No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for them I guess. Don't think this team makes it past the east next year, or the west finals team. Kind of wish they would call Giannis pushing off with his off arm on every second play to create space.

Comment

• Good for the Bucks! I’m just happy it wasn’t an LA team or the superteam of Brooklyn. The Bucks were built the right way and I’m happy for Giannis!

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

A healthy Warriors team would have wiped the Raptors too. Sometimes you need some luck to win.
        Raps fans got so indignant about this stuff when Toronto won and now shitting on the Bucks in the same fashion. Lots of short term memory loss with sports fans.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Giannis is a legit top 3 player in the NBA now.

1. Kawhi
          2. LeBron
          3. Giannis
          The part-time superstar isn't the best player in the league. He plays ~50 games cause that's all he can physically manage, ramps it up for a about 10 games in the playoffs, and then his legs fall apart on him. Not his fault but a guy who physically can't even play an entire season and playoffs, let alone lead a team through them, isn't the best player in the league. That ship sailed in 2019.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Raps fans got so indignant about this stuff when Toronto won and now shitting on the Bucks in the same fashion. Lots of short term memory loss with sports fans.
            Last 3 championships, including ours, were asterisks. Most championships are. And if you discount "superstars teaming up" to avoid competing against the best, then Spurs (2014) and Mavs (2011) are the most recent un-tainted.

Comment

• Didn't catch all of the game last night but happy for Giannis and Middleton. Those two guys got shat on a lot through the years, but they got the job done.

Also happy for PJ. This was a cool tweet:

And he took out the Suns (his former team).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Last 3 championships, including ours, were asterisks. Most championships are. And if you discount "superstars teaming up" to avoid competing against the best, then Spurs (2014) and Mavs (2011) are the most recent un-tainted.

Cmon G !
                Thats some LA Lakers level sour grapes there. They were bitching about that the least injured team would win it this year.
                The Bucks earned this.
                They beat the Nets who were the consensus to come out of the east and they beat the best team from the West this year.
                It ain't easy to win it...
                Good win for the Bucks.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Cmon G !
                  Thats some LA Lakers level sour grapes there. They were bitching about that the least injured team would win it this year.
                  The Bucks earned this.
                  They beat the Nets who were the consensus to come out of the east and they beat the best team from the West this year.
                  Good win for the Bucks.
                  Lakers "bubble" championship might be the most asterisked, so I'm not sure what you're on about.

Nobody is saying the Bucks didn't earn this, because you can only play the team they put in front of you. The asterisk gets mentioned when everybody recognizes that the team they put in front of you isn't the best team it woulda/shoulda/coulda been. Injuries have always been a part of the game.... and a big part of the post-game analysis. It is what it is.

In the case of the bubble, it was just a weird, unprecedented situation. I mean, does anybody think a Raptors-Celtics series would result in the "home team" winning exactly zero games?

And if you want to include "stars teaming up" in the asterisk bucket, then you can wipe out KD's rings, most of Lebron's and all of Steph's. Last purest championships are: Dirk (2011) and Duncan/Kawhi (2014). Spurs/Mavs were self-built teams with no superstar team ups and they beat the best of the best, at full strength.

Comment

• The post game presser of Giannis was so genuine and I am big fan from here on out.

I paraphrased but what he said “I can go to any team and form a superteam to win a Championship but I did not, I took the hardest route, I am a Champion and I made my freethrows”

Masai desperately wanted the guy before and during the 2013 draft until the wee hours Giannis signed the extension to stay with the Bucks. Not meant to be.

Bucks will have a trio (Giannis/ Middleton and Jrue) that is so scary to beat going forward in the next 2-3 years. Jrue is no Bledsoe that is for sure.

As a Raptor fan, you would hope that the 4th pick will turn out to be a world beater or a trade piece to get one.

Comment

• Giannis really said. I'll have supermax, MVP and championship. You gotta respect it.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Cmon G !
                        The Bucks earned this.
                        Good win for the Bucks.
                        I really don't understand this asterisk nonsense at all. The only title in North America in recent memory that deserves an asterisk is the 1919 World Series and maybe, maybe the 2017 World Series. If you wanted to footnote titles you could maybe note shortened seasons (cause of strikes/lockouts) and the 2020 championship in MLB, NHL and NBA but that's an entirely arbitrary decision.

I don't understand why people feel the need to delegitimize championships by implying they weren't earned and aren't equal to other wins based on capricious criteria.
                        Last edited by slaw; Wed Jul 21, 2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I really don't understand this asterisk nonsense at all. The only title in North America in recent memory that deserves an asterisk is the 1919 World Series and maybe, maybe the 2017 World Series. If you wanted to footnote titles you could maybe note shortened seasons (cause of strikes/lockouts) and the 2020 championship in MLB, NHL and NBA but that's an entirely arbitrary decision.

I don't understand why people feel the need to delegitimize championships by implying they weren't earned and aren't equal to other wins based on capricious criteria.
                          It's not de-legitimizing by simply stating the truth of the circumstances, i.e, some championship journeys of some teams are harder than others. There's almost always an element of luck and timing (good or bad) involved in winning it all. I guess it offends people to simply say a truth out loud these days. Those are the times we live in. Maybe the word "asterisk" gets people's shorts tied in a knot, but it is what it is.

Comment

• No asterisk. The ONLY championship that deserves an asterisk is the 2017 Houston Astros.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Nets were bound to have injuries and dysfunction. I’m going on the record to say a team constructed with Durant, Harden and Kyrie will not win a championship. A) because of health, and B) because of their personalities.

The Bucks beat the teams they played, and are true champions

Comment

• I'm really happy for Giannis. He didn't go title chasing when he had the chance. He decided to stick with his team and trust them to continue to support him and improve the talent. He won with an old school mentality. To me, his chip is much more impressive than any of the ones Bron won in Miami/LA.

This was the first finals I can ever recall being happy for either side winning. What a great story for both teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X