Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we stop blaming DD now for taking away Ross/JV's opportunity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Karl can draw up plays in game properly. He is respected by the players but he isn’t stubborn like Casey. Outside of pound the rock, Casey has been subpar. His offense is isometric and he cant get his players going for the first 3 quarters and relies on a 4th quarter performance to get wins. Again, that’s not how you achieve success.

Our record is really higher than it should be because of some great plays out of isolation sets. Lou Will has gotten us at least 3 wins where Raptors did not deserve to be in the ball game. The Raptors have grown because of what Masai has given Casey, not what Casey has done.

Casey has grown a lot as a coach, but being strict with his players is not the same as developing them. Ross is a freak athlete, but Casey has him drifting away towards the corners. He is not developing a handle or how to attack the basket and get to the line, but he is just focused on making 3s.

Perfect example:
    Doug Collins did not even play Vucevic in Philly.
    When Vucevic was traded to Orlando, they developed him properly, game him chances and he developed into a game changer Center.

Comment

• Why would we fire Casey when we just gave him a extension
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
        I think we need a different coach.
        George Karl.
        He can fit perfectly with the roster too.

Our roster is a high octane offense that can defend when motivated.
        We are not going to be bad defense D'Antoni Suns and 7 seconds or less offense.
        Just take advantage of our crazy athletes and raw scoring power.

We need to get Ross involved by getting him easy dunks in transition.
        Last season we were a great fastbreak team but really slow pace. That's unacceptable.

Casey makes horrible in game adjustments and even right now he is being exposed after losing Derozan. Playoffs is a mind game, and this team will lose in the first round because of that.

Why is it that JV is a monster for Lituania but he is subpar for Raptors? Coaching.
        LMAO!

All the critcism here on Casey just makes me laugh. There's no point to argue really, because it's pure stupidity. Just a waste of time. Raptors are 15-5. Best record in the East. Best start in team history. That's all i have to say.

Bold part - Because this is the NBA? because he's competing against you know NBA players?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          jesus...everything has to go right for this guy to contribute. Stars must align. More minutes. More touches. More PNR. More Post ups. Perimeter defense have to defend better. Guys need to pass it to him more. Casey needs to inspire confidence in him. Players need to have more confidence in him. He needs to score so that he works harder on D. Refs gotta give him respect. Maybe this is true. Still he's starting to annoy me.
          This 100%

Excuses, excuses, excuses. So many excuses in this forum when it comes to JV.

Now some people here want Casey fired because of JV's struggles lmao. Never change Raptors Republic, never change.
          Last edited by The Great One; Sun Dec 7, 2014, 02:08 AM.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            So do anyone of you got any statistical evidence to back up your opinion or you gonna continue to spew that Bullshit?
            Watch the fucking game. That's all i have to say.

Still think JV's a GREAT finisher because he's shooting 56%? give me a fucking break!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

JV and Ross havent grown much since their first year. Why is it that JV is a monster for Lituania but he is subpar for Raptors? Coaching.
              Well competition is a lot more different during Eurobasket. Lithuania was pretty lucky with who they played against. The only true bigs he went up against were Cousins and Asik
              Last edited by MixxAOR; Sun Dec 7, 2014, 02:14 AM.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                LMAO!

All the critcism here on Casey just makes me laugh. There's no point to argue really, because it's pure stupidity. Just a waste of time. Raptors are 15-5. Best record in the East. Best start in team history. That's all i have to say.

Bold part - Because this is the NBA? because he's competing against you know NBA players?
                how many wins was his coaching the difference, making him responsible for?
                how many wins did lou will have to take over for this team to win?
                how many wins were we playing bad for the first 3 quarters and we got lucky to overpower the team in the fourth quarter?

how many quality wins do we have?
                we beat a thunder w.o KD & Westbrook, a really sick Memphis team (that was 4th quarter heroics too), Wizards (no Beal).

other than that, the we had a quality win against Cleveland (lou will stepped up like crazy), Phoenix and Hawks.

Against good teams (Miami, Cleveland when they got their shit together, Dallas, Chicago) we have looked pretty bad.

So against good teams in the playoffs, do you expect to look like a real number 1 seed with Casey?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Well competition is a lot more different during Eurobasket. Lithuania was pretty lucky with who they played against. The only true bigs he went up against were Cousins and Asik
                  Nah cause they ran high P&Rs for him, got good big to big action with D-Mot & JV, and got him engaged on both ends of the play.
                  That's why hes not developing.
                  I am not saying he's crazy good right now, but Casey's not letting him live up to his potential.
                  He came into the league as a revered P&R big, but we not using him at all like that.
                  Instead, he's being handed the ball 9 feet out against bulky bigs like Pero Antic, and he's asked to create for the rest of his teammates?

