The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Pretty big assumption there. Considering demar and Lowry were generally considered one of the top tandems.
    Demar can't shoot the 3, and all he tries to do now is contested jumpers. Someone like Hezonja can come in shoot 3s, take defenses apart and drive and dunk. Demar seems scared to dunk now.

Comment

• At the end of the day this is still my guy

https://youtu.be/6jysyufxZq0
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Tristan Thompson with a jumper

https://youtu.be/s0gJAmi24EQ

https://youtu.be/-fi6h1IPH1w
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Rustyy wrote: View Post
          Demar can't shoot the 3, and all he tries to do now is contested jumpers. Someone like Hezonja can come in shoot 3s, take defenses apart and drive and dunk. Demar seems scared to dunk now.
          Done and done. Sounds like we have a goat. Can't miss.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Hezonja, the guy is way too cocky and will be humbled big time in the NBA.
            He does have bust written all over him. When was the last time a guy from Europe truly succeeded at the 2 spot? In saying that, no one believed in Kukoc or Dirk before they made it happen. I don't know if he'll ever be a star, Id prefer Winslow. But who knows, he'll probably be better than Bruno regardless. He has a great shot and athleticism, Bobby Sura 2.0. maybe?

Comment

• IwishIwasZachLowe wrote: View Post
              He does have bust written all over him. When was the last time a guy from Europe truly succeeded at the 2 spot? In saying that, no one believed in Kukoc or Dirk before they made it happen. I don't know if he'll ever be a star, Id prefer Winslow. But who knows, he'll probably be better than Bruno regardless. He has a great shot and athleticism, Bobby Sura 2.0. maybe?
              Sura 2.0 wouldn't be bad value at 20.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Tomorrow's workout going to be huge. Anderson/RHS/Vaughn who ever has the best work could end uo being the pick.

If Vaughn goes in there and cooks RHS!? How often do you get to draft an 18 year old as polished as this at 20? With perfect size for the position. His also a solid defender. Also seems very self motivated in all his interviews.

His game reminds me a lot of Bradley Beal.
                i like anderson the best of all of them, by far.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Sura 2.0 wouldn't be bad value at 20.
                  He won't be there at 20, Hezonja is apparently going top 10 for sure.

Comment

• Here are the no. 20 draft picks in recent drafts:

2014:BRUNNOOOO
                    2013: Tony Snell
                    2012: Evan Fournier
                    2011: D Monteniujas
                    2010: James Anderson
                    2009: Eric Maynor
                    2008: Alexis Ajinca
                    2007: Jason Smith
                    2006: Renaldo best hair due in NBA history Balkman, Lowry went 24th
                    2005: Julius Hodge
                    2004: Jameer Nelson

So we're probably going to draft the next Yogi Stewart with this pick.

Comment

• All the more reason to trade up to get top 10 talent.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        You want to build around JR smith 2.0?
                        Neither of those guys has the makings of a JR smith.

Comment

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...petrodr01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...marcisa01.html

And both those guys were 25 yrs old before they played their first NBA game. Mario isn't as skilled as them yet and may never be, but it's safe to say he's more athletic.
                          Last edited by Mess; Wed Jun 3, 2015, 01:27 PM.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Here are the no. 20 draft picks in recent drafts:

2014:BRUNNOOOO
                            2013: Tony Snell
                            2012: Evan Fournier
                            2011: D Monteniujas
                            2010: James Anderson
                            2009: Eric Maynor
                            2008: Alexis Ajinca
                            2007: Jason Smith
                            2006: Renaldo best hair due in NBA history Balkman, Lowry went 24th
                            2005: Julius Hodge
                            2004: Jameer Nelson

So we're probably going to draft the next Yogi Stewart with this pick.
                            As long as we don't re-sign him to a 6-year/$24M deal. That's still gotta be the worst signing in Raptors history (yes, worse than Turkoglu).

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              http://www.basketball-reference.com/...petrodr01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...marcisa01.html

And both those guys were 25 yrs old before they played their first NBA game. Mario isn't as skilled as them yet and may never be, but it's safe to say he's more athletic.
                              He's more athletic than Drazen. The point about the age is true though. Anyone who drafts him should wait atleast 2-3 years to bring him over, Mario barely plays for Barcelona, he needs more experience in Europe. It's a good stash pick but do you think it's smart for a crap team like Denver lets say to burn such a high pick on him? I guess Philly did it last year with Saric but he was higher at 13 I think. I think Dario Saric will have a bigger impact on the NBA than Hezonja ever will, I'd be hesitant to take Hezonja in the top 10.

Comment

• Needless to say, Hezonja will never be as good as Petrovic.

Comment

Working...
                                X