Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday with 2 quick fouls in Game 5

Comment

• Phoenix comes out hitting their shots and turning over Milwaukee in the first

Comment

• Suns shoot 74% from the field, including 5 for 6 from three - lead the Bucks by 16 after one

Comment

• Bucks have stormed back to take the lead halfway through the 2nd

Comment

• Fun game. This is the Holiday and Middleton the Bucks have needed to finally break through. Giannis has always been there.

Bucks size a real problem for CP3 over the course of a series.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• That late sequence… that’s what you hope for when you bring in a Jrue Holiday. Stifling D, gets the steal, patience as he heads down the floor. Beautiful, electrifying alley oop in transition to Giannis to put it away. That’ll be up there in the iconic plays of their run if they win it, which it’s looking like they’re on the precipice of doing.

Suns really missed the opportunity tonight.
              Not to mention last game.
              I really wanted them to take this thing.
              I fear they’re cooked.
              Fear the Deer.
              (barf in my mouth)

Comment

• Close game, fun to watch. It's a crapshoot, the teams are pretty evenly matched. I'm hoping for a win for the suns in game 6 so we can get an entertaining game 7. The suns blew a big opportunity in this one though.....

Comment

• "On Tuesday, ESPN/ABC released a statement that viewership, through the first three games, is up 33 percent over last year’s Finals between the Lakers and Heat, averaging nearly 9 million viewers.

But that was only part of the story. Compared to the 2019 NBA Finals between the Raptors and Warriors, the numbers are suffering.

According to Nielsen, the viewership through the first three games of 2021 compared to 2019 is down an average 4.63 million — or 34 percent.

The stunning part is in 2019, there was no local market for one of the clubs, the Raptors. The Nielsen ratings do not count Canada. Still, the 2019 Nielsen figure is pounding the current numbers.

The total viewership through three games in 2019 was 40.8 million compared to this year’s 26.95 million."

Whole article here:

Comment

• Total viewership for the first three games of Lakers vs the Heat was about 27 million. So 9 million watched each game. Just splitting it in half, 4.5 million fans of each team watched the first three games.

Compare this to the 2019 series where 13.6 million fans watched each game. Were there 13.6 million Golden State fans, or do the Raptors have a large following in the US? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Total viewership for the first three games of Lakers vs the Heat was about 27 million. So 9 million watched each game. Just splitting it in half, 4.5 million fans of each team watched the first three games.

Compare this to the 2019 series where 13.6 million fans watched each game. Were there 13.6 million Golden State fans, or do the Raptors have a large following in the US? Inquiring minds want to know.
                      The timing of the finals plays a role as well. In 2019, game 6 was on June 13th. In 2020, the Lakers and Heat played their game 6 on October 11th. And in 2021, the Bucks/Suns will play their game 6 on July 20th.

It's tough to get a crowd watching sports in the heart of the summer. And in October you are competing with the NFL and MLB playoffs.

Would be interesting to see what the numbers look like in a regular season.. so hopefully the 2022 NBA finals, and then compare those numbers with 2019.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The timing of the finals plays a role as well. In 2019, game 6 was on June 13th. In 2020, the Lakers and Heat played their game 6 on October 11th. And in 2021, the Bucks/Suns will play their game 6 on July 20th.

It's tough to get a crowd watching sports in the heart of the summer. And in October you are competing with the NFL and MLB playoffs.

Would be interesting to see what the numbers look like in a regular season.. so hopefully the 2022 NBA finals, and then compare those numbers with 2019.
                        Accept all caveats, but this is still amazing. I wonder if those numbers include games being PVR'd? Or streamed? It's not like in the COVID years people were on holidays in Europe or something.

Comment

• I know Middleton is getting a lot of hype right now but Giannis is still by far the MVP of this series.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Accept all caveats, but this is still amazing. I wonder if those numbers include games being PVR'd? Or streamed? It's not like in the COVID years people were on holidays in Europe or something.
                            Not really amazing when you consider that the 2019 Finals ratings were a 19% decline from 2018. Americans didn’t care about the Raptors… they wanted to see KD/Steph vs Lebron, part X. They did, however, want to see the hated Warriors lose, so the Raps were America’s team in that regard.

Comment

• Giannis is doing it on knee that he hyper extended it. Kawhi would never
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                I know Middleton is getting a lot of hype right now but Giannis is still by far the MVP of this series.
                                It's not even close. Giannis has been best this series and drives that whole team. When your entire team is built on one guy, it's great that a teammate is hitting some shots but that doesn't make the other guy the MVP. And just raw production, Giannis is having an amazing series. I think people just get too cute with this kind of stuff. Like getting bored with MJ or Lebron MVPs, there's some weird impulse to look for a different guy because the obvious pick is too boring or something? Or you think you're a real basketball savant for seeing the genius of some other player? People overthinking things.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X