Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME TWO, 2021-22 SEASON: Toronto Raptors @ Boston Celtics - Friday Oct 22nd 7:30pmET SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anything Zach promotes the Raps

Comment

• Trent Jr. with a good game and did it without his perimeter shooting.

Comment

• What a game. Something just a little more special beating them. Alright Goldy, it’s a back to back. Get your rest and come out strong.

Comment

• might be a bit of a hot take but personally i think that the biggest snub on that all-75 team was scottie barnes.

OG getting a taste of siakam's medicine the last few years as a defacto #1 receiving the most defensive attention from the opponent, and making it seem like pascal didn't fare so bad in that role. hopefully both of their days as defacto #1's are soon coming to an end

Comment

• All hail Goldblum, King in the North!

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              All hail Goldblum, King in the North!
              Much respect, Scraps...

You gave us an incredible season-opening thread -- and you deserved better.

(We're flying now though!)

Comment

• Wow, what a fun game, just fun fun fun fun fun fun fun. Really enjoyed watching that. The defence this team can play is unreal. So many deflections, steals, and hustle plays and rebounds...they are going to be a terrible nuisance for opposing teams to play against. The celts couldnt get anything going. Passing the ball against our defence is dangerous. Teams are going to have to rely heavily on their stars playing hero ball to beat us on many nights I think.

The offence, while still not where it needs to be, was certainly a major improvement over game 1. OG's court awareness is poor, its the part of his game that needs the most improvement. Knowing where he is relative to the defence and his teammates will be critical for him going forward, if he is to assume a greater role in the offence. Cant wait for pascal to return which should take some of the load off OG and maybe get him a few more good spot up looks per game.

Great game from Trent, loved his driving and finishing, not settling for too many jump shots, and his D was stellar, nice to see.

And Barnes of course, pretty much dominated the game and was the best player on the court. Not bad for his second game, going against vet all star players like tatum and brown.

Loved that win, hopefully tonight is much the same.

Comment

• Oh, and does anyone have any insight to the change in the starting lineup? From the broadcast, it suggested masai had commented that trent might start from some interview he did earlier in the day. But dragic was listed as the starter right up until the last minute. I wonder, did masai and/or webster step in and flat out tell Nurse to start trent over dragic?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    Oh, and does anyone have any insight to the change in the starting lineup? From the broadcast, it suggested masai had commented that trent might start from some interview he did earlier in the day. But dragic was listed as the starter right up until the last minute. I wonder, did masai and/or webster step in and flat out tell Nurse to start trent over dragic?
                    Trent said post-game that Nick had asked him where he wanted to play, starting or off the bench. So Nick was tossing some ideas around in his head. Credit to Gary, he said he told Nick he would play anywhere Nick wanted, guard anyone he was told to guard etc.

Comment

Oh, and does anyone have any insight to the change in the starting lineup? From the broadcast, it suggested masai had commented that trent might start from some interview he did earlier in the day. But dragic was listed as the starter right up until the last minute. I wonder, did masai and/or webster step in and flat out tell Nurse to start trent over dragic?
                      Nick definitely was trying something out

Comment

• Celtics coach confirming Raps wanna run and avoid half court sets, something I noted after the first preseason game. The amount of extra possessions Raps are creating for themselves is nuts. Just gotta convert better.

https://youtu.be/uszyleTMoes

Comment

• Man that was fun last night. Damn, Nurse gets these guys to play hard. So much different having Trent instead of Dragic starting. Goran isn't a bad player or anything but he and Fred just have terrible chemistry together. And when you want to play a run and gun style offense, you need quick legs.

Early on I saw glimpses of the same crap that happened against Washington. We'd win or steal a possession on a great defensive play only to fuck it up on the other end. But we cleaned that up. I could only count a handful of times that happened. Like that Svi charge (the ref was pretty dumb for calling that a block). But for the majority of the time they made Boston pay for turning it over. I love Birch's hustle on the boards. He is so refreshing. Precious had 15 boards himself.

Scottie was insane. How did we get so lucky? This dude is going to be a nightmare in the league. He's not going to get over 20 points on a daily basis, but all the other positive things he does on the court is just so great. I wish he got a chance to play with Kyle. Kyle would have loved playing with him. Team high +29. He's a rockstar.

I felt so bad for OG man. I think he wanted to relish the opportunity of being the guy, like he did in preseason. But he's just not cut out for it. He needs Pascal to take most of the pressure off of him. But still some awesome defense from him. Just look at Jaylen's line.

Trent had a great game. I'm not a big fan of his, but he was a difference maker last night. What I liked especially was he didn't take too many jump shots. He played within the offense. That's great for his development if he keeps that up. And Claw, I see what you mean. But I need that sample size to grow before I become a believer.

And I love that Pritchard didn't go off on us lol. Smart also had zero points.

I hope the refs continue to let the Raptors play defense. Last season we'd have multiple guys fouling out as Tatum would stiff arm them out of the way, or we'd get a ticky tack foul on a deflection, etc. Celtics only went to the line 11 times last night, and we only collectively as a team had 13 fouls. Nobody was in foul trouble (Trent had the most fouls with 3).

With the back to back tonight, was thinking we'd see more from the C-team. But Dragic only got 12 minutes himself. Hopefully Nick "Thibodeau" doesn't run some our guys into the ground so early into the season.

Comment

• [URL]https://youtu.be/uszyleTMoes

Udoka made a good comment when talking about Boston playing in a crowd, " When you have drawn 2 you have done your job". Fred and especially OG hopefully listen to that.

Comment

. I wonder, did masai and/or webster step in and flat out tell Nurse to start trent over dragic?
                              It isn’t baseball so I doubt they would do that to the coach but everyone saw this wasn’t working so I imagine Nurse heard about this from various quarters. I’m sure Dragic gave the okay as well.

Comment

• Great 2-way game for Trent.

This team basketball approach is refreshing, and it looks beautiful when it works. It's the complete antithesis of slow iso sets in the half court. It's the way Pascal used to play on his MIP year. I hope he goes back to playing that style when he returns (which is the style the team seems to be going for right now).

My starters right now: Fred-Trent-Scottie-OG-Achiuwa
                                Then Later: Fred-Scottie-OG-Pascal-Achiuwa

Comment

Working...
                                X