No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Indiana is having a fire sale on guys, I'd call them up and ask about a Trent/Khem for Turner/McConnell trade.

TJ is a pretty great defensive guard, and can be a good backup off the bench (not a great shooter though). Gary gives them youth and an expiring contract for next season if they want to use cap space for other moves.

Can also look to swing Gary at the deadline.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Indiana with the trade has a max slot. Likely getting Ayton.

Probably a 3 team trade here with KD to Phoenix, Ayton to Indiana and Turner+Bridges+picks to Brooklyn.
      Hold on sec.
      Is that all would take 2 get Kevin Durant.
      Turner, Bridges..and F&%% picks..and Raptors can't match that, if that happens I will p&$$d.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Hold on sec.
        Is that all would take 2 get Kevin Durant.
        Turner, Bridges..and F&%% picks..and Raptors can't match that, if that happens I will p&$$d.
        I'm on the record of saying that KD will get traded to a team that he wants to get traded to. I'm in the minority on that thought here, but that's how I feel.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
          The Pacers have agreed to trade veteran guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Celtics, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN (Twitter link).

The deal will send center Daniel Theis, wing Aaron Nesmith, and a 2023 first-round pick to Indiana, Wojnarowski reports (via Twitter). Nik Stauskas, Malik Fitts, and Juwan Morgan are also headed to the Pacers in the swap, Wojnarowski adds (via Twitter).
          What the equivalent trade with the Raptors? I know we couldn't use Boucher but ....

Comment

• So with most of the MLE used on Porter and roster spots full, the only way to add a guard, if they deem it necessary, is by trade right?

Comment

I'm on the record of saying that KD will get traded to a team that he wants to get traded to. I'm in the minority on that thought here, but that's how I feel.
              I kind of agree with u.
              Players dictate where they go and pretty much what the return is, but damn..I'm not a fan of KD, but his pretty good player, Superstar...Anyway, after all these rumors of high value in return, 2 get that..that would be very surprising. Nets don't own Kevin nothing, they should do what's best for there franchise and get the max value, of course not against the raptors, if they are trade partner.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I think its a combination. If Raptors aren't on KD's list but he is okay playing here and we have a better offer than anyone else, I could see Nets trading him here over somewhere he wants to be.

I agree KD will probably have to give the green light on the trade though, whether its Miami, Phoenix or anywhere else.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  So with most of the MLE used on Porter and roster spots full, the only way to add a guard, if they deem it necessary, is by trade right?
                  The numbers haven't come out on Porter's contract. He may have gotten a partial MLE. But I suspect any other moves they make will be on the trade market.

Comment

I agree. I'm sure Masai has done his due diligence as he would have done with Kawahi, and reached out to KD to see what the interest is like in playing for the Raps. If KD is committed, Masai will make the trade keeping what he needs to be able to contend.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

What the equivalent trade with the Raptors? I know we couldn't use Boucher but ....
                      I wouldn't deal our 2023 1st round pick for Brogdon, so the deal ends there for me.

Comment

The numbers haven't come out on Porter's contract. He may have gotten a partial MLE. But I suspect any other moves they make will be on the trade market.
                        If Thad got 8M per, Porter will likely have gotten more?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I think its a combination. If Raptors aren't on KD's list but he is okay playing here and we have a better offer than anyone else, I could see Nets trading him here over somewhere he wants to be.

I agree KD will probably have to give the green light on the trade though, whether its Miami, Phoenix or anywhere else.
                          Miami and Phoenix are already out of the KD sweepstakes, they can't send their best assets (Booker and Bam) due to CBA rules so why the hell would Nets trade with them?

KD doesn't have any say here. He could try to spook a team from trading for him but really he'd have no choice but to suit up and play wherever they send him or he's out $200M and he's not gonna do that.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

If Thad got 8M per, Porter will likely have gotten more?
                            Possibly.. although we likely want to give some of that MLE to Koloko so we have him for 3 years, instead of 2. It's strange that the numbers haven't come out yet.

Comment

• Raps made the KD odds list. Sitting at 3rd best odds.

Comment

Raps made the KD odds list. Sitting at 3rd best odds.
                                THIS feels like Kawhi
                                I don't want to jinx anything
                                But
                                #KD2022
                                IT IS TIME
                                WOWOWWOWOWO
                                #TRUSTMASAI
                                #WETHEBESTTEAMINTHENBA

Knock on wood

Comment

Working...
                                X