Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the demar appreciation day???????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, there was a Kyle statue.

I believe it was fan made though.

Comment

I like the Claws take. Retire em all fuck it. We've already got a better history than the last 60 years of the maple laughs
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        By the way, there was a Kyle statue.

I believe it was fan made though.
        Fan should not quit their day job. It's like an old school boxer but also looks like Terry Fox. This would be my pick for the statue. Masai and Kyle both in it:

Comment

Kawhi Leonard 100% should have his number retired but I don't know. They just gave his #2 to Jalen fucking Harris two seasons after he left.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Fan should not quit their day job. It's like an old school boxer but also looks like Terry Fox. This would be my pick for the statue. Masai and Kyle both in it:

I like this one:

Only problem is he's wearing the wrong number.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I like this one:

Only problem is he's wearing the wrong number.
              Nice thing about statues is you can change the shirt to whatever you want

Comment

Vinces closest comparable imo is Carmelo and the Nuggets. Although Vince really did put basketball on the map here in ways that are hard to compare with really any other situations. He did for Canada basketball what Wayne Gretzky did for American hockey.
                Carmelo put a Denver sports team on the map? I think you’re confusing him with John Elway. Heck, even Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy rank above Melo, and Jokic will obliterate any basketball legacy he had there.

Melo is a terrible VC comp.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Carmelo put a Denver sports team on the map? I think you’re confusing him with John Elway. Heck, even Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy rank above Melo, and Jokic will obliterate any basketball legacy he had there.

Melo is a terrible VC comp.
                  No, what I meant was the closest comparable was Melo in terms of numbers etc. I was responding to:
                  Imagine there was a hall of fame player who was drafted and had the best moments of his career for a team
                  Then I said "although", and transferred to how Vince and Melo are actually quite different because of VCs cultural impact.

Comment

DD and Lowry for sure and Id go with vc and kawhi too. Vc left on bad terms but i think its ok to forgive. Everyone fuks up sometimes. Kawhi was on contract for one year he fullfilled his obligation like a pro and brought us our first chip

Id also retire the other 15 Amir Johnson. Just because

Comment

DeMar and Kyle… that’s it for me so far. There’s consequences to your actions, Bosh, VC, Kawhi are out for me. If you want to honour them, put up murals up
                      of them at Scotia Bank with “the shot” and VC’s all-star dunk.

Like I said, I would like a DeMar and Kyle statue… those guys started the era.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Vince (and TMac) contributed immensely to the early success and popularity of the Raptors. You can never write the team's history without mentioning his name.
                        The point I was trying to make in that comparison was that all of them were a huge part of the team's history, who didn't win a ring for the team.

Huge part of team history. Yes, and so was Bosh and so was Bargs. Doesn't make them worthy of appreciation.

Comment

Hard no to Kawhi. I bet he wouldn't even come for when we put the jersey in the rafters. Dude doesn't give a shit about Toronto.

Comment

You gotta retire demar, 10 and 7 will hang together.

Fair point on the statue. The jays have nobody, and they won twice.

The first thing I'd start with is knocking down that stupid Ted rogers statue at the skydome. Yay for greedy dead billionaires?
                            If the Jays don't have a statue for Halladay (retired numbers for Halladay and Alomar) and Wall of Excellence for Bell, Joe Carter, Delgado and Fernandez and the Leafs don't have a statue for anyone either, there's your bar. Lowry is your Halladay, DeMar sure isn't your Alomar; retire Lowry's number, DeMar Wall of Excellence, there's no slight in that, it's an honour.

Agreed on the Rogers statue. That can be outside their head office, not the sports stadium. Pure hubris. Then again, he was a better owner than Labatts.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

Valid point for Vince. Imagine there was a hall of fame player who was drafted and had the best moments of his career for a team. And that team is the Raptors. Who wouldn’t celebrate that. I can see writing the same story about Bosh but his greatest moments happened elsewhere
                              Counter point:
                              I don't want the first Raptor jersey ever retired to be one of the most talented players never to win a chip. We're now better than that.
                              It should be a winner.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

If the Jays don't have a statue for Halladay (retired numbers for Halladay and Alomar) and Wall of Excellence for Bell, Joe Carter, Delgado and Fernandez and the Leafs don't have a statue for anyone either, there's your bar. Lowry is your Halladay, DeMar sure isn't your Alomar; retire Lowry's number, DeMar Wall of Excellence, there's no slight in that, it's an honour.

Agreed on the Rogers statue. That can be outside their head office, not the sports stadium. Pure hubris. Then again, he was a better owner than Labatts.
                                Lowry is Halladay? how many playoff series has Halladay won as a Blue Jay? how many championships?

Lowry is the Alomar of the Raptors..
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X