Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should the Raptors do? (Stay the course or make a change)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    People need to stop bringing up JaVale Mcgee. That would be a terrible move. Sure, he's athletic and can block shots. He also has shit for brains and an awful contract with one more year on it after this one. There is really no positive big enough about getting him that outweighs the negative.

    Mozgov would be nice, but is doubtful since Denver likes him and won't give him up without a great offer.

    We'll see how things shake out a little deeper into the season.

    Comment


    • #77
      white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      People need to stop bringing up JaVale Mcgee. That would be a terrible move. Sure, he's athletic and can block shots. He also has shit for brains and an awful contract with one more year on it after this one. There is really no positive big enough about getting him that outweighs the negative.

      Mozgov would be nice, but is doubtful since Denver likes him and won't give him up without a great offer.

      We'll see how things shake out a little deeper into the season.
      Mosgov is also on a fantastic value contract.

      Cleveland couldn't pry him out of Denver and they were offering 1st round.

      Comment


      • #78
        mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Mosgov is also on a fantastic value contract.

        Cleveland couldn't pry him out of Denver and they were offering 1st round.
        Yeah, and we just need a guy who can play 10-20 minutes on any given night. So it's definitely not worth giving up quality assets for such a piece.

        I mean, the Mozgovs and Mahinmis (I could see him maybe becoming available if Indy is in the gutter come mid-season) will be costly. A deeper bench guy might be available, but then they might not really upgrade over Hayes, Hansbrough, Stiemsma, Bebe. I mean, I could easily see Portland shedding one of Leonard or Freeland to shore up depth somewhere else...but does either of those guys really make the difference here? Maybe Biyombo depending on what's going on in Charlotte...but is he much of a needle-mover?

        Might just be something we have to be patient with. Maybe wait for Bebe to develop, or for free agency when we can shop without giving up assets.

        Comment


        • #79
          Go for Nurkic?

          Comment


          • #80
            Jangles wrote: View Post
            Go for Nurkic?
            Meh...I'd honestly rather have Bebe taking any development minutes. And Denver is high on Nurkic because he's more mobile than they (or anyone) expected.

            To me it makes little sense to add another young C unless the team is giving up on Bebe.

            Comment


            • #81
              white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Meh...I'd honestly rather have Bebe taking any development minutes. And Denver is high on Nurkic because he's more mobile than they (or anyone) expected.

              To me it makes little sense to add another young C unless the team is giving up on Bebe.
              I have watched one Denver game this year (lol) and Nurkic looked like an NBA player. To me, he could help this team more than Bebe and Stiemsma this year and potentially in the future if Bebe doesn't pan out. Cost would be too much tho, I agree.

              Comment


              • #82
                If JV is able to maintain the level he's got the last few games, I don't see the need of another center anymore. I'd even say that next year I'd keep the same guys upfront, just not re-signing Stiemsma.

                Valanciunas
                Johnson
                Patterson
                Hansbrough
                Hayes
                Nogueira

                With Valanciunas playing 30+ a game and Nogueira taking the garbage minutes Stiemsma is getting this year.

                Comment


                • #83
                  I'd also like the team to bring in a rookie PG and DeAndre Daniels to round up the roster! So no, no need of signficant changes!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Yeah, right now I'd say that the roster has earned the right to continue to prove themselves. Unfortunately, most of the difficult part of the Raptors schedule falls after the trade deadline, so we'll have to extrapolate an awful lot from a relatively small set of tough games (specifically, that Christmas road-trip). That said, I wouldn't rule out any trade that brings in a player who can be part of the long-term core, but the team, as composed right now, is pretty special. Which isn't to say that they're elite, just that I really want to see how far they can go together.

                    I honestly thought that this year was going to be a bit of a plateau year, and I was totally fine with that, given the number of non-core expirings we have next summer. So everything that happens this year is essentially playing with house money.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Does anyone know what's up with Emeka Okafor? Is he fit to play or does he have injury issues? He's listed as a free agent.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Does anyone know what's up with Emeka Okafor? Is he fit to play or does he have injury issues? He's listed as a free agent.
                        I would guess still not 100%.

                        I read there was intent to sign with a team this season when healthy.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I think he'd be a good addition to the team. Much better than Chuck Hayes at the very least. Worth a shot when he's ready?
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            ebrian wrote: View Post
                            I think he'd be a good addition to the team. Much better than Chuck Hayes at the very least. Worth a shot when he's ready?
                            We'll see...roster and cap situation complicate things. We don't have an open spot. And if we just waived someone, I think then signing Okafor would push us into the tax (*not sure though), which this season it seems they want to avoid. So we'd ideally have to open a roster spot in a 2-for-1 trade, and in the process also create enough cap wiggle room to stay under the tax.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Nov 25th, 2014, 03:24 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Where is the 'tank' option?
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Where is the 'tank' option?
                                It worked. We dumped our high-priced star (Salmons) for a veteran (Williams) and a prospect (Bebe), then used our draft pick to snag a young stud (Bruno). Textbook.

                                3...2...1... release the hounds (cue Nilanka with the graphic...)

                                but but but he trolled first... lol



                                Legal Notice: The poster did not suggest tanking for home or recreational use, nor does he endorse or denounce the application of such a strategy in any way, shape or form, without the express written consent of Masai Ujiri. This post is not affiliated with the Toronto Raptors, Raptors Republic, or anybody who supports troll-free chatting. Have a nice day.
                                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Nov 25th, 2014, 04:02 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X