Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Why is it when I look at mock drafts it doesn't show that the Raptors have a first round pick?
    It was traded to San Antonio in the Thad / Goran trade. We got Detroit's 2nd round pick.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Why is it when I look at mock drafts it doesn't show that the Raptors have a first round pick?
      because we are choosing in the second round

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
        in other news, the thunder have announced that SGA will sit out the rest of the season again. they should just trade him and josh giddey for picks and then parlay those picks into more picks before either player realizes they have no intention of ever competing.
        There is an argument for them to trade SGA. Them trading giddey makes no sense since he is in year one.

Comment

• I don't like this trend of sitting players down the stretch. The league should do something about it.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

There is an argument for them to trade SGA. Them trading giddey makes no sense since he is in year one.
            i am making a joke that the team has no desire to compete and is satisfied to sell their fanbase on perpetual hope, and i am making the joke because i have no respect for what they have been doing since the bubble ended.

i thought they were in the best possible position for a franchise to be in, with a young franchise centerpiece (SGA), an all time player with way more left in the tank than anyone realized (CP), young cheap talent locked up long term (dort, roby, diallo), veteran role players (adams, gallo), and a fucking boatload of picks from the paul george trade to keep the pipeline of young cheap talent flowing. a well managed team could turn that into a 10 + year window of contention, instead they tore it down for a multi-year tankathon because they have the shittiest and cheapest ownership group in the league.

i think it's a travesty and i've been calling that SGA will ask for a trade since the day they traded paul.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nah, I actually think this is the dream scenario for Kawhi. Rest your body during the regular season, hang out with family and friends in LA, visit the SuperBowl etc... Then you come back and dominate in the playoffs to show ownership that you earned your salary and you also keep your name in the top 3-5 NBA player conversation (i.e. recency bias).

That is maximum return for minimum effort.

That sounds exactly like "happy just cashing his checks" but would like to extend that ability to do it
              Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Mar 30, 2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

So what would a deal to bring SGA here look like? He’ll be making $29M next year. Probably need a third team. Expiring contracts & picks are all they care about over there.

Comment

• Has to be the dumbest take of all time.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

So what would a deal to bring SGA here look like? He’ll be making $29M next year. Probably need a third team. Expiring contracts & picks are all they care about over there.
                    Forget SGA(not realistic), the guy the Raptors should target is Donovan Mitchell. I saw his comments after last night's game. Prediction: just a matter of time before he ask out of Utah.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

i think it depends on the injury and the superstar. klay thompson is not a superstar and also missed two years with two separate devastating injuries, but he's been back for months now and is still awful. PG took a whole year to look right after his compound fracture.

kawhi's on a different level, but knee ligament injuries traditionally take some time and i can't see even that cyborg coming back to a playoff intensity environment like nothing happened
                      Awful? 19 pts on 42/37/90? If Klay is awful, than what does that make GTJ, lower numbers (pts, reb, ast) across the board on worse efficiency?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Awful? 19 pts on 42/37/90? If Klay is awful, than what does that make GTJ, lower numbers (pts, reb, ast) across the board on worse efficiency?
                        i should have caveated that by saying "awful by his own hall of fame standards." he's a career 46% shooter and 42% from 3, so those numbers are way down. he's chucking a ton of shots, which makes sense with steph out now but he was still chucking when too much when steph was there, and his defence is nowhere close to where he was.

it makes gary not as good as one of the worst seasons from a hall of fame player. i don't really consider that an indictment of gary

Comment

i should have caveated that by saying "awful by his own hall of fame standards." he's a career 46% shooter and 42% from 3, so those numbers are way down. he's chucking a ton of shots, which makes sense with steph out now but he was still chucking when too much when steph was there, and his defence is nowhere close to where he was.

it makes gary not as good as one of the worst seasons from a hall of fame player. i don't really consider that an indictment of gary
                          OK I see your point, but still.

Klay is basically 5% less efficient across the board from career klay. But with the added caveats:

-klay is 32. The last time he was on a court he was 29.
                          -either no dray or no steph for nearly every game he's played, which overextends him as we all know klay slots in as the #3 guy usage wise.

All things considered, I'd say he's BETTER than I expected him to be this season.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

OK I see your point, but still.

Klay is basically 5% less efficient across the board from career klay. But with the added caveats:

-klay is 32. The last time he was on a court he was 29.
                            -either no dray or no steph for nearly every game he's played, which overextends him as we all know klay slots in as the #3 guy usage wise.

All things considered, I'd say he's BETTER than I expected him to be this season.
                            he's been better than i expected too, but i didn't expect him to come back as the BEST shooting guard in the WHOLE LEAGUE.

my point is that after several months i still don't think he's himself. and even at his age i expect he's more likely to look like himself next year.

and the point was made in the context that i didn't think kawhi could carry a team to a title just coming back for the playoffs. he would need time to ramp up. (if he even came back... i tend to agree with bert, the raps fan, that he's more likely taking the long term view of his health)

Comment

he's been better than i expected too, but i didn't expect him to come back as the BEST shooting guard in the WHOLE LEAGUE.

my point is that after several months i still don't think he's himself. and even at his age i expect he's more likely to look like himself next year.

and the point was made in the context that i didn't think kawhi could carry a team to a title just coming back for the playoffs. he would need time to ramp up. (if he even came back... i tend to agree with bert, the raps fan, that he's more likely taking the long term view of his health)
                              Klay's USG is at 28.6% (career high), 4% above his career usage... which is a big jump at that tier. That's superstar / 1st option / shot-creator USG territory. Klay was never that guy, even at his peak. Obviously, he needs time to get his rhythm, but that usage has to come down or his efficiency will continue to suffer.

Comment

Klay's USG is at 28.6% (career high), 4% above his career usage... which is a big jump at that tier. That's superstar / 1st option / shot-creator USG territory. Klay was never that guy, even at his peak. Obviously, he needs time to get his rhythm, but that usage has to come down or his efficiency will continue to suffer.
                                yeah i called it chucking but it's evident when you watch them that he's taking too many shots, trying to force himself back into a rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                                X