Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would not say he is a better defensive player than GTJ

He did look better than normal defensively in the playoffs but outside of that he hasn’t shown much defensively and Nick said as much when they asked what he needs to improve

Comment

• heard flynn drop 73 then watched the highlights was he playing at the ymca lol

Comment

• I scored 73 points against my 5 year old in the driveway once. Can I get a 10 day contract? Def being held back.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's very concerning to me when a player sucks in the G League. That almost universally means they won't be good in the NBA.
          It's very concerning when a player gets a real sample of games of sucking in the G-League.

I am basically never concerned by a sample of two games, unless there's a mountain of prior evidence supporting that sample. Remember OG's first two games of this past season? Would you say they were predictive?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• We can say what we want about James Harden, strip clubs and being out of shape, but.... THIS is refreshing:

“I had conversations with Daryl, and it was explained how we could get better and what the market value was for certain players. I told Daryl to improve the roster, sign who we needed to sign and give me whatever is left over,” Harden told Yahoo Sports. “This is how bad I want to win. I want to compete for a championship. That’s all that matters to me at this stage. I’m willing to take less to put us in position to accomplish that.”
            https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-j...024605439.html

Comment

• What's the hold up with FVV contract and is there anyone else we've yet to officially sign? I think Porter, Thad and Boucher are done already, right?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                What's the hold up with FVV contract and is there anyone else we've yet to officially sign? I think Porter, Thad and Boucher are done already, right?
                The only outstanding questions are Koloko (unsigned yet), whether Dowtin gets a deal out of summer league (two-way?), and then the extensions for Fred and possibly Pascal (Pascal is less likely and can't be signed until closer to the start of the season). And then option pickups in the fall for the rookie scale guys but those are all no-brainers (even Flynn I doubt they would opt out of).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's very concerning when a player gets a real sample of games of sucking in the G-League.

I am basically never concerned by a sample of two games, unless there's a mountain of prior evidence supporting that sample. Remember OG's first two games of this past season? Would you say they were predictive?
                  Having some bad nba games isn't concerning. Having only bad G League games is. Our other draftees that struggled in G League did not pan out either like Bruno and now David Johnson.

Comment

Having some bad nba games isn't concerning. Having only bad G League games is. Our other draftees that struggled in G League did not pan out either like Bruno and now David Johnson.

FVV & Siakam were also on that squad. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

FVV & Siakam were also on that squad. lol.
                      My bad I thight Bruno also played bad in G League. This makes Flynn look even worse.

Comment

Pascal Siakam's first two G-League games:
                        31 mpg,
                        0.433 FG,
                        0.250 3PT,
                        10.5 reb
                        2.5 ast
                        2.5 TO
                        17.5 pts
                        15 FGA
                        0.496 TS%

Malachi Flynn's two G-League games:
                        37 mpg,
                        0.317 FG,
                        0.280 3PT,
                        4.5 reb
                        4.5 ast
                        5 TO
                        21.5 pts
                        20.5 FGA
                        0.493 TS%

Ooh, look at future superstar Pascal Siakam showing exactly who he was in two G-League games. Good thing we decided we knew exactly what sort of player he was based on that sample. I for one think it would be extremely intelligent of us to make sweeping conclusions based on that sample, and didn't give him a bigger sample of G-League play to, say, lead us to a G-League championship and Finals MVP, we had more than enough information from those two games.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My bad I thight Bruno also played bad in G League. This makes Flynn look even worse.
                          Not really. The largest G-League sample size we have for Flynn is 6 games in the 2020-21 season. Flynn put up: 20.8ppg / 5.7apg / 4.5 rpg, on good USG (24.8) & ORTG (117) & 41% 3P%. That's pretty dominant. That's better than what Jalen Green & Kuminga put up.

Having said that... Malachi still looks really tiny out there. Even in the Pro-Am clip dropping 73... he looks even smaller than those YMCA guys. Given that he's not the quickest, most athletic guy or strongest guy.... I feel like his size is an issue holding him back in the NBA, especially getting his shot off. He's not even thicc or stout like Lowry or FVV to take the bumps and hits.

He got drafted during the pandemic year, and I don't think Masai/Bobby/Tolzman were able to bring him in for face-to-face workout and realize how truly small he is/was. Like I said before, Malachi was probably drafted as a Fred clone, in anticipation of Lowry moving on and Fred becoming the franchise PG.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            We can say what we want about James Harden, strip clubs and being out of shape, but.... THIS is refreshing:

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-j...024605439.html
                            I guess. The guy basically forced his way of Houston by getting fat and sandbagging the organization and then screwed Brooklyn. And he's also getting paid like $30 million and lining himself up for one more big payday. It's not like he's taking $10,000,000 or something.

We will see how much the talk all means if things start going sideways in Philly.

Comment

• Do GLeague stats really matter with Flynn? Why the need to extrapolate them? FVV was playing on one leg, Raps were rolling with 7 guys most nights and in desperate need of another shooter and playmaker and Flynn still rarely saw the floor. Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know? Wouldn't the season where they had 2 guards be a really good opportunity for another guardto get on the floor and show what he could do? A rookie who couldn't shoot and needed a year to learn how to play passed him in the rotation out of training camp. What are we doing here?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Pascal Siakam's first two G-League games:
                                31 mpg,
                                0.433 FG,
                                0.250 3PT,
                                10.5 reb
                                2.5 ast
                                2.5 TO
                                17.5 pts
                                15 FGA
                                0.496 TS%

Malachi Flynn's two G-League games:
                                37 mpg,
                                0.317 FG,
                                0.280 3PT,
                                4.5 reb
                                4.5 ast
                                5 TO
                                21.5 pts
                                20.5 FGA
                                0.493 TS%

Ooh, look at future superstar Pascal Siakam showing exactly who he was in two G-League games. Good thing we decided we knew exactly what sort of player he was based on that sample. I for one think it would be extremely intelligent of us to make sweeping conclusions based on that sample, and didn't give him a bigger sample of G-League play to, say, lead us to a G-League championship and Finals MVP, we had more than enough information from those two games.
                                Pascal was a super raw project, Flynn wasn't, he played ball his whole life and did 4 years of college. Context matters. Pascal still put up better G League stats than Flynn by a country mile.

Comment

Working...
                                X