Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

1. Gretzky takes a shit on McDavid. Mcdavid loses scoring races to his own teammate lol.

2. They will not win the whole thing, they've had a fairtly easy path to the 3rd round but are the 4th best team remaining

3. Just last year the Oilers with their stunning Connor McDavid were swept out of the first round. Nearly bounced again in the first round this year by the 16th seed. So I'll reserve judgement before they win a couple games this series against a real contender.

Strike 1, 2, 3 bad takes....YERRR OUT!
    Oh please. McDavid will never score 200 points in a season or score 92 goals in a year. But everyone know it's much harder to score now than back in the 80's. If McDavid played in the 80's he'd probably score 400 points a season. The guy creates scoring chances EVERYTIME he steps on the ice.

As for Leon Draisaitl, Leon is great but everyone know he's a product of McDavid. Can Leon put up numbers like this without McDavid on his team? he'd probably still outscore Matthews but that's not saying much.

If the Oilers get past the Avs they're winning the whole thing.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Oh please. McDavid will never score 200 points in a season or score 92 goals in a year. But everyone know it's much harder to score now than back in the 80's. If McDavid played in the 80's he'd probably score 400 points a season. The guy creates scoring chances EVERYTIME he steps on the ice.

As for Leon Draisaitl, Leon is great but everyone know he's a product of McDavid. Can Leon put up numbers like this without McDavid on his team? he'd probably still outscore Matthews but that's not saying much.

I think it's fair to say that having a great player is crucial. It is also fair to suggest that the Knicks would absolutely, 100% find a way to screw it up.

McDavid comparisons to Gretzky are actually very favourable, but not in the sense that McDavid is way better. In terms of points totals, we have the ability to adjust points based on the scoring rates of each season, so there are sites where you can compare adjusted point totals.

McDavid has rather impressively moved into the top 10 seasons all time with the 9th ranked season in adjusted points (2020-21 season, a complete outlier for him with 158 adjusted points pace, versus this season which was a drop off in that sense back to about 70th on the list, still of course ridiculously impressive, at 119 adjusted points, which he has floated around with 116 in 18-19 and 113 in 19-20). Gretzky however has the number 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 23, 45, 50, 66 and 69 ranked seasons before we get to this season's McDavid (plus several more down in McDavid's typical range). This is adjusted for era, remember. That number 10 season that McDavid just passed a couple seasons ago with his wild outlier season was when Gretzky was 21 years old. McDavid is 25.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If McDavid would have had 400 points, then Leon would have 395, Huberdeau would have 394, Kucherov 390 and Gaudreau 385. Stop it. They weren't skating on their ankles in the 80s, Mario Lemieux, Mike Bossy, Paul Coffey, Marcel Dionne, all these guys existed and were getting lapped by 99.

The Oilers aren't winning shit lol, what is this their 2nd deep run in the last 31 years? Very cocky for a franchise thats been a joke since I've been potty trained
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think it's fair to say that having a great player is crucial. It is also fair to suggest that the Knicks would absolutely, 100% find a way to screw it up.

McDavid comparisons to Gretzky are actually very favourable, but not in the sense that McDavid is way better. In terms of points totals, we have the ability to adjust points based on the scoring rates of each season, so there are sites where you can compare adjusted point totals.

McDavid has rather impressively moved into the top 10 seasons all time with the 9th ranked season in adjusted points (2020-21 season, a complete outlier for him with 158 adjusted points pace, versus this season which was a drop off in that sense back to about 70th on the list, still of course ridiculously impressive, at 119 adjusted points, which he has floated around with 116 in 18-19 and 113 in 19-20). Gretzky however has the number 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 23, 45, 50, 66 and 69 ranked seasons before we get to this season's McDavid (plus several more down in McDavid's typical range). This is adjusted for era, remember. That number 10 season that McDavid just passed a couple seasons ago with his wild outlier season was when Gretzky was 21 years old. McDavid is 25.
          Take away guys that played before the modern era, and adjusted per game points Gretz has the 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 all time seasons. I will give McDavid credit, he's the best player of today and on pace to be be top 5-10 all time. BUT, he's not even head and shoulders above any peers. He loses award races. Not sure why Oilers fans are so quick to dismiss Gretz, THEIR guy who won them 4 cups lol. Stop eating your own.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

If McDavid would have had 400 points, then Leon would have 395, Huberdeau would have 394, Kucherov 390 and Gaudreau 385. Stop it. They weren't skating on their ankles in the 80s, Mario Lemieux, Mike Bossy, Paul Coffey, Marcel Dionne, all these guys existed and were getting lapped by 99.

