Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 18: Toronto Raptors @ Golden State Warriors - Sunday Nov 21st 8:30pm ET - Sportsnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Yea it kinda has been tough going for the last couple games. Kinda wondering if the first west coast swing tough on a young dude. Hope it's more getting used to the road then living it up on the coast
    It's not the west coast swing.
    it's the Siakam swing
    The kid looks lost out there.
    He doesn't seem know what his role is now

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    These Raptors have to play aggresive defense. Because if they play conservative defense they are not going to survive with their shitty offense. They need to generate more possessions and run more because it's already expected their overall FG% will be low. If they play slow half court conservative defense all of the sudden we just have a bunch of shitty offensive players playing soft defense.
    very good point.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

That's the point. We are constantly in rotation from the first action, almost by design. Or better, call it scrambling. That's exactly what the offense wants you to do, because no team can rotate perfectly... you will blow rotations. A team with great ball movement (i.e. Warriors) really exposes that.
    Or they need to play better and not make excuses

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    part of the issue is defence right now the other problem is gary going 3/13 in the first half.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    These Raptors have to play aggresive defense. Because if they play conservative defense they are not going to survive with their shitty offense. They need to generate more possessions and run more because it's already expected their overall FG% will be low. If they play slow half court conservative defense all of the sudden we just have a bunch of shitty offensive players playing soft defense.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Aggression is not what hurting Raptors. They are not rotating properly.
    That's the point. We are constantly in rotation from the first action, almost by design. Or better, call it scrambling. That's exactly what the offense wants you to do, because no team can rotate perfectly... you will blow rotations. A team with great ball movement (i.e. Warriors) really exposes that.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Steph prepared on this game…he knew Nurse will throw some janky double team on him so he passes the ball before a double team can even set position on him. He either passes an assist or a hockey assist leading to a successful possession

Unlike our poor man version of him….he dribbles the ball for 18 seconds running around and passes the hot potato

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Nah. I think the goal is to be hyper-aggressive on defense to generate offense. Problem is that NBA players are too good at shooting 3's now. Also, teams know what the Raptors are trying to do and they can use that aggression against us with some well-known counters and quick swing passes.
    Aggression is not what hurting Raptors. They are not rotating properly.

Leave a comment:

replied
    There were a couple times were Birch singlehandedly saved a defensive possession only for the Warriors to scoop up the ball cause no one was there to help him rebound lol

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Not great but still fixable.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    What a play by Scottie

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Some coaches don't like switching defense because it requires a lot more communication. I think the team is just inexperienced
    Nah. I think the goal is to be hyper-aggressive on defense to generate offense. Problem is that NBA players are too good at shooting 3's now. Also, teams know what the Raptors are trying to do and they can use that aggression against us with some well-known counters and quick swing passes.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I feel like we give up a lot more open shots than we used to. Which is weird because I thought our model of lengthy defenders and switching everything was supposed to reduce open shots 🤔
    Some coaches don't like switching defense because it requires a lot more communication. I think the team is just inexperienced

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Yea it kinda has been tough going for the last couple games. Kinda wondering if the first west coast swing tough on a young dude. Hope it's more getting used to the toad then living it up on the coast
    He's overthinking everything. Not playing free and with energy or aggression anymore. Looks a bit shook, tbh.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    They yet again overhelped on a driving Draymond Green knowing by common sense that this guy is 100 years old and his mentality is to pass the ball to a corner three point shooter

its a like a rewind watching over and over the same mistake

Nick Nurse once innovative defense is obsolete.

So disgusting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X