No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrell sucks too. stop the Harrell nonsense.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i would move heaven and earth to get Juctise Winslow or Hezonja.

to me the Kings pick seems to be the sweet spot. aren't they trying to bring in a "star"?

pretty much guaranteed you'd be able to get Winslow, Hezonja or at the very least TRILL CAULEY STEIN
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p6zpck4

we also get their pick. draft Winslow or Hezonja. use #20 to get a guy like Jerian Grant. trade Vasquez to whoever will offer an expiring.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p6zpck4

we also get their pick. draft Winslow or Hezonja. use #20 to get a guy like Jerian Grant. trade Vasquez to whoever will offer an expiring.
          But Vasquez is an expiring...
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            It's been proven that this doesn't work. Why would you want them all back with a few rookies added in?
            Because you sign a star in 2016. I'm sure this team still has potential. Let's play JV, let's play Nogueira, Caboclo. Let's put Ross at the backup 2, and let's play PPat, Hansbrough and Lyles.

It's a little stepback to comeback stronger one year later, with another middle first round draft pick and a stud picked up in 2016 free agency (Durant, Barnes, Batum).
            Last edited by charlesnba23; Wed May 20, 2015, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              But Vasquez is an expiring...
              is he? i thought he was on for another year?

regardless i want his stupid ass gone.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Vasquez expiring and Casey as HC. Watch GV get minutes while jacking up Lou Williams shots in his contract year all while trying to pad assist numbers

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  Vasquez and Ross would be significant upgrades and might be enough to get the #4 pick. That's 2 solid players that would instantly become the 2nd and 3rd best players on the Knicks. (Shows how bad they really are). At this point the Knicks need NBA level talent, forget trying to get stars they literally have no nba talent
                  You have got to be kidding

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                    You have got to be kidding
                    Vasquez off the books at the end of the year and could be used as a trade chip. With Ross, you get a bunch of talent that hasn't yet materialized but could be very good and you get control when he becomes RFA.

Both Ross and Vasquez have lots of value in the league, both are poorly used in toronto. GV excels in the PNR and never gets to use it, Ross is forced to play at the 3 when he's obviously a natural 2. If anyone could get Ross to reach his potential you'd think Phil Jackson might be that guy. Ross' issue is all in his head.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

He's on for this coming year. So he's expiring. All the guys who were done after this past season have already expired. They can't be traded, so any player coming back in a Vasquez trade will have this coming year on their contract just like Vasquez, unless you can find a John Salmons special (unguaranteed contract) but that usually costs a first rounder.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Vasquez off the books at the end of the year and could be used as a trade chip. With Ross, you get a bunch of talent that hasn't yet materialized but could be very good and you get control when he becomes RFA.

Both Ross and Vasquez have lots of value in the league, both are poorly used in toronto. GV excels in the PNR and never gets to use it, Ross is forced to play at the 3 when he's obviously a natural 2. If anyone could get Ross to reach his potential you'd think Phil Jackson might be that guy. Ross' issue is all in his head.
                        Zero chance any team trades a lotto pick for that package, let alone a top 5 pick. Madness.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Go check out this trade
                          http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...OR-SAC-Tor-HOU

alot of u might like it
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

No, no, no and no.

I'll pay you a million dollars of an example where a top 5 pick was traded for a 5th option and a terrible back up PG.

Comment

• ^that was the most delusional thing ive ever heard
                              if we want to move up, the most likely situations are

ross to the suns at 13
                              the suns need shooting, and seem like a perfect fit for ross' game
                              they are among the leagues best in fast break points and play at a high pace, perfect for ross to have the confidence in his game he is so often lacking by getting more opportunities to dunk, and take pull up threes

patterson and 20 to the jazz at 12
                              they would benefit from some shooting in the frontcourt alongside gobert/favors, and have enough young talent already meaning they would likely prefer to bring in some vets to help crack the playoffs

lowry and 20 to the kings at 6
                              (likely needs another team involved or lots of moving spare parts/contracts)
                              the kings are tired of losing and need to show cousins theyre serious about it, that means bringing in guaranteed talent when they have the chance;lowry gives them someone who can compete against the tough point guards out west, and makes a solid 3 with rudy and cousins

derozan to the knicks at 4
                              the knicks cant afford to miss this year, without a pick next
                              they dont need to swing for a superstar talent because melo fills that role; instead they get a guarantee in demar on a good deal, who can be a legit 2nd option and the best scorer melo has played with in a long time
                              phil may be interested in demar as a kobe-lite

long shot- lowry, valanciunas to the lakers at 2
                              if the raps are confident in someone at the front, a deal like this could be very appealing to the lakers because it offers a benefit to winning now, and later. they get an allstar on a solid deal which may help attract another big free agent, and get valanciunas who could still be a potential allstar, and at worst is already a league average center to form the front court of the future in jv and randle

in my very unlikely dream world we manage to make as many of these deals as possible to get towns or okafor at 2, russel or mudiay at 4, winslow at 6, booker at 12 or 13

Comment

• https://youtu.be/tdsmGl5-huo

RHJ say he interviewed wit Toronto
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X