The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Amar'e and Monroe are two pretty different pieces, especially offensively. Amar'e was a p'n'r nightmare who could face up in the mid post. Monroe is firmly a low-post player, and much better passer than Amar'e ever was. At least offensively, Monroe could be a very very good fit if they're still looking to run a triangle. He's also bigger and stronger than Amar'e.

Not saying it's a great plan, but to me Monroe's a good fit for what they want to do. Maybe a better fit than Melo in terms of building a core that fits the triangle.
    In a triangle Monroe might be a functional passer but Melo doesn't move without the ball and Monroe can't score anywhere but in the low post. A triangle offense with two fixed points seems unlikely to work. Amare didn't run PnR with the Knicks; they never had a PG

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      [IMG][/IMG]

Get a DLeague team and my vote is squarely on George Lucas.
      He was making shots but I sure don't like his guide hand. His follow through makes it look like he is shooting with two hands.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        He was making shots but I sure don't like his guide hand. His follow through makes it look like he is shooting with two hands.
        Well he kind of is.

His arms and hands are massive! Lol

It is the defense that I like most about him.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          In a triangle Monroe might be a functional passer but Melo doesn't move without the ball and Monroe can't score anywhere but in the low post. A triangle offense with two fixed points seems unlikely to work. Amare didn't run PnR with the Knicks; they never had a PG
          On Amar'e...that's not his fault. It doesn't change that was probably his biggest strength. But no PG and no knees fucked that. He was just done most of his time in NYK. But even if he wasn't, think Monroe is a better fit for the triangle.

I don't disagree on Monroe and Melo...but mostly in regards to Melo. He's a very ball-dominant, offence-freezing player and I'm not sure how well a triangle would work with most combinations of guys around him, especially since he poses defensive issues as well. Not sure it was a good idea bringing him back. But hey, it's the Knicks.

Comment

• The 2012-2013 Knicks won 54 games.. that team had Melo, Amare, Chandler, Kidd, JR Smith and not much else.

Knicks could assemble a similar squad via free agency/draft. Let's say they get DeAndre Jordan, Rajon Rondo and draft Towns. Melo can then go ISO all day, and Rondo/Jordan can help defend the ball. THJR is a decent 3pt shooter and will create more spacing. That's a starting rotation that should be able to get into the playoffs in the East.

I don't think the 2016 pick will be as good as most think it will.

Comment

• I see Winslow having MKG type of career, overly hyped but only plays tough defense but no offensive game to his arsenal. Town is an interesting player, can see him lasting longer than Andrew Bynum. Okafor is the real deal alongside with Mudiay and D'Angelo Russell. Stanley Johnson won't shine until his 3rd or 4th year. Turner could be injured in his first season due to his knee problem. I see some darkhorse late rounder players having a better rookie season in Stein, Portis, RJ Hunter, and Delon Wright. And I was wondering if there's any Nikola Mirotic 2.0 in this year's draft (perhaps, Luka Mitrovic or Alexandar Vezenkov). As for Porzingis, Hezonja, and Kaminsky, I see them as busts or shine but probably not right away.
              Last edited by tenforthewin; Tue Apr 14, 2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                I see Winslow having MKG type of career, overly hyped but only plays tough defense but no offensive game to his arsenal. Town is an interesting player, can see him lasting longer than Andrew Bynum. Okafor is the real deal alongside with Mudiay and D'Angelo Russell. Stanley Johnson won't shine until his 3rd or 4th year. Turner could be injured in his first season due to his knee problem. I see some darkhorse late rounder players having a better rookie season in Stein, Portis, RJ Hunter, and Delon Wright. And I was wondering if there's any Nikola Mirotic 2.0 in this year's draft (perhaps, Luka Mitrovic or Alexandar Vezenkov). As for Porzingis, Hezonja, and Kaminsky, I see them as busts or shine but probably not right away.
                What are you talking about?

Winslow can shoot it much better than MKG will ever
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  What are you talking about?

Winslow can shoot it much better than MKG will ever
                  Yup, Winslow can actually shoot the college 3. MKG never was able to.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                    Yup, Winslow can actually shoot the college 3. MKG never was able to.
                    In all fairness MKG never faced the right way on his jumper. Now that he isn't shooting at 90 degree angles he looks better

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      The 2012-2013 Knicks won 54 games.. that team had Melo, Amare, Chandler, Kidd, JR Smith and not much else.

Knicks could assemble a similar squad via free agency/draft. Let's say they get DeAndre Jordan, Rajon Rondo and draft Towns. Melo can then go ISO all day, and Rondo/Jordan can help defend the ball. THJR is a decent 3pt shooter and will create more spacing. That's a starting rotation that should be able to get into the playoffs in the East.

