Everything Thad Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I'm curious what sort of role or mins Thad will get. Is he going to be the first guy off the bench replacing Precious or further back in the rotation serving as a back up? I like him the Draymond Green role where he can play a bit of point forward and defend C's.

Thad, Siakam and Barnes out there at the same time gives you so much length, and speed in the front court.
    Raptors will probably use Thad everywhere with the funky tall lineups Nick has been running. Scottie/Thad/Pascal/Precious/Boucher or Scottie/OG/Thad/Pascal/Boucher.

In general, I assume Thad will come off the bench as the SF/PF replacing OG or Pascal.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I'm curious what sort of role or mins Thad will get. Is he going to be the first guy off the bench replacing Precious or further back in the rotation serving as a back up? I like him the Draymond Green role where he can play a bit of point forward and defend C's.

Thad, Siakam and Barnes out there at the same time gives you so much length, and speed in the front court.
      I think Thad is the new 6th man once he's up to speed. Boucher 7th, Precious 8th, Banton 9th, Birch 10th.

If we get someone good off waivers that could mix things up but I think Thad will get the most bench minutes

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

I think Thad is the new 6th man once he's up to speed. Boucher 7th, Precious 8th, Banton 9th, Birch 10th.

If we get someone good off waivers that could mix things up but I think Thad will get the most bench minutes
        That bench is hilarious. Who needs ball handling or shooting, we'll just send 5 massive men to outwork you
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This trade is really the bookend on the we the North era in a number of ways its very ironic.

We traded our salary filler we acquired for Kyle to go try to have another run at a title. For a salary filler the spurs acquired for demar to go contend again.

while we got back a versatile PF that in his prime was what the WetheNorth era was searching for years. Pretty sure thads name was floated around alot back then as a great fit for those iterations of the raptors.

While we sent out an inferior PG who Houston picked over Kyle building that chip on his shoulder even bigger.

And getting the 2nd round pick of the team Casey departed for trying to replicate the raptors rebuild. Unsuccessfully making it more like a late 1st then a true 2nd
          Last edited by bertarapsfan; Fri Feb 11, 2022, 02:12 PM.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            This trade is really the bookend on the we the North era in a number of ways its very ironic.

We traded our salary filler we acquired for Kyle to go try to have another run at a title. For a salary filler the spurs acquired for demar to go contend again.

while we got back a versatile PF that in his prime was what the WetheNorth era was searching for years. Pretty sure thads name was floated around alot back then as a great fit for those iterations of the raptors.

While we sent out an inferior PG who Houston picked over Kyle building that chip on his shoulder even bigger.

And getting the 2nd round pick of the team Casey departed for trying to replicate the raptors rebuild. Unsuccessfully making it more like a late 1st then a true 2nd
            Another thing I love about the we the North era is the rudy gay trade lives on when greivis Vasquez became norm and a pick which became Trent and OG.

Comment

Let's hope we can get 2019 Thad Young

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              watching bucks vs indy. Thad young might be the best Giannis defender in the league
              MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Thad Young is legit.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Me and mixx are omniscient
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I think I actually would be okay with Scottie being the 6th man and starting Precious. It spreads out the talent a bit more, and Scottie can sub in at any position. He’ll still get his minutes and most likely he’ll be in at the end of game situations.

Bring in Scottie, Boucher and Thad to sub off Pascal, Precious and Gary. Give Pascal and Gary a breather and and then sub them in for OG and Freddie. Repeat… there’s always going to be shooters and creators in the line up.

If the Raps can get a decent guard in the buyout market, then keep Scottie as a starter, but I think his versatility really helps balancing rotations.

Comment

We needed a veteran 6th man that could also play D. That's exactly what we want.

Bench just went from zero to hero. And holy crap we've got a versatile roster now.

Comment

The best Giannis defender teaming up with the coach who has the best defensive scheme against Giannis. Giannis might just sit the Playoffs out.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

The best Giannis defender teaming up with the coach who has the best defensive scheme against Giannis. Giannis might just sit the Playoffs out.
                        KD and Embiid are the only guys in the East we don't have an answer for, but Nurse has time to come up with something.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

I put zero stock in the few minutes he's played for a tanking team this year. He was fantastic in Chicago last year, and pretty much every other year before that. He's such a natural fit with what we do on both offense and defense I'm sure he will look great as a Raptor.
                          Agreed, that was the point I was trying to drive to. If he's what he was a year or two ago, fantastic pickup. But we don't have a way to tell for sure, with him barely having played this year and doing (understandably) poorly in those few minutes. We're basically making the same bet we did with Gasol (on a smaller scale) where he was having one of his worst years, even defensively, but then turned it around when on a competitive team.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I think I actually would be okay with Scottie being the 6th man and starting Precious. It spreads out the talent a bit more, and Scottie can sub in at any position. He’ll still get his minutes and most likely he’ll be in at the end of game situations.

Bring in Scottie, Boucher and Thad to sub off Pascal, Precious and Gary. Give Pascal and Gary a breather and and then sub them in for OG and Freddie. Repeat… there’s always going to be shooters and creators in the line up.

If the Raps can get a decent guard in the buyout market, then keep Scottie as a starter, but I think his versatility really helps balancing rotations.
                            Yeah, or start Birch, or something. Having 4 PF/C's come off the bench is wacky and fun and hilarious but maybe not the best way to spread the minutes around.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What's that? Did you say "Sad"?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, or start Birch, or something. Having 4 PF/C's come off the bench is wacky and fun and hilarious but maybe not the best way to spread the minutes around.
                                Wouldn't count on it. Looks like team building philosophy is continue building the bench to supplement the big 5, who aren't losing their spot unless a star becomes available

Comment

Working...
                                X