Game Twenty Seven Kings at Raptors Monday December 13th 7pm on TSN4/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Embiid has mentioned the Raptors before too, how Raptors double and triple team him and don't let up until he is forced to pass or take a tough shot compared to other teams who throw soft double or triple teams to try and scare him but eventually back off.
    All of this, would love to see what they can do with scottie, siakam, and og together........

Comment

• All I want for Christmas is for the Raptors to get to play the Kings every week or so to get their confidence up. What a disaster of a team.

Fun game, good effort up and down the roster.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Giving Justin Champagnie some props ... he is a player ... out works/hustles against the oppo consistently. Hard to put a finger on a comparison with his rebounding and defense but PJ Tucker comes to mind (size and bulldog mentality). And he has a brother probably in the next draft.

Comment

• 53 points from the bench! That was the best thing that could have happened. Pascal and Fred weren't really that great to be honest, but the rest of the team just delivered. Boucher had an awesome game. When he gets minutes he produces. Really raised his trade value - woohoo!

Scottie was all over the place. I think I counted 7 blocks, but they gave him 5. So happy for Malachi. He was feeling it, and was putting on a show. Love that we are giving Champagnie minutes. He was always in the right spots to clean up our messes. Yuta brought in a lot of energy. Had a double-double. Svi hit both his 3's.

The Kings looked like a hot mess. I mean we started on a 11-0 run, and the brought it back to 11-10. Felt really reminiscent of that Knicks game. But the Raps hung in there, played really solid defense. Ran the ball down their throats, and won handily.

Starters got a lot rest before the second game in a row. Hope they bring that same energy/intensity into tonight.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            53 points from the bench! That was the best thing that could have happened. Pascal and Fred weren't really that great to be honest, but the rest of the team just delivered. Boucher had an awesome game. When he gets minutes he produces. Really raised his trade value - woohoo!

Scottie was all over the place. I think I counted 7 blocks, but they gave him 5. So happy for Malachi. He was feeling it, and was putting on a show. Love that we are giving Champagnie minutes. He was always in the right spots to clean up our messes. Yuta brought in a lot of energy. Had a double-double. Svi hit both his 3's.

The Kings looked like a hot mess. I mean we started on a 11-0 run, and the brought it back to 11-10. Felt really reminiscent of that Knicks game. But the Raps hung in there, played really solid defense. Ran the ball down their throats, and won handily.

Starters got a lot rest before the second game in a row. Hope they bring that same energy/intensity into tonight.
            Boucher minutes splits from last year. He does indeed produce (and get more efficient) when he gets more minutes. It's actually pretty crazy.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Boucher minutes splits from last year. He does indeed produce (and get more efficient) when he gets more minutes. It's actually pretty crazy.

ORTG of 142 vs 121 is a huge jump. But he's likely not going to get 30mpg anywhere in this league. Unless he can join a bad team like OKC or Orlando, and those teams are willing to give him some playing time (I mean he is already 28 years old).

Malachi seems to be similar. Give him more minutes and freedom to make mistakes, and he looks a lot better.

Comment

• Hear Durant is out for tonight's game.

Comment

Makes sense that he gets a lot more easy looks and opportunities in games where he plays more minutes with starters as opposed to the ones where he is getting minutes with the second unit. I'd imagine that applies to all the players.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Makes sense that he gets a lot more easy looks and opportunities in games where he plays more minutes with starters as opposed to the ones where he is getting minutes with the second unit. I'd imagine that applies to all the players.
                    You would think that, but Boucher was waaay more efficient in the bench role last year.

Comment

You would think that, but Boucher was waaay more efficient in the bench role last year.

Probably need a bit more information or reference to go along with those numbers. Last year was a weird year and if he was starting there is a good chance he was starting because a bunch of the regular starters were out with COVID, or soft tank syndrome. In which case he was starting along side other bench players. And the games he was a reserve he may have actually had better players around him. Last season was just messed up for so many reasons, it's hard to pull any reliable information from it without looking more closely at the data.

Comment

• always good times playing an alvin gentry coached defense. i hope they do the kangz thing and take the interim tag off, give him a few years to develop their young'ins. then i hope they move toronto to the pacific division.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Yuta works almost anywhere. Dude is just a solid bench player
                          Yeah, NN pretty much said this exact thing in his post game interview. Actually said he's the first guy off the bench for him right now.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Giving Justin Champagnie some props ... he is a player ... out works/hustles against the oppo consistently. Hard to put a finger on a comparison with his rebounding and defense but PJ Tucker comes to mind (size and bulldog mentality). And he has a brother probably in the next draft.
                            I was thinking Shawn Marion yesterday. Both plays the big man/hustle game via athleticism, and the the perimeter/wing game with a diverse skillset/acumen. Poor man's version so shades of...Jamario Moon?
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Dec 14, 2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Probably need a bit more information or reference to go along with those numbers. Last year was a weird year and if he was starting there is a good chance he was starting because a bunch of the regular starters were out with COVID, or soft tank syndrome. In which case he was starting along side other bench players. And the games he was a reserve he may have actually had better players around him. Last season was just messed up for so many reasons, it's hard to pull any reliable information from it without looking more closely at the data.
                              Nah, it jives with the eye test. When Boucher came off the bench, he injected a ton of energy, was able to handle the ball a little bit and had a freedom to launch those 3s. When he started, he was passive and only looking for offensive rebounds. Basically, he was more involved in the offense as a bench guy out of necessity. The trend of Boucher being more efficient with more minutes wasn't just last year either. It was a continuation from 2019-20.

Comment

• I suspect the efficiency vs minutes causation is the opposite of what is being assumed here. He didn't play better with more minutes, he got more minutes when he was playing well.

That said, I agree with the general assertion that players should be able to play better, force less, play more in rhythm and let the game come to them when they are not playing limited stints or getting yanked at their first mistake.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X