No announcement yet.

Game 57 Toronto Raptors vs Orlando Magic - 7:30 PM EST Apr 16/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expect winning.... Yeah right nice PR culture Masai.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
      I think this is dumb, they rely on tv ratings but they won't play the stars? Maybe we should tune out for the rest of the season in protest.

I'm really too die hard to do this but many won't be......seems odd too to throw in the towel now when they really could make the playoffs. Who knows what happens then, they draw NJ who happens to have Durant and Irving out due to injury and make it further than expected......
      Look at how aldridge is suddenly out of the picture ...
      I think its a little bit dumb too, I didn't think I'd see the Masai era Raptors go into shameless tank mode, a game out of a playoff spot. But talking out of the other side of my mouth, I do hope they miss the playoffs.

Just a weird year.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
        I think this is dumb, they rely on tv ratings but they won't play the stars? Maybe we should tune out for the rest of the season in protest.

I'm really too die hard to do this but many won't be......seems odd too to throw in the towel now when they really could make the playoffs. Who knows what happens then, they draw NJ who happens to have Durant and Irving out due to injury and make it further than expected......
        Look at how aldridge is suddenly out of the picture ...
        Its probably a mix of a potential tank and letting the players who are dealing with COVID aftereffects have some rest. Also they are playing in Tampa which I doubt fans or the team wants. If they played in Toronto even with limited seating, I'm not sure they would have tanked.
        Last edited by A.I; Fri Apr 16, 2021, 10:16 AM.

Comment

The play-in seems to be doing the opposite of what it was intended to do, at least for the Raptors. It was supposed to encourage more winning so more teams had a shot at the playoffs, and would want that playoff money. With a covid season and no crowds.. what would 2 playoff "home" games actually do? Would there be an influx of money coming into the owners for those teams?

It feels like the only team that cares about the play in in the east is Washington that's not currently in the top 8. Maybe Indiana but they look like they've been having a miserable season too (although are now just 1 game of 8th seed).

Outside of San Antonio, GSW and Memphis, every other lottery bound team in the West just don't seem to give a sh!t either.

Comment

Well I'm still hoping they make the play in, those games would be super fun to watch, plus who knows with the lottery, they could still end up with a great pick even if they finish 8, 9 or 10.

Comment

if they make the play-in i bet they'd still rest kyle, fred, and pascal anyway. thank you for the opportunity NBA but we'd rather buy this lottery ticket. at least that's been the approach for the last several weeks.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                if they make the play-in i bet they'd still rest kyle, fred, and pascal anyway. thank you for the opportunity NBA but we'd rather buy this lottery ticket. at least that's been the approach for the last several weeks.

Comment

dream starting line up
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

According to Will Lou on twitter this is the Raptors' 26th different starting lineup in 56 games, and Flynn is the 6th different person that Fred has started next to in the backcourt
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

So Siakam and OG are not in the lineup? why?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Khem Birch gonna drop 40 on his old squad

Comment

Malachi just seems fundamentally sound

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            Khem Birch gonna drop 40 on his old squad
                            Hope he doesn't drop a deuce.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

It's gonna be really hard to lose to this Orlando team lol
                              OG is our king

Comment

Khem with the no look pass (to a missed freddy 3), a mid ranger jumper and a block.

Comment

Working...
                                X