If you do that to Dwight Howard all game, how shit would he look?

Comment

Nah cause they ran high P&Rs for him, got good big to big action with D-Mot & JV, and got him engaged on both ends of the play.
                    That's why hes not developing.
                    I am not saying he's crazy good right now, but Casey's not letting him live up to his potential.
                    He came into the league as a revered P&R big, but we not using him at all like that.
                    Instead, he's being handed the ball 9 feet out against bulky bigs like Pero Antic, and he's asked to create for the rest of his teammates?

If you do that to Dwight Howard all game, how shit would he look?

they run same shit for JV. One pick and roll in these two vids. Other times it's offensive putbacks, post ups and dump offs.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Fire Casey, hire the Lithuanian National Team coach, move the Raptors from the NBA to the Euroleague and then you'll see JV BEAST MODE!!!!!
                      Last edited by 3inthekeon; Sun Dec 7, 2014, 05:38 AM.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Yea the excuses for JV is just getting ridiculous now but I'll let you guys argue. He needs to get his shit together. He's too soft and fragile mentally right now. What he needs to be focusing on is defense and rebounding and stop worrying about scoring. His help defense is horrible and if someone is fighting him for a rebound he can't get it. Yes the guards get beat and blah blah blah but this is the NBA and everyone gets beat. He needs to rotate better and stop finding himself in no mans land constantly. He also needs to stop missing all these chippies and flailing his arms like a mad man always looking for calls. Same thing goes for Ross. I have seen VERY little improvement from either of them and that has more to do with them than it has to do with Casey. You earn your minutes in this league and if you aren't going to produce then you sit. Simple. Casey is a defense first coach and both of them are struggling on that end. Yes we need to develop them but we also need to win games. Learn to produce in the minutes you are given and then maybe you will get more. To me that's a simple concept. But hey to each his own
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• And don't get me wrong, the blame for the teams struggles right now definitely isn't all on JV. The whole team is playing like shit defensively and needs to rebound better. But you're big man is a BIG part of your team having a good defense because in this league everyone gets beat. If your anchor down low can't rotate correctly and make the right reads in the pick and roll etc. you are going to have a tough time stopping anyone. But I have faith he will get it in the future because it does take time. He just needs to stop letting his offense dictate his defense. If he focuses more on defense and rebounding and not so much on getting touches and making plays offensively he would be much better off at this point in his career. But it's just not how young players are wired sadly.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• We are not a crappy team (even though we've looked like one for a good five games now lol) so we can't just spoon JV touches all the time and let him make mistake after mistake after mistake. We are trying to win games and well. So when JV is struggling I'm sorry but Amir or Pattern or Johnson or even Chuck are going to have to take his minutes. I think Casey dictates JV minutes based on his D and not his O. So when he's constantly missing rotations he gets taken out because the other guys I named do a MUCH better job defensively most nights. They've been in the NBA longer so they just read situations a lot better. And that isn't a knock on JV because he's extremely young and needs time. I just don't think he has to be getting many touches and getting a lot of minutes to learn and develop. It would actually help his development more if he didn't let those things like touches and minutes affect him and he just focused on the little things. But our team definitely needs to look for him more in the pnr. We need to look for all our bigs more. It's just so sad that NONE of our perimeter players are good at it. I thought that was such a simple play watching Calerdon for so many years but clearly it's not as easy as one would think. It definitely makes me appreciate Jose much more that's for sure. Oh well I've said my piece on the whole JV thing. I know most of you won't agree but that's fine by me.

Comment

• At this point there is no reason to fire Casey; some people are simply taking observational criticism to the extreme.

I think Casey is a good coach overall but he definitely has some flaws. It seems like if you have any criticisms of the coaching around here, you'll get a bunch of posters calling you an idiot for "knowing more than the coaching staff" and then another bunch will go even further the other way with the "fire Casey" stuff. Isn't there a happy medium?
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                                Am I the only one who doesn't understand the ignore list? Isn't the point of these boards to talk basketball with other people, some of whom you might disagree with? I feel like, with these ignore lists you're just going to wind up surrounded by head nodders who agree with everything you say. Where's the fun in that? For what it's worth, I haven't agreed with half of what's been said here, but I read it and now I'll be a little more informed in my next conversation.
                                It's one thing to ignore someone when they're being a dick. It's another when someone just spews out a bunch of trolling garbage and then decides they can't take the heat and "ignore" people who aren't part of their silly circle jerk. The OP so far sits in the latter category.

Comment

Working...
                                X