Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fukkin love JV. Love it.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Fukkin love JV. Love it.
      Won't ever regret the trade for Marc, because JV was not Marc at the time, and that is what the club needed to pair with Kawhi. But JV possibly could have been something similar if his development pathway had been different. Very happy for his success away from Casey. If my memory is correct, he shot a three-ball in his first game as a Raptor rookie. Casey quickly subbed him out and that was the end of that. Might have been the 2nd or 3rd game but it was very early in his time with Toronto.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Won't ever regret the trade for Marc, because JV was not Marc at the time, and that is what the club needed to pair with Kawhi. But JV possibly could have been something similar if his development pathway had been different. Very happy for his success away from Casey. If my memory is correct, he shot a three-ball in his first game as a Raptor rookie. Casey quickly subbed him out and that was the end of that. Might have been the 2nd or 3rd game but it was very early in his time with Toronto.
        I’m still not convinced we don’t win it all with JV subbed in for Marc, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise, though I know there are plenty of arguments why. We’ll simply never know. There are things we’d be sorely lacking without Marc, but there are things that JV can bring that Marc doesn’t. Either way, we would’ve been a very good team.

Sure nice to see him flourishing though. Hopefully that doesn’t fall off too much when Zion finally returns.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
          ...Sure nice to see him flourishing though. Hopefully that doesn’t fall off too much when Zion finally returns.
          His opportunities could increase when Zion gets back. Yeah, I feel you on the could of won it with JV argument. That year, JV could not have operated from the elbow the way Marc did. He had never been given the opportunity to be that kind of a big man. It seems like he has learned more how to be that type. I suspect the Raptors could have done it with this season's JV. We'll never know for sure. Would have loved to have kept him and also have won.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

His opportunities could increase when Zion gets back. Yeah, I feel you on the could of won it with JV argument. That year, JV could not have operated from the elbow the way Marc did. He had never been given the opportunity to be that kind of a big man. It seems like he has learned more how to be that type. I suspect the Raptors could have done it with this season's JV. We'll never know for sure. Would have loved to have kept him and also have won.
            Well trying to describe what this present day Raptor team needs .. JV fits the description perfectly .. I cheer for guys like JV and DeRozan ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Well trying to describe what this present day Raptor team needs .. JV fits the description perfectly .. I cheer for guys like JV and DeRozan ..
              Yep. JV basically dominating the hustle stats for NBA big men. He's a 3 & D that also owns the paint. lol.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/hustle-leaders/

Comment

• Comment

• Great article in the undefeated making the rounds in the NBA world today on the GROAT. He also speaks glowingly about Canada, and how he kind of considered living their "forever" but obviously decided against it.

https://theundefeated.com/features/m...pionship-ring/

Kyle Lowry on being ‘Mr. Raptor’ and the chase for a second championship ring

‘Like I’ve said, and I’ll say it now, I will sign a one-day contract and I’ll retire as a Toronto Raptor. That is my everything.’
                  But the sweet part about me leaving was, now Freddy [VanVleet] gets all the attention, OG [Anunoby] gets all the attention. Pascal [Siakam] gets even more of the attention. I left the franchise in a great place to my little brothers. They are truly my little brothers. No, they are family. They are equals to me. They’re just younger than me.
                  And I’ve left the franchise in a place where Pascal is an All-Star, right? He’s going to come back, have a great [season]. Freddy’s going to continue to get better. He’s going to emerge as an even better leader. They’re guys who are still young. OG, you see his emergence as the offensive player. They will get more of the attention now. I would take all the blame because I wanted to. I never wanted them to have to deal with that stuff, because I just felt I could take the world on my shoulders. And they can, too, but now it’s theirs. I left the franchise in a great place.
                  They’re taking it from me and saying, ‘We got you.’ And it’s a proud moment. I still watch their games. I’ve talked to Freddy. I’ve talked to OG and I’ve texted Pascal before his first game. I still talk to [ex-Raptors guard] Norm [Powell]. We’ve created bonds that we will have forever. And those are people, those are kids and guys that are men now that I’ll support and cheer for no matter what the situation is.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Love JV and miss him. Ibaka is cleark still awesome, wish we would have kept him around....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...nt%3f_amp=true

Comment

• wow good for him. Lost that weight.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

wow good for him. Lost that weight.
                        Unrecognizable..I wonder if he'll make it back to the show. Hard to believe, but he's still only 29 years old

Comment

• Great to see so many ex Raps exceling around the league. JV and Demar are the best players on their team. Powell is a key piece with his team, Ross carved out a career as a microwave off the bench. Lowry is still chugging along as the engine on the Heat.

Just goes to show we had star players on this team through that whole era, just confirms what we said all along. Players that come up in Toronto are vastly underrated. Vince was the one shooting star that broke the glass ceiling

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

wow good for him. Lost that weight.
                            I had no idea who that was from the thumbnail.. Probably would have took me 50 ex raptor guess to land on sully
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• That's crazy.. good for Sully!

Random Raptor trivia for the night.

Did you know that we traded Sully and two second round picks for PJ Tucker? Sully's contract was needed to make the math work on the trade.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                That's crazy.. good for Sully!

Random Raptor trivia for the night.

Did you know that we traded Sully and two second round picks for PJ Tucker? Sully's contract was needed to make the math work on the trade.
                                Ah yes PJ Tucker. Our "Lebron stopper". Then Lebron averaged 40 a night in a sweep lol. Somehow, Tucker goes everywhere and does a great job, but was underwhelming not once but twice in Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X