Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    We have two good players in fred and trent. Why not parlay them into a very good sg?
    Which team is trading their very good SG for two good players in Fred and Trent? And if that team is happy to do that, why are we happy to send our two good players for that very good SG whose team wants to trade for two lesser players?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What do guys here think about Malcolm Brogdon as a SG? He's pretty injury prone. Will be 30 next year. But is a pretty decent defender, has size, and can be a knock down shooter (was pretty bad this season though).

He also got an extension, so his contract runs until 2024-2025..only at $22M a year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I'm not a Gobert guy at all. He's a great defensive player, but offensively he's a bit of a liability. Not a shooter. Can't space the floor. Relies hard on pick and roll and switchy defenses can stop that pretty easily. If Boston was using Tatum and Williams as PnR defenders or Miami was using Jimmy/Bam, they could snuff that out easily.

He's also making about 33% of the cap.. that's a lot of money for essentially a role player. A really, really good role player, but still a role player.

Is someone like Javale McGee that much worse than Gobert?

Gobert is younger (30 compared to 34) and a far better defensive player I guess. Ultimately they are rim runners though. And you can get McGee for about the mid-level (he only made $5M this year).

If we're dumping that much money onto a single player they better be good at making buckets. Our biggest weakness was not being able to score. It's why we got trounced by Philly in game 6. Nobody could make a bucket.

Also Danny Ainge runs Utah now. You want to try and get a good deal from him? The one team to watch for is Charlotte. They can move Gordon Hayward's contract. He can go back to Utah. Danny would love that too.

Our defensive rating in game 6 was 140. I'm not sure I'd say offence was our issue in that game (we couldn't buy a stop to open the 3rd) or the series. The three big losses we put up defensive ratings of 124, 147 and 140.

I'd agree that the Raptors' offer for Gobert would need to be limited and as such would be unlikely to be the winning bid. Doesn't mean they should turn it down if they have the chance to acquire him.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What do guys here think about Malcolm Brogdon as a SG? He's pretty injury prone. Will be 30 next year. But is a pretty decent defender, has size, and can be a knock down shooter (was pretty bad this season though).

He also got an extension, so his contract runs until 2024-2025..only at $22M a year.
          He's good when healthy. Could be an interesting one for one swap for Trent. Not sure I'd pay more than that.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

He's good when healthy. Could be an interesting one for one swap for Trent. Not sure I'd pay more than that.
            Turner and Brogdon for Gary, OG and Khem works mathematically.

Would suck to trade OG yet I know Indiana would love him (he went to school there). Can then get that traditional center at the 5.. and move Scottie to the 3. Still play a switchy game. Just lose our best defender. Gain a decent one to replace him though.

Comment

Would suck to trade OG yet I know Indiana would love him (he went to school there). Can then get that traditional center at the 5.. and move Scottie to the 3. Still play a switchy game. Just lose our best defender. Gain a decent one to replace him though.
              nah OG is OUR DEFENSIVE IDENTITY.

OG is too undervalued.

Usually when you get a guy like OG in his prime, you never ever trade him.

Comment

I guess it depends how much stock you put on Scottie's defensive potential. OG is the best perimeter and overall defender we have.

You get Turner back who can hold his own protecting the rim, so if you believe Scottie can become a game changer on defense, losing OG hurts less.
                Last edited by A.I; Tue May 3, 2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Which team is trading their very good SG for two good players in Fred and Trent? And if that team is happy to do that, why are we happy to send our two good players for that very good SG whose team wants to trade for two lesser players?
                  You’re basically asking why trades happen at all or why 2 for 1 trades ever make sense

Comment

To Raps: Jamal Murray
                    To Nuggets: FVV + Trent

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I guess it depends how much stock you put on Scottie's defensive potential. OG is the best perimeter and overall defender we have.

You get Turner back who can hold his own protecting the rim, so if you believe Scottie can become a game changer on defense, losing OG hurts less.
                      I don't know if Scottie ever becomes as good a defender as OG. OG was already pretty elite as a rookie defensively. But Turner and Brogdon are both plus defenders, especially Turner. So you we'd be shuffling things a bit, but it also balances out our top 5.

We get a legit center that can stretch the floor and play switchable defense (ie, guard the perimeter). We get an upgrade defensively at the 2. Brogdon has size and can play PG. So we'll get an extra ball handler.

We do get older. OG and Gary are both young. Turner fits that age bracket, but Malcolm doesn't. He's already 1 year older than both Pascal and Fred. But was in the same draft class.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

OG is too undervalued.

OG is awesome.. I agree. But even that elite defensive guy still didn't help us enough in the playoffs. We got our teeth knocked in by Philly in 3 of the 4 games we lost. And a lot of that was porous defense.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

i am trying to make you guys understand you fix your perimeter by fixing your center position!!!!! ALL these scheme nurse HAS to use is because the RAPTORS as a team can not protect the paint. THEY have to be PERFECT to defend against ONE MAN.

you can literally extend your defence to the logo with a big man, those corner shots are not as hard to reach with a big man.

you know what we found out this year toronto can play like the jordan bulls scottie and pippen bringing up the ball. barnes pascal

do we need spot up shooters yes is trent a spot up shooter NO!

can precious be your starter on a championship team NO. why not he does not have the brains to anchor a defence!!!!! i don’t care how athletic he is, how many 3 pt he hits.

so what if there are only 4 elite centers in the league u have to guard them to win a championship.

nick nurse is not a GM he is a coach go coach the Fucking team given to you or go to the fucking lakers!!!!!!!!

the trend was inside out then it went outside in. now we back to inside out because human beings are LAZY!!!!! they overextend the trend trying to hold on to their jobs as long as they can.

nirse said i need more wings What!!!!!!! i don’t want to hear anything about the roster after that comment today.

this is basketball not rocket science !!!!!! COMMON SENSE is NOT COMMON
                          Would you advocate for the Raptors to try to acquire Gobert? If so, what would you be prepared to give up to get him and how do you think he'd fit on offense and defense with the remaining players?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

OG is too undervalued.

also the trade planet proposed is having you get back two guys who are a bit of a gamble injury wise. I don't mind getting ONE but getting two is risky.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Would you advocate for the Raptors to try to acquire Gobert? If so, what would you be prepared to give up to get him and how do you think he'd fit on offense and defense with the remaining players?
                              offence and rudy shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

We now have Scottie.
                                different kind of player than Kawhi. Kawhi only just started cracking playmaking. Scottie projects to be a much better playmaker. If you want to mold Scottie after anyone in the modern NBA it would be better to look a cross between draymond with his playmaking and giannis.

Comment

Working...
                                X