X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Only a little and I wasn't impressed.

Statistically he isn't anything major either
    At least for last year the stats can largely be attributed to playing at Kentucky with some of the best players in college. Also Cal didn't really let the bigs show off what they can do. Towns is so much more versatile than he appeared in college. Not to say that WCS doesn't have question marks but I think he will be a hell of a lot better than you think he will be. He could be a monster on defense. Also his mid range shot isn't that bad from what I have heard.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      2nd round sleepers:

Rakeem Christmas
      Jonathan Holmes
      Tyler Harvey
      Christmas is kind of interesting to me. he'll never be a starter i don't think but i do see him being a slightly more skilled Psycho T.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Question for you guys that follow NCAA and the draft a lot closer than I do: How deep does this years first round look in comparison to last year? Any sleepers that could turn into a Faried or a Draymond Green back where we're picking?
        big or any player?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          big or any player?
          Any player. I need to get excited about a rookie again
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            At least for last year the stats can largely be attributed to playing at Kentucky with some of the best players in college. Also Cal didn't really let the bigs show off what they can do. Towns is so much more versatile than he appeared in college. Not to say that WCS doesn't have question marks but I think he will be a hell of a lot better than you think he will be. He could be a monster on defense. Also his mid range shot isn't that bad from what I have heard.
            Cal also preferred to play Lyles over WCS at times...

Comment

• Chad's new Mock Draft has Raptors picking

Rashad Vaughn

With Lou Williams hitting free agency this summer, the Raptors can use some scoring off the bench and few players in this draft get their shot as easily as Vaughn does. A recent workout in Santa Monica where he shot the lights out reiterated that he might be one of the more underrated players in the draft. Grant, Wright,Rondae Hollis-Jefferson,*Christian Wood*and*Terry Rozier*are other players that could fit for Toronto.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Chad's new Mock Draft has Raptors picking

Rashad Vaughn

With Lou Williams hitting free agency this summer, the Raptors can use some scoring off the bench and few players in this draft get their shot as easily as Vaughn does. A recent workout in Santa Monica where he shot the lights out reiterated that he might be one of the more underrated players in the draft. Grant, Wright,Rondae Hollis-Jefferson,*Christian Wood*and*Terry Rozier*are other players that could fit for Toronto.
                I haven't really seen Vaugh play, but does he play like a chucker? I don't want a guy to "replace" Lou Williams in that sense. I want the team to actually start playing team offence, and chuckers make that harder.

Comment

• Scoring off the bench is such a low priority for me right now, and I hope it is for the Raptors too. A guy that can creat shots for others and provide competent defence off the bench? That would get my attention.

Comment

• I've done a bit of research on Vaughn ever since I heard he was coming in for a workout. This seems like another Bruno type pick to me. I. Believe Lou Will will be back. I think you draft Vaughn here and let him mature with the rest of out projects.

The kid can score from everywhere on the court and is only 18 years young. Wont turn 19 till August I believe.

This would also be a sign that Ross would be done in Toronto. Rashad and Ross similar player except one is 24 and the other is 18.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• i'm super wary of guys who are inefficient in college. i'd pass on Vaughn unless there's a good reason as to why he was so meh.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        i'm super wary of guys who are inefficient in college. i'd pass on Vaughn unless there's a good reason as to why he was so meh.
                        Ah, inefficiency...that can be tied to being a "chucker"....

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I've done a bit of research on Vaughn ever since I heard he was coming in for a workout. This seems like another Bruno type pick to me. I. Believe Lou Will will be back. I think you draft Vaughn here and let him mature with the rest of out projects.

The kid can score from everywhere on the court and is only 18 years young. Wont turn 19 till August I believe.

This would also be a sign that Ross would be done in Toronto. Rashad and Ross similar player except one is 24 and the other is 18.
                          That's fine if he's developed properly. Someone who can score from everywhere is good. The question is can he do so within a team concept, without being a selfish scorer.

*Sidenote: I do not want Lou back. I didn't want him here in the first place. He was better than I expected (gets too much blame for the iso-ball), but don't see the need to bring him back.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Any player. I need to get excited about a rookie again
                            draft kind of sucks after 14 or so. maybe a guy like Oubre falls to us but probably not.

- i kind of like Looney. for some reason i have a deep ingrained feeling he'll be a much better pro than he was a college player.
                            - i really like Delon Wright. outside of the age thing i don't get why he's mocked so low by everyone. to me, personally, he should be the pick at #20 if we don't trade up or someone falls for some reason. regardless of what happens with Lowry.
                            - Lucas is really intriguing but i think you'd be better off trading down for him.
                            - Woods has a ton of potential but he's a project, and that's IF he even gets it. i'm all for swinging for the fences at this range though.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Cal also preferred to play Lyles over WCS at times...
                              Cal has said multiple times his motive this season wasn't winning, it was developping the guys that were gonna go to the NBA the next season.

Comment

• the more i read up on justin anderson the more i like him. seems like he could develop into a really good 3 and D player.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X