Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

yeah I don't like the precedent it sets
    like if you aren't going to show up and participate go home and no you don't deserve to get paid.

Comment

like if you aren't going to show up and participate go home and no you don't deserve to get paid.
      Simmons already told them since the summertime he wasn't going to play for them. The fact they didn't move on & found a trade partner due to Morey insane demands is on the 76ers too.

Now the situation is dragging on and is causing unnecessary drama and is embarrassing. If I was the 76'ers, I would cut my losses & suspend Simmons with pay until a good enough package materialize in the next 3 months or so. You don't need the distraction right now, he doesn't want to be there & his teammates don't want him there.

Comment

• I think fines and suspensions are necessary, I’m all for player empowerment, but this is a horrible trend.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Simmons already told them since the summertime he wasn't going to play for them. The fact they didn't move on & found a trade partner due to Morey insane demands is on the 76ers too.

Now the situation is dragging on and is causing unnecessary drama and is embarrassing. If I was the 76'ers, I would cut my losses & suspend Simmons with pay until a good enough package materialize in the next 3 months or so. You don't need the distraction right now, he doesn't want to be there & his teammates don't want him there.
          Nah they are going to try and make it worse. This is going to continue. It will be worse than the VC situation where he was giving plays to the other team.

Comment

• I've never been a fan of Simmons. I think a lot of the praise that he gets is from being a top draft pick. He has made zero effort to improve since being drafted. That said, the Sixers ran him over at the end of last season. The head coach basically put all the blame on him. So did his teammates. The front office did nothing to kill that narrative with the media.

They spent a good 2 weeks blaming the kid in Philly media for everything wrong with the Sixers and then when he says that he wants to be traded, he's the bad guy? How does that work? The Sixers have made zero legit effort to trade Simmons. They could have gotten solid trades from the Pacers, Raps, Spurs, etc... But every team that has made a reasonable offer have been countered with fantasy. People need to stop blaming this kid for an issue that the FO failed to properly manage.

If you follow Philly/Sixers media (I listen to a couple pods) there's no way Ben can play for that team. He will get destroyed by the fans. These guys booed Santa Claus! IF Ben has to act a fool to get traded, then let him act the fool. If a similar situation happened in Toronto would Masai let Simmons take 100% of the blame for a loss like the Sixers front office did? Stop blaming players for bad management

Comment

• Tsn's Overdrive with an extended interview with Masai

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                Tsn's Overdrive with an extended interview with Masai
                Hopefully Jamie McLennan asked him pressing questions about the Leafs 4th line LW
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Sacramento soured on their 2018 no.2 draft pick.

Marvin Bagley actually had decent numbers last season.

Will the Raptors consider a Boucher for Bagley offer?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

lmao
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Honestly i like what Ben is doing.. Fuck the 6ers. They have no one to blame but Doc, Morey and Joel.

Ask yourself why this happened... Doc threw him under the bus after hawks series. Those comments were damming. Joel his co-star didn't back him up, Which was probably very conscious. That Joels team, he is the best player and he has never got passed the 2nd round. What is Phillys best playoff series win? Cause only won 3. Last year vs a horrible washington, 2019 vs a Nets team of role players and 2018 vs the Heat who were lead by an old ass wade.

This best series sixer have had in the Joel era was vs us. And that was Jimmy leading the team. Instead of shouldering some blame he was fine to pass it all off the Ben...

Then Morey publicly shops Ben for a ridiculous price refusing to budge and doesn't resolve the huge public issue..

If im Ben i don't trust my coach, i don't trust my co-star who is shifting all the blame to me in order to distract from his own short comings and i dont trust my GM to trade me.... So fuck you ill tank my value and force your hand..

It's crazy those 3 arn't catching the same if not more heat then Ben for this whole thing
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Coming soon to the Philadelphia Seventy Sixers.....

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Honestly i like what Ben is doing.. Fuck the 6ers. They have no one to blame but Doc, Morey and Joel.

Ask yourself why this happened... Doc threw him under the bus after hawks series. Those comments were damming. Joel his co-star didn't back him up, Which was probably very conscious. That Joels team, he is the best player and he has never got passed the 2nd round. What is Phillys best playoff series win? Cause only won 3. Last year vs a horrible washington, 2019 vs a Nets team of role players and 2018 vs the Heat who were lead by an old ass wade.

This best series sixer have had in the Joel era was vs us. And that was Jimmy leading the team. Instead of shouldering some blame he was fine to pass it all off the Ben...

Then Morey publicly shops Ben for a ridiculous price refusing to budge and doesn't resolve the huge public issue..

If im Ben i don't trust my coach, i don't trust my co-star who is shifting all the blame to me in order to distract from his own short comings and i dont trust my GM to trade me.... So fuck you ill tank my value and force your hand..

It's crazy those 3 arn't catching the same if not more heat then Ben for this whole thing
                          I like it too but too obvious. Can't be too blatant or he might not get that bag. Trouble in Philly always makes me happy

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Sacramento soured on their 2018 no.2 draft pick.

Marvin Bagley actually had decent numbers last season.

Will the Raptors consider a Boucher for Bagley offer?
                            bagley by the numbers is the worst defensive center in the entire league even worse than baynes. but yeah sure lets do that.

ok sorry I lied a bit I went an checked. Out of 540 possible players from lasty ear for defensive rating Bagley ranked 512
                            Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue Oct 19, 2021, 11:39 PM.

Comment

bagley by the numbers is the worst defensive center in the entire league even worse than baynes. but yeah sure lets do that.

ok sorry I lied a bit I went an checked. Out of 540 possible players from lasty ear for defensive rating Bagley ranked 512
                              Let's do a deeper dive on this ... lets look at his shots. Ok... So this is from a kings blog article that I will cite below. He ranked in the -th percentage from effective field goal range for big men....

at the rim he shot in the 10th percentile. Midrange 14th. He shot 42% on layups... yikes....

Out of players who defended at the rim and defended 3 shots per game at the rim he ranked 99/107. I mean I am not going to rate everything htat he sucks at but the stats ....are not great. his defensive rating was second worst in the league at one point at 115.8 he finished worse than that because this was a january article. He finished 116.5ish... and for the record he played the whole year so its not like how you have some players with a defensive rating of 185.. because they randomly played in a blow out.

Again every single sentence of this article gets more and more and more depressing. I am not the biggest boucher believer long term for this team but if we did that trade... I would honestly protest.

https://kingsherald.com/articles/nba...-bagley-stats/

Comment

Let's do a deeper dive on this ... lets look at his shots. Ok... So this is from a kings blog article that I will cite below. He ranked in the -th percentage from effective field goal range for big men....

at the rim he shot in the 10th percentile. Midrange 14th. He shot 42% on layups... yikes....

Out of players who defended at the rim and defended 3 shots per game at the rim he ranked 99/107. I mean I am not going to rate everything htat he sucks at but the stats ....are not great. his defensive rating was second worst in the league at one point at 115.8 he finished worse than that because this was a january article. He finished 116.5ish... and for the record he played the whole year so its not like how you have some players with a defensive rating of 185.. because they randomly played in a blow out.

Again every single sentence of this article gets more and more and more depressing. I am not the biggest boucher believer long term for this team but if we did that trade... I would honestly protest.

https://kingsherald.com/articles/nba...-bagley-stats/
                                https://stathead.com/tiny/X69QJ - players comparison so I am not surprise that you would protest….

However, he maybe cheaper than Boucher though when they are due to get paid, what do you think?

He is only 22 in comparison to Boucher who is 28

Still room for improvement, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X