to bury those wide open 3's consistently, at a bare minimum, just to stay in the league. Next, he needs to get stronger and more polished with his finishing at or near the rim. He will carve out 5-10 more years in the league if he can do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X