No announcement yet.

GAME #65 Toronto Raptors vs Los Angeles Lakers [Game is happening right now]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best thing that can happen now is Philly, Lakers, and Miami all fail to make the Finals and another bidding war for Lowry happens. I wonder if they play more Lowry down the stretch to boost his value?

Comment

Weird times. First time I wake up and check the score of a late west coast game and say “F^*#....what happened? They won?!” Still fun to beat the Lakers. To paraphrase a certain ex raptor, let’s get two

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Los Angeles was willing to part with their starting point guard Dennis Schroder – in part because they are concerned about being able to sign him in free agency this summer – along with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. That would have provided the required salaries to match Lowry’s $30.5-million.

But things got sticky after that. The Raptors wanted a future first-round draft pick and/or 20-year-old wing Talen Horton-Tucker.

The Lakers wouldn’t go the extra mile with Horton-Tucker in particular, which was a sticking point, and when deadline passed, Lowry was still a Raptor.
          Masai was absolutely asking for THT and their 2026 (can slide to 2027 depending on what NOP does with their 2024/2025 rights) 1st unprotected and probably some future 2nds as well. Crazy that the Lakers wouldn't play ball nonetheless.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Masai was absolutely asking for THT and their 2026 (can slide to 2027 depending on what NOP does with their 2024/2025 rights) 1st unprotected and probably some future 2nds as well. Crazy that the Lakers wouldn't play ball nonetheless.
            Lakers didn't play ball so Kyle did
            OG is our king

Comment

Watching the game last night, and thinking about how the Lakers were in the mix for Lowry at the trade deadline.

I know this is a long shot, but what if Lowry and Derozan took less than their market value. Drummand took less. Could the Lakers start next season with a starting line-up of
              Lowry
              Derozan
              Lebron
              Davis
              Drummond.

Don't know if it can happen, but it occurred to me that it could. I could see Derozan wanting to play for his hometown team, Lowry wanting to play with Derozan, both wanting to play for a championship and the Lakers going all in on the last remaining years we see Lebron playing in the NBA.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                lol. I knew that coming....

golden wrote: View Post
                Lakers are totally out of sync with Drummond starting. They actually do need Gasol out there to facilitate ball movement and “win his minutes”. Lol.

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
                  Watching the game last night, and thinking about how the Lakers were in the mix for Lowry at the trade deadline.

I know this is a long shot, but what if Lowry and Derozan took less than their market value. Drummand took less. Could the Lakers start next season with a starting line-up of
                  Lowry
                  Derozan
                  Lebron
                  Davis
                  Drummond.

Don't know if it can happen, but it occurred to me that it could. I could see Derozan wanting to play for his hometown team, Lowry wanting to play with Derozan, both wanting to play for a championship and the Lakers going all in on the last remaining years we see Lebron playing in the NBA.
                  The Lakers are capped out and can only use exceptions (mid level is about $9.5M but depends on how far away they are from the luxury tax). Or they can do a S&T.. but that requires help from both the Spurs and Raptors.. and Pops hates the Lakers.

So likely not possible.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    "Whoever in the Lakers said no t to trade for Kyle Lowry should be fired" is something LeBron should've said.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lakers are tied with Portland and Dallas for the 5/6/7 seed. 7 gets them into the play-in.

Their schedule isn't really soft either:

Denver - tonight (B2B)
                      @LAC - May 6
                      @Portland - May 7 (B2B)
                      Phoenix - May 9
                      NY - May 11
                      Houston - May 12 (B2B)
                      @Indiana - May 15
                      @New Orleans - May 16 (B2B)

Easiest game is against Houston, but on a back-to-back.

Should be an interesting finish.

Comment

• Lakers lose the Play-in games and fall out of the Playoffs, imagine that

Comment

• What's up with Drummond's beer belly?
                          Glad we didnt bother picking him up
                          Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon May 3, 2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Lakers lose the Play-in games and fall out of the Playoffs, imagine that
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Didn't Lebron want the play in tournament? Wasn't he pushing for that last season? James and Cuban are both insufferable. If you're going to change your mind on this stuff out of self-interest, at least preface it with a mea culpa.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Didn't Lebron want the play in tournament? Wasn't he pushing for that last season? James and Cuban are both insufferable. If you're going to change your mind on this stuff out of self-interest, at least preface it with a mea culpa.
                                What can u expect from that fvcking spoiled diva?
                                He's a coward who doesn't want to earn his victories.

Comment

Working...
                                X