No announcement yet.

Game Twenty - Raptors at Pacers - Friday, Nov. 26th 8:00pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our defence is ultra aggressive and opposing teams are exploiting that. We bite on pump fakes, gamble for steals, press up on ball handlers above the break, etc…. There’s a fine line between being aggressive and putting yourself out of position.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Our defence is ultra aggressive and opposing teams are exploiting that. We bite on pump fakes, gamble for steals, press up on ball handlers above the break, etc…. There’s a fine line between being aggressive and putting yourself out of position.
      Our defense is aggressive, but all of that comes down to experience and IQ.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Our defense is aggressive, but all of that comes down to experience and IQ.
        All teachable too.

Comment

• I know there's a lot of numbers guys here. I'm just curious, what was the Raptors defensive numbers earlier in the season? before Siakam returned to the lineup? I don't remember it being this bad.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            I know there's a lot of numbers guys here. I'm just curious, what was the Raptors defensive numbers earlier in the season? before Siakam returned to the lineup? I don't remember it being this bad.
            6th best and now they are dead last
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              I know there's a lot of numbers guys here. I'm just curious, what was the Raptors defensive numbers earlier in the season? before Siakam returned to the lineup? I don't remember it being this bad.
              Could be wrong but I remember reading they were around 6th in defense and now are in the 20s. I don't blame Siakam only but he hasn't been good outside of second half of the Grizzlies game.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

The Fred, Gary, Scottie, OG and Precious lineup was definitely the best defensively. Going small with OG and Pascal hasn't worked and going with Pascal and Precious/Birch hasn't been good.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Interesting....
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think we're at an Indiana level about now. We beat them when they were missing a core piece and they did the same to us. Hopefully the difference is that they might be maxing out at five 8/10 players we might have one that goes to 11 (Spinal Tap reference intended)

Comment

• Siakam's defence has regressed significantly

Comment

• good game going on in LA.

Comment

• great game in LA

Comment

• Pretty sad that some of you are blaming Siakam for all the defensive issues, outside of one half of one game he has been mostly excellent. Shows a distinct lack of basic understanding of how much ground he is forced to try and cover. You don't suppose the drop in defense has, ummmm, I don't know, a lot to do with our best defensive player being out and our starting center being out?
                            Wow.

Comment

• Maybe it was a good thing I didn’t have a chance to catch this game. Sounds like it was a stinker from reading this thread.

We have the talent to compete much harder that the score implies. The problem seems to be the system and how hard of an adjustment it is for the players to perform well within it. I’m not saying they should abandon it, but they could definitely have won a few more games if they used a simper system. All about the bigger picture this season.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                                Pretty sad that some of you are blaming Siakam for all the defensive issues, outside of one half of one game he has been mostly excellent. Shows a distinct lack of basic understanding of how much ground he is forced to try and cover. You don't suppose the drop in defense has, ummmm, I don't know, a lot to do with our best defensive player being out and our starting center being out?
                                Wow.
                                I mean even in the games OG played with Siakam, the defense wasn't good. Probably at its worst in the Detroit and Portland games, but I say thats more of a lineup issue with Fred, Trent, Scottie, OG and Pascal. Precious has shown to be a pretty good rim protector and Birch does a lot of good things as well. When they're all healthy, we go back to the problem of who do we bench. Scottie or Gary.

I don't really blame Siakam since the team defense hasn't been good, but you can see why people are pointing at Siakam since the defense was 6th and fell hard when he returned.

Comment

Working...
                                X