No announcement yet.

Game #2: Toronto Raptors 108 - Orlando Magic 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think we're gonna get 36 pages discussing Demar this time...Demar having good games is bad for business lmao
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      I don't think we're gonna get 36 pages discussing Demar this time...Demar having good games is bad for business lmao
      Of course DeMar haters are nowhere to be found. He played fantastic. And really what's the difference between his game tonight and the game against the Hawks the other night? NOTHING. In the Atlanta game he missed a bunch of shots that he NORMALLY makes.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Of course DeMar haters are nowhere to be found. He played fantastic. And really what's the difference between his game tonight and the game against the Hawks the other night? NOTHING. In the Atlanta game he missed a bunch of shots that he NORMALLY makes.
        I didn't see the second half tonight, but DeMar forced A LOT of shots against Atlanta, and I'm one of the guys typically defending him. I think it was first game nerves or something, but he was playing a lot of heroball. I don't think anyone was hating on him, it was fair criticism.

Comment

• I was actually quite pleased to see his post game at work against a Fournier. It's a good thing to have that as a weapon when the long-range jays aren't dropping. Kobe, Wade, Lebron were always great players, but they became more well-rounded offensive threats when they developed a post game.
          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I didn't see the second half tonight, but DeMar forced A LOT of shots against Atlanta, and I'm one of the guys typically defending him. I think it was first game nerves or something, but he was playing a lot of heroball. I don't think anyone was hating on him, it was fair criticism.
            Nice post.

Game 1 was enough to keep me out of game threads moving forward outside of post game curiosity of peoples overall thoughts.

Too many DeRozan fans versus Raptor fans.

District of DeRozan!

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              I'm with you on that. I don't like the hockey subs but I think Casey is trying to get very tight chemistry for the bench guys so he try's to put them in all at once. And he's testing it on the tanking/semi elite teams. I think subs will be back to normal against the heat though. Pure speculation on my part
              Interesting idea. You might be right. Having two new guys (Lou and JJ) has likely affected the bench's chemistry quite a bit. I can see Casey wanting these guys to get it together early in the season, as opposed to later and playing as a unit during practice is not going to do it on its own. When you have the starting five that he does you can afford to do a 5 for 5 swap out for extended periods with teams like Orlando. And his starters minutes certainly were lower.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                Man so many times when Demar drives to the net I wonder he doesn't just dunk that shit
                Not to be a dick, but this is what is wrong with Basketball today. A dunk is not effort, and it isn't always they way to go.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Not to be a dick, but this is what is wrong with Basketball today. A dunk is not effort, and it isn't always they way to go.
                  How is a dunk not effort? Please explain me this.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• How is it effort?

My question for you, can you dunk? And I don't mean little squeakers on the bent rim...I mean, can you dunk, normally, in traffic in real games?

Way back, I played a little ball myself, I can tell you this, a dunk is not always the best move, and to be honest, there are times for one and times when its really no biggie. Anyone who is complaining about a guy like Derozan "not just throwing it down" and saying it was lack of "effort" simply has no idea whats going on on the court.

Come on Z, honestly, do you REALLY think Derozan's dunk selections are an indication of effort....or is it more, YOU just really would have liked to see a dunk?

Comment

• I agree that a dunk isn't necessarily maximal effort. Personally I'd just rather see a dunk because it's a higher percentage shot than a finger roll/layup
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Interesting idea. You might be right. Having two new guys (Lou and JJ) has likely affected the bench's chemistry quite a bit. I can see Casey wanting these guys to get it together early in the season, as opposed to later and playing as a unit during practice is not going to do it on its own. When you have the starting five that he does you can afford to do a 5 for 5 swap out for extended periods with teams like Orlando. And his starters minutes certainly were lower.
                        Yea I'm totally fine with the subs so far. But I might kinda lose it if Casey uses it again against the heat today. They are nothing to play around with

And talking about the heat. JOEY we need you to get on that game thread flow. I think we can go undefeated under your guidance.
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          Yea I'm totally fine with the subs so far. But I might kinda lose it if Casey uses it again against the heat today. They are nothing to play around with

And talking about the heat. JOEY we need you to get on that game thread flow. I think we can go undefeated under your guidance.
                          Yeah I was gonna say, where's that Game 3 Thread?
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I agree with Casey. After the game he said this (among other stuff...):

“Everybody’s blowing smoke, but if you’re serious about being a playoff team you come out and have a serious business-like approach each and every night,” said coach Dwane Casey after Toronto pulled away for a 108-95 victory.....".

I hope they dont muck around with the Heat tonight. Of course, I expect the team to be beat some nights and no team can keep up a frenetic pace all the time and every game (though the Bulls come pretty close for me!)....but these 2 games the boys havent had their business suits on the entire game.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              How is it effort?

My question for you, can you dunk? And I don't mean little squeakers on the bent rim...I mean, can you dunk, normally, in traffic in real games?

Way back, I played a little ball myself, I can tell you this, a dunk is not always the best move, and to be honest, there are times for one and times when its really no biggie. Anyone who is complaining about a guy like Derozan "not just throwing it down" and saying it was lack of "effort" simply has no idea whats going on on the court.

Come on Z, honestly, do you REALLY think Derozan's dunk selections are an indication of effort....or is it more, YOU just really would have liked to see a dunk?
                              I can dunk being 6'6 and fairly athletic and yeah dunking in game takes some effort especially if you're playing in the NBA
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Well, I'd assume I would be top of the list of DeRozan "haters" from the other night, and I already posted my thoughts on the game and how his game differed drastically from game 1 in terms of shot selection. This game he read the pattern of the game (lots of foul shots) after the first few minutes (when he was kind of chucking early) and adjusted, taking it inside and dominating their guards as the game went on. In the ATL game he didn't read the game at all - he drove into traffic when again and again the call wasn't coming, and he took way too many pull-up jumpers - this game even the jumpers he took, he posted first, backed his man almost to the paint then took a shorter much more makeable jumper.

Also good to see he's brought the rebounding effort two games now - if this is a pattern and not a blip, that would be great for the team.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X