Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    No to Lyles. I wouldn't even consider it
    Really? What am I missing in what I'm seeing with Lyles? He's pretty mobile, can stretch the floor, and has legit size. At 20 that's value. At 12 (if we're talking about the trade scenario mentioned) wouldn't that be a hard look? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      Really? What am I missing in what I'm seeing with Lyles? He's pretty mobile, can stretch the floor, and has legit size. At 20 that's value. At 12 (if we're talking about the trade scenario mentioned) wouldn't that be a hard look? I feel like I'm missing something here.
      At 12 it would be flat out terrible to take him because Turner/Kaminsky are both superior in every way other than Kaminsky's ceiling.

I'm not sure why everyone's so infatuated by Lyles. He's just not a skilled player. Other than his ability to stretch the floor he's not good offensively, as he has no post game and no dribble game, and defensively he's flat out bad, and doesn't even have the potential definitely like other guys heo aren't good yet but can be with time (for example George Lucas). He's a below average rebounder, not overly athletic, not fast or overly agile. Not to mention that he's very weak. Other than the fact that he's tall, can shoot and is canadian, I don't get the hype at all.

To me his ceiling is a decent back up stretch four.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        At 12 it would be flat out terrible to take him because Turner/Kaminsky are both superior in every way other than Kaminsky's ceiling.

I'm not sure why everyone's so infatuated by Lyles. He's just not a skilled player. Other than his ability to stretch the floor he's not good offensively, as he has no post game and no dribble game, and defensively he's flat out bad, and doesn't even have the potential definitely like other guys heo aren't good yet but can be with time (for example George Lucas). He's a below average rebounder, not overly athletic, not fast or overly agile. Not to mention that he's very weak. Other than the fact that he's tall, can shoot and is canadian, I don't get the hype at all.

To me his ceiling is a decent back up stretch four.
        stretch four would imply he could shoot from deep, which he can't
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          stretch four would imply he could shoot from deep, which he can't
          Hence decent, he'll never be a good stretch four

Comment

• Draftexpress new mock draft:

Kevon Looney

With Amir Johnson entering free agency, the power forward position is one the Raptors could clearly look to address in this draft. Looney was projected as a top-10 pick by some outlets for most of the year and has good value at this spot. His length and perimeter shooting ability could be intriguing at this part of the draft

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3bwpQQ0sg
            http://www.draftexpress.com
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Derozan for the number 6-8 (don't care which) and draft Hezonja or Winslow either of which we can build around.

Comment

• Rustyy wrote: View Post
                Derozan for the number 6-8 (don't care which) and draft Hezonja or Winslow either of which we can build around.
                You want to build around JR smith 2.0?
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Looney of Wood if we're drafting a PF.

Less of a gamble than Bruno, but still a fairly big swing for potential, which is good for the 20th pick.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Tomorrow's workout going to be huge. Anderson/RHS/Vaughn who ever has the best work could end uo being the pick.

If Vaughn goes in there and cooks RHS!? How often do you get to draft an 18 year old as polished as this at 20? With perfect size for the position. His also a solid defender. Also seems very self motivated in all his interviews.

His game reminds me a lot of Bradley Beal.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      You want to build around JR smith 2.0?
                      Both have more potential than DD. which one are you calling jr smith 2.0?

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        Looney of Wood if we're drafting a PF.

Less of a gamble than Bruno, but still a fairly big swing for potential, which is good for the 20th pick.
                        With having a D League team in place, that makes drafting at the end of the draft and in the second round so much more valuable. Swing for potential. Those are the two guys I'm absolutely highest on that will be in our range (Wood especially since I really doubt Looney falls down that low so I haven't looked into him that much).
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Both have more potential than DD. which one are you calling jr smith 2.0?
                          Hezonja, the guy is way too cocky and will be humbled big time in the NBA.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Hezonja, the guy is way too cocky and will be humbled big time in the NBA.
                            Cocky can be good. You need attitude and will to win. Unlike 90% of Toronto guys. Him and Lowry would make a better backcourt than him and Derozan.

Plus, he's cocky for a reason. He's good.

Comment

Him and Lowry would make a better backcourt than him and Derozan.

Pretty big assumption there. Considering demar and Lowry were generally considered one of the top tandems.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                Looney of Wood if we're drafting a PF.

100% right....all in on Looney or Wood with Harrell as a distant fallback.

Comment

Working...
                                X