Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I honestly am lukeward to the idea, he is injury prone but as you said, he can address the offensive woes of the Raptors off the bench.

but i would prefer to spend our two exceptions available to get a Portis, Bruce Brown, Dipo or Monk.
    Would Bruce brown take the Bi annual exemption and Malik Monk or Gary Payton Jr., take the majority of the MLE.
    Than trade Svi + Flynn + Birch

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Would Bruce brown take the Bi annual exemption and Malik Monk or Gary Payton Jr., take the majority of the MLE.
      Than trade Svi + Flynn + Birch
      Bruce brown is one of the better free agents in this class so I doubt he takes the bi annual exception.... Malik Monk sounds like he will be staying in LA. Dallas will go after Gary Payton if they lose Brunson...

I am all for trading the people you suggest but for who.

Comment

• also, elsewhere in that Jake Fischer round up.....thoughts on Ayton...

"San Antonio, with its Murray conversations, appears willing to steer more towards a rebuild than offer a hefty salary. Perhaps the Raptors are the team that presents Deandre Ayton with the lucrative deal he covets, but Toronto could only afford such a contract by swinging a sign-and-trade for Ayton. Toronto continues to monitor the availability of several elite centers, sources said, including Utah Jazz All-Star Rudy Gobert."

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Bruce brown is one of the better free agents in this class so I doubt he takes the bi annual exception.... Malik Monk sounds like he will be staying in LA. Dallas will go after Gary Payton if they lose Brunson...

Knicks -Cam Reddish for Svi + 2nd pick this is a salary dump.

Sign & Trade Boucher for Oladipo instead of Payton as he is a more capable Combo Guard, though he still plays a strong defensive game.

Birch + Flynn for Alec Burks from the Pistons

Dallas is negotiating with Goran Dragic for the PG. Remember there is Spencer Dinwiddie.

FVV, Trent Jr., OG, Barnes, Siakam -$99.85 Million
          Oladipo $8 Million, Burks $10 Million, Cam Reddish $5.95, Thad Young-2/$10 Million, Precious -$2.8 ($32 Million)
          Brooks, Banton, Champagnie, Koloko. $5.8 Million -$138 Million for 2022/23.

You could sign Drummond to step up against the Embid, or even better is sign Hartenstein from the Clippers, they have extended Zubacs, and spending monies on Wall, their team salary may surpass the GSW!,

Much better 2nd Team and prefer more experienced and mature players that can handle playing as the backup and replacement for injuries and that can provide solid minutes for the Core!

Then the next year 2023/24 the increases to Fred and Trent Jr. would total $8 Million dollars other team players such as OG, Siakam of around $4 Million.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Fischer was saying Monk back to LA is not a sure thing, he's still looking around and an extra $4M per year in the full MLE probably lures him away.

Monk isn't getting LA endorsement deals and they aren't a contender, he'd be kind of an idiot for taking $6m per year instead of $10M per year to stay on the crappy LA team.
            Last edited by Primer; Wed Jun 29, 2022, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Fischer was saying Monk back to LA is not a sure thing, he's still looking around and an extra $4M per year in the full MLE probably lures him away.

Monk isn't getting LA endorsement deals and they aren't a contender, he'd be kind of an idiot for taking $6m per year instead of $10M per year to stay on the crappy LA team.
              would he be willing to play defence?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

"With a healthy Lebron & AD they are."

That's what the sports media will be spinning until the start of next season & they aren't 100% wrong. They don't need to be a major force during the season but just make it to the playoffs healthy.

Besides Monk strikes me as someone who chose the glitz & glam lifestyle more than the quality of the team. If he wouldn't sign with L.A he would go to Miami to replace the departing Oledipo.

Comment

• first it was Harrell now this guy

I already mentioned this before, that team are full of nitwits and fake tough guys with low BBIQ

IF i am Lamelo, I would ask to be traded ASAP.

that franchise is trash, i’m sorry GOAT

Comment

• Honestly, if Jakob Poetl is available, I would bet we can get him for a fraction of what a sign-and-trade for Ayton would take, and he gives you 85% of what Ayton does.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                      Honestly, if Jakob Poetl is available, I would bet we can get him for a fraction of what a sign-and-trade for Ayton would take, and he gives you 85% of what Ayton does.
                      Flynn+ birch + 2023 1st round pick & a 1st round pick swap in 2024.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Flynn+ birch + 2023 1st round pick & a 1st round pick swap in 2024.
                        Poeltl won't be on a cheap contract. I'd much rather keep our draft picks and roll with Precious as the starter.

Comment

• Unexpected Big Trade by Masai

To the Hawks

Siakam + Birch + S & T- Boucher ( conveyed to Miami for Dedman & Olidipo to the Hawks) + Flynn conveyed to the Spurs with Gallinardi for Murray to the Hawks

To the Raptors

Capela + Collins + Hunter

Free Agent Signings

Gary Payton & Young

FVV, OG, Barnes, Collins, Capela -$88
                          Payton Jr., Trent Jr., Hunter, Young , Precious -$40
                          Banton, Brooks, Champagnie, Watanabe , Koloko-$7.5
                          Team Salary- $135 Million

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            also, elsewhere in that Jake Fischer round up.....thoughts on Ayton...

"San Antonio, with its Murray conversations, appears willing to steer more towards a rebuild than offer a hefty salary. Perhaps the Raptors are the team that presents Deandre Ayton with the lucrative deal he covets, but Toronto could only afford such a contract by swinging a sign-and-trade for Ayton. Toronto continues to monitor the availability of several elite centers, sources said, including Utah Jazz All-Star Rudy Gobert."
                            It seems strange to me that the Raps would be involved in rumors surrounding a starting level C. From the way Masai and Nurse spoke about Precious during the end of season pressers you would think he had that spot secured. And they just drafted a C.

If they are really interested in trading for Ayton or Gobert you have to think Precious is going the other way.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              also, elsewhere in that Jake Fischer round up.....thoughts on Ayton...

gobert would be perfect now that we got koloko. gobert is 29 same age as our older guys and we have a back up to learn. u secure now and the future.

Comment

• lock up the center spot for the next 10 years

Comment

Working...
                                X