The Oilers aren't winning shit lol, what is this their 2nd deep run in the last 31 years? Very cocky for a franchise thats been a joke since I've been potty trained
            You sound like a complete hater. Let me guess, you're a Canucks fan or a Flames fan? a team with no history and a team with 1 Stanley Cup? bahahaha! btw, I have no problem if you think 99 is the GOAT. He's still an Oiler lol!

And please don't ever put Gaudreau and Kucherov and Huberdeau in the same sentence as McDavid again.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

You sound like a complete hater. Let me guess, you're a Canucks fan or a Flames fan? a team with no history and a team with 1 Stanley Cup? bahahaha! btw, I have no problem if you think 99 is the GOAT. He's still an Oiler lol!

And please don't ever put Gaudreau and Kucherov and Huberdeau in the same sentence as McDavid again.
              I'll try and wrap this up because readers will be getting annoyed soon, but:

2019: Kucherov wins scoring race by 12 POINTS, wins triple crown MVP and MVP as voted by players. Whats the excuse here?
              2020: McDavid loses another scoring race by 13 points, to his own teammate, teammate who again wins MVP and MVP voted by players
              2021: Mcdavid has a great year, in a weird bubble season beating up on the same 3 teams every night
              2022: wins the points race, but was trailing in the race until the final week of the season (trailing Huberdeau and again, his own teammate most of the year)

At these same ages, Gretzky was winning the points race by like 50-70 points. Stop it Kenny.

Comment

• mcdavid over gretzky belongs in the bad take hall of fame in the special little wing dedicated just to TRex and his takes, the most prolific entrant to the hall.

in the five year stretch in which gretzky averaged 207 points per season, he led the second place scorer by 65 to 79 points, or 73 points on average.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                  mcdavid over gretzky belongs in the bad take hall of fame in the special little wing dedicated just to TRex and his takes, the most prolific entrant to the hall.

in the five year stretch in which gretzky averaged 207 points per season, he led the second place scorer by 65 to 79 points, or 73 points on average.
                  "But but scoring in the 80s was ridiculously absurdly high" Yeah, for Wayne Gretzky.

Comment

I'll give another example. I'm an Oilers fan. The greatest player of all time plays for my team(yes, McDavid is better than Gretzky and i'm not exaggerating).The Oilers have a shitty management, they have a shitty owner, they have a rookie coach, their roster have a lot of flaws. But guess fucking what!? we might win the whole thing this year. How? because we have Connor freakin McDavid that's how.

Now, replace McDavid with just another average player and replace the shitty management with elite, elite management. Do you think the Oilers would be where they are right now? the answer is no.
                    Then how come “The Great One” never won a cup with the Kings?

Insert (VC-It’s-Over.gif)

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                      mcdavid over gretzky belongs in the bad take hall of fame in the special little wing dedicated just to TRex and his takes, the most prolific entrant to the hall.

But is it really a hot take? In the history of the game, name me a player with a mix of speed and skill of McDavid? no one comes close.

Anyway, I guess i'm just ahead of the curve like always because one day, maybe a year from now or 2 years from now just like the MJ or LeBron debate, people will be debating who's greater McDavid or Gretzky.

Btw, McDavid has already broke a couple of Gretzky's records. McDavid is also on pace for 52 points in these playoffs if Edmonton goes to the Cup Final. Gretzky holds the single postseason record with 47 points.

Also, hockey is not like basketball where one player can carry a whole team and automatically transform a team into a contender. But guess what McDavid is doing? the ONLY reason the Oilers are where they are right now is because of McDavid.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm just glad McDavid is on my team. He's still only 25 years old so he has at least 10 more years of elite hockey left in him so he's just getting started. Flames and Canucks fans have to deal with him the next decade or so. Good luck!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just here to say f**k Boston
                          (I’m in the right thread, right?)

Comment

I'm just glad McDavid is on my team. He's still only 25 years old so he has at least 10 more years of elite hockey left in him so he's just getting started. Flames and Canucks fans have to deal with him the next decade or so. Good luck!

Nucks have Petey and Hughes.
                            And Oilers don't have a Demko.

They'll be fine.

Comment

• My analysis - Rocky 3.

The Warriors don't have the eye of the tiger anymore and they're facing a hungry, hungry challenger. I know Rocky ended up winning the fight in the movie but I don't think that is going to be the case in this series.

Celtics in 5 or 6(unfortunately).
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

But is it really a hot take?
                                i said it was a bad take (an all time bad take), not a hot take. yes it really is a bad take

The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Anyway, I guess i'm just ahead of the curve like always because one day, maybe a year from now or 2 years from now just like the MJ or LeBron debate, people will be debating who's greater McDavid or Gretzky.
                                we're about 1800 pts and several stanley cups away from having that debate so i would be surprised if that happens in the next year or two

Comment

Working...
                                X