The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
    MU disagrees. In his latest interview he mentioned over 5 times how there is no talent in 20s pick and ...

How pissed RR will be if we traded this pick away ?
    Got a link for the latest interview? I'd like to hear the spin. He said similar stuff last year, basically prepping the fan base that we aren't getting a game changer at pick 20. Kinda strange from Masai though as he typically presents our assets as better than they are, e.g. Terrence Ross.

Comment

• What value would we get for the pick? It would likely be a package w/ TRoss right? Move up to 10-15 maybe if we wanted? Would need to find a suitor but I would rather Portis (14-18) than anyone likely available at 20.

Comment

• I can't wait until Masai picks someone that makes everyone go..."Who?"
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          MU disagrees. In his latest interview he mentioned over 5 times how there is no talent in 20s pick and ...

How pissed RR will be if we traded this pick away ?
          Depends upon who it was traded away for!

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            I can't wait until Masai picks someone that makes everyone go..."Who?"
            The Jamaican James Harden.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• BreakingBradStevens wrote: View Post
              What value would we get for the pick? It would likely be a package w/ TRoss right? Move up to 10-15 maybe if we wanted? Would need to find a suitor but I would rather Portis (14-18) than anyone likely available at 20.
              I think Masai will be super active on draft day trying to pull something off to move up and grab a potential star.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                The Jamaican James Harden.
                Is that the guy with the beard + dreadlocks?

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  Is that the guy with the beard + dreadlocks?
                  Yeah, and he always wears sunglasses to the games.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• That is Hawks stash Walter Tavarres getting the facial.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Who did the Raptors interview at this years draft combine?

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                          Who did the Raptors interview at this years draft combine?
                          http://www.basketballinsiders.com/20...tmeeting-list/

Apparently no one from the above and a quick google search.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            http://www.basketballinsiders.com/20...tmeeting-list/

Apparently no one from the above and a quick google search.
                            I knew it. We're drafting Korean MJ
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Chad Ford new Big Board

Hollis-Jefferson tested as, quite possibly, the best athlete at the combine. He scored a very good 38-inch maximum vertical and ranked in the top two on both lane agility and 3/4 court sprint scores. Combine that with terrific length, a great motor and all the intangible stuff and at the very worst, he looks like the sort of lockdown defender who could shut guys down at three positions on the floor. His shot is broken -- some teams believe it is beyond repair and that's why he's this low. But I heard a growing chorus of teams that said he deserves to be this high, or even higher (just like Willie Cauley-Stein) despite his offensive woes. His defense has the potential to be so special that he'll be worth it.
                              Anderson nailed the interview portion of the combine. "He's really an exceptional guy," one GM said. "I thought he was one of the most impressive people I interviewed." However, his shooting woes that began after he returned from injury at the ACC tournament continued when he shot 9-for-25 in the NBA 3-point drills. "I think he's going to be closer to the Anderson we saw as a sophomore than the one we saw as a junior," when it comes to NBA 3-point shooting, the GM added.
                              http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...Ford-Big-Board

Starting to lean towards RHJ compared to Anderson. Especially if his great shooting year was a fluke. Who ever we draft will not start this upcoming year. I believe Masai will get a vet to start in that 3 spot. I think you slot RHJ in that backup 3 spot. Make him get the harder match ups off the bench. Instead of GV and Lou getting abused. In this new age of small ball you have to have players that can adapt and guard multiple positions. All four teams left playing all run a serious amount of small ball. I think players like RHJ well become more and more valuable as the years go by.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Especially if his great shooting year was a fluke. Who ever we draft will not start this upcoming year.
                                Not really often a grammar nazi, but you should say "Even if his great shooting year...", otherwise it means you'd like to pick him partly because he can't shoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X