I don't think the 2016 pick will be as good as most think it will.
                      I just dont see it. First off, they would have to overpay for all those guys, which is very stupid. Even with those guys, they top out at mediocre.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        I just dont see it. First off, they would have to overpay for all those guys, which is very stupid. Even with those guys, they top out at mediocre.
                        Which sounds exactly like something the Knicks would do.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          I've had this same discussion before.. it's not so much about whether the Knicks will be successful in 2-3-4 years.. its how successful they will be next year, when the Raptors own their draft pick. I think they could create a team good enough in the short term that makes the pick lousy/mediocre for Toronto.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I've had this same discussion before.. it's not so much about whether the Knicks will be successful in 2-3-4 years.. its how successful they will be next year, when the Raptors own their draft pick. I think they could create a team good enough in the short term that makes the pick lousy/mediocre for Toronto.
                            They would need a team to beat the Celtics and Bucks and a healthy Heat, Piston and Hornets from scraps

Comment

• Strengths: Intelligent point guard with a great basketball IQ and feel for the game ... At 6-foot-3, has good height for the position ... Scoring point guard who can mix things up with strong passing abilities ... Has the ability to shoot and finish off the dribble ... Can knock down 3-pointers without much room from his defender ... Has nice range on his shot ... Capable of pulling up from different spots on the floor and knocking down mid-range shots ... Shooting mechanics are consistent ... Possesses a nice floater and runner in the paint ... Quick release and good elevation on his jump shots ... Shooting efficiency from mid-range and 3-point range jumped across the board from his freshman season ... Can operate very well out of pick-and-rolls in half court offense ... In pick-and-roll situations, he’s shown the ability to take his man off of the dribble or pull up for a jump shot ... Outstanding court vision and awareness on offense ... Is a playmaker ... Terrific assist-to-turnover ratio ... Able to make quick and sharp passes while on the move ... Quality ball-handling skills and keeps the ball low when dribbling ... Very quick with and without the ball (in half court or transition) ... Able to change paces well off the dribble ... Shifty player who can find angles in a defense ... Is savvy and creative with the ball off the dribble ... Can get in the paint and uses his creativity when scoring ... Has a variety of moves when he finishes at the basket ... Creates offense for himself and for teammates ... Up tempo player who looks to set up his teammates before defenses can set up ... Timely and accurate passer (likes to make “thread the needle” passes) ... Always looks to make entry passes to his bigs and keep them involved ... Finds open shooters out on the perimeter ... Defensively, he has quick hands and reacts well in the passing lanes (averaged 1.9 steals per game) ... Pesky defender who has a nose for the ball … Uses his length and timing/anticipation well in passing lanes and can cleanly strip opposing players ... Can move well laterally ... Solid one-on-one defender ... Is good at staying in front of opposing guards off of the dribble ... Intense and fearless player with killer instincts and controlled aggression ... Takes and makes big shots ... Can takeover a game and will his team to a win ... Shows the leadership qualities that you would want from your starting point guard ... Very confident player ...

Cameron Payne

Kaleb tar is returning to school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                Strengths: Intelligent point guard with a great basketball IQ and feel for the game ... At 6-foot-3, has good height for the position ... Scoring point guard who can mix things up with strong passing abilities ... Has the ability to shoot and finish off the dribble ... Can knock down 3-pointers without much room from his defender ... Has nice range on his shot ... Capable of pulling up from different spots on the floor and knocking down mid-range shots ... Shooting mechanics are consistent ... Possesses a nice floater and runner in the paint ... Quick release and good elevation on his jump shots ... Shooting efficiency from mid-range and 3-point range jumped across the board from his freshman season ... Can operate very well out of pick-and-rolls in half court offense ... In pick-and-roll situations, he’s shown the ability to take his man off of the dribble or pull up for a jump shot ... Outstanding court vision and awareness on offense ... Is a playmaker ... Terrific assist-to-turnover ratio ... Able to make quick and sharp passes while on the move ... Quality ball-handling skills and keeps the ball low when dribbling ... Very quick with and without the ball (in half court or transition) ... Able to change paces well off the dribble ... Shifty player who can find angles in a defense ... Is savvy and creative with the ball off the dribble ... Can get in the paint and uses his creativity when scoring ... Has a variety of moves when he finishes at the basket ... Creates offense for himself and for teammates ... Up tempo player who looks to set up his teammates before defenses can set up ... Timely and accurate passer (likes to make “thread the needle” passes) ... Always looks to make entry passes to his bigs and keep them involved ... Finds open shooters out on the perimeter ... Defensively, he has quick hands and reacts well in the passing lanes (averaged 1.9 steals per game) ... Pesky defender who has a nose for the ball … Uses his length and timing/anticipation well in passing lanes and can cleanly strip opposing players ... Can move well laterally ... Solid one-on-one defender ... Is good at staying in front of opposing guards off of the dribble ... Intense and fearless player with killer instincts and controlled aggression ... Takes and makes big shots ... Can takeover a game and will his team to a win ... Shows the leadership qualities that you would want from your starting point guard ... Very confident player ...

Cameron Payne

Kaleb tar is returning to school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Weaknesses?

Draftexpress has him listed 6'2" 180. He does seem like a promising young playmaker, will love to see his combine measurements and his predraft workouts